College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Huge image alert of New Mexico's helmet this weekend

3BDE676F-8C6E-4C4B-B324-BE4F6000F239-1751-0000017FD865DA38.jpg

25yuswsw28295.gif

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I thought the helmet logo and all the numerals and lettering were grey, but I will admit that the only footage I saw of the game was a projection screen at a bar, meaning that the colors were surely muted compared to a normal TV. Maybe they're grey, maybe they're silver, maybe they're reflective and can look white or grey depending on the light, or maybe they're white after all. It certainly looks like it could be grey or silver based on the photos, but it's certainly not definitive. I honestly can't tell, but if they are white, then the grey facemask wouldn't work nearly as well, if at all. I was under the impression that the accent color was grey, so the grey facemask would have been a natural fit, theoretically.

5095f8fdd4a1a.preview-300.jpg

I'm pretty sure the helmet logo is white and the jersey lettering/numbers are silver.

Honestly, I thought the helmet logo and all the numerals and lettering were grey, but I will admit that the only footage I saw of the game was a projection screen at a bar, meaning that the colors were surely muted compared to a normal TV. Maybe they're grey, maybe they're silver, maybe they're reflective and can look white or grey depending on the light, or maybe they're white after all. It certainly looks like it could be grey or silver based on the photos, but it's certainly not definitive. I honestly can't tell, but if they are white, then the grey facemask wouldn't work nearly as well, if at all. I was under the impression that the accent color was grey, so the grey facemask would have been a natural fit, theoretically.

I'm pretty sure the helmet logo is white and the jersey lettering/numbers are silver.

This picture is from HGI's facebook page and the logo is clearly white:

74712_432677790114404_828020763_n.jpg

spacer.png

I don't know if anybody posted this but UCLA looked good. They could've made the gold a little lighter though. uspw_6716006-560x373.jpg

I don't understand all the hate those received when they were revealed, I think they look great.

if they made the numbers gold and wore their regular helmets it would be a dramatic improvement...add the gold pants and you have an even better look...leave the all navy look to cal.

I don't know if anybody posted this but UCLA looked good. They could've made the gold a little lighter though. uspw_6716006-560x373.jpg

I don't understand all the hate those received when they were revealed, I think they look great.

if they made the numbers gold and wore their regular helmets it would be a dramatic improvement...add the gold pants and you have an even better look...leave the all navy look to cal.

It's amazing what bringing back those beautiful numerals can do. I like the navy jersey. Lose everything else and go back to normal and it would be a nice look.

FSU2.gif

They look good. I like the all Navy and the Navy helmet. But what did it for me were the LA skyline gloves. Sick.

the gloves were neat but they had the downtown skyline which is about 10 miles from campus...seems ok but usc is 7 miles closer to downtown than ucla and has traditionally been the school associated with the downtown/213 while ucla is the west side/310...westwood/century city also has a decent skyline so that could've been a possibility but I won't nitpick

I'm sorry, but that looks black to me. I know it wasn't, but they made the shade of navy WAY too dark.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Worst. facemask. ever.

for real. he is not representing the #18 fraternity in a good way :(

This picture is from HGI's facebook page and the logo is clearly white:

74712_432677790114404_828020763_n.jpg

i dont know, i dont think thats a great photo either. i mean i say its white, but the highlights are so blown out (center of highlights are pure white; no color) here any grey they use wouldnt show very well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Ohio Bobcats rocking their black unis and Helmet. Wonder if the locker room was as excited tonight as last season when they found out about them. I'd say it's causing their punting to suffer in the first half.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Like I said a few pages back about Arizona State, the main reason why I don't like BFBS is that teams go to it more and more, further muddying up their look. As a one-time thing a year (or hopefully ever), it's OK. As well-known as the Utah blackout is around these parts, it only really happens once a year (despite the addition of black helmets). However, teams like ASU, Washington, etc. (which already have awesome color schemes, mind you) go to it and end up looking like just another Black/[insert Color Here] team, instead of fully embracing beautiful Burgundy/Yellow and Purple/Gold.

Looks like Ohio is also moving in that direction, which is a shame because they have one of the best color schemes as well as one of the best matte helmets in CFB (it almost matches the sheen of the pants!).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm sorry, but that looks black to me. I know it wasn't, but they made the shade of navy WAY too dark.

I disagree. Navy blue is often depicted far too light. It is not the same as dark blue. Rather, true navy blue is more along the lines of a cool black. If UCLA's going for navy blue, this is perfect. If it's dark blue they want, then this is too dark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love the stormtrooper look from BGSU tonight.... and I HATE white helmets

I liked BG's white helmets a couple times, but they have gone storm trooper every road game this year and it's getting old. I guess for people who just see BG when there on the feature game is ok. But for someone like me who watches them every week, I wish they would wear the orange lid more often

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I disagree. Navy blue is often depicted far too light. It is not the same as dark blue. Rather, true navy blue is more along the lines of a cool black. If UCLA's going for navy blue, this is perfect. If it's dark blue they want, then this is too dark.

Nice, but too dark a look for UCLA, who are not known for using the navy much. On another team, ok.

What I am really glad to see, though, is the gold mask. I would love to see that on Notre Dame, the 49ers, and a few other teams.

Archived