College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Minnesota is (according to Uni-watch) is supposed to release their new uni's today? Anyone know when?

with this as their new wordmark

374357_312846248759482_185828591461249_960647_2104592525_n.jpg

With their new helmet, and the black facemask, I'm really interested to see if that gets reincorporated into the uni's...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to sound like an @$$hole, but is there anymore significance? I mean what stadium wasn't once built by brick? Specific bricks maybe, like how Target Field has Minnesota Limestone? or just bricks...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Any speculation on other teams that might be getting uniform overhauls?

I wouldn't be surprised to see UCLA and Arizona get some changes with the new coaching hires. I hope that Mora changes the road uniforms back to the proper shade of blue and I bet RichRod will make some changes as well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This jersey makes me really appreciate the traditional uniforms such as PSU and Bama!

In the sense that they don't need gimmicky fonts, flywire collars, and "brick" since all of which will be replaced in two years.

Sure, there are some gimmicky elements to this new set, but they are relatively subtle (at least on this promo video they appear to be) and the overall look is much closer to Bama and PSU than Oklahoma State or Oregon. One of my favorite uniform traits in sports is to not use outlines on non white numbers when the two colors are contrasting enough.

I'm a lifelong Horns fan myself and certainly understand your point about traditional looks.

Also, I posted this in the old thread, but the company that makes Oregon/TCU/etc's helmets said they are working on new helmets for 30 teams for next season.

I feel bad for the guy who runs The Helmet Project site.

I know, I thought the same thing. The guy probably has a facepalm moment every time he turns on a football game. Next year it will just be worse!

really liking Minnesota's new look. i think the black face mask is cool, and looks great on the matte maroon. consider black as the modern neutral here as grey has been in the past. really digging that number font too.

the white and gold (jersey and pants) together im not going to like too much, but whatever. i like the simplicity here, when you have an identity/colors as good and unique as MINN you can pull this off. (as a bad example, check NC State). no confusion with ASU here; those uniforms have elements that really jump out at you.

the brick pattern is a great idea, but looks poor. if they had gone with a brick outline instead of solid blocks, that would be 10x better. well done though as usual Nike.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These are surprisingly mild and traditional. I love the solid pants, jersey' helmet look, it always looks good. The font makes it unique and kinda gives Minnesota a better identity, just enough to make them stand out. A job well done.

maehl.png

Any speculation on other teams that might be getting uniform overhauls?

I wouldn't be surprised to see UCLA and Arizona get some changes with the new coaching hires. I hope that Mora changes the road uniforms back to the proper shade of blue and I bet RichRod will make some changes as well.

I heard a rumor about a month ago that Mississippi State would be changing some stuff up (different than the Egg Bowl uniforms), but haven't really heard much since. I'll keep an eye out for it.

One of my favorite uniform traits in sports is to not use outlines on non white numbers when the two colors are contrasting enough.

I'm a lifelong Horns fan myself and certainly understand your point about traditional looks.

As a lifelong Cornhusker, I hate me some Longhorns and Sooners, but I have to agree that all three teams have amazing, classic uniforms that aren't covered in random logos, piping or gradients.

Quick - name the Top Ten winningest teams in college football! In no particular order: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Tennessee and USC.

Not a single one of them wear gimmicky Oregon costumes.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived