Minor change to Florida Gators logo

TornadoGTS

A white outline was added around the entire logo as well. This removes that weird-looking intersection where the white at the top and bottom of the jaw broke the blue outline.

Well that was actually just the files, both were the versions intended for white backgrounds, they just happened include the white outline on the new one. The version to be used on colored backgrounds has the white outline on both, so technically no change.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's part of a screengrab from the CLC resource site, to confirm the changes I mentioned:

GatorsCLCScreen.png

All the marks on their website now feature the single green, too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You don't want Disney lawyers hounding you.

400px-BlizzardBeachWaterParkColor1.png

Not a chance.

I was kidding, but after the recent Iowa trademark case where no yellow bird can be trademarked for another team, nothing would surprise me.

• 2 weeks later...

New wordmark shows up on their website.

White stroke, no dropshadow.

logo.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is what's on Gatorzone.com which is Florida's official athletic website:

logo.png

Here's the comparison:

gators.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Im not into the blue alligator look, or even an orange one. Think they had a lot of orange gators on stuff in the 80's. Even the mascot was orange way way back, but it looks wrong. Keep that gator green!

I've never seen an orange mascot for Florida. It's been green since I can remember, always wearing an orange shirt.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is what's on Gatorzone.com which is Florida's official athletic website:

logo.png

Here's the comparison:

gators.jpg

I think the blue with orange outline version would look better than just straight orange. Plus, according to the logosheet your supposed to use the blue /w orange outline on white anyways.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Im not into the blue alligator look, or even an orange one. Think they had a lot of orange gators on stuff in the 80's. Even the mascot was orange way way back, but it looks wrong. Keep that gator green!

I've never seen an orange mascot for Florida. It's been green since I can remember, always wearing an orange shirt.

it was before I was born. I saw a picture my mom had taken from the early early 80's. Albert looked like Barney the Dinosaur but orange. They also had a robot alligator that had red glowing eyes and blew smoke out of its nostrils!

No green here, and UF made this one work for quite a while.

florida-gators-primary-logo-2-primary.jpg

This is definitely the best, but the gator they use now just doesn't look right in blue

Archived