Florida Gators Rebrand

The Fixer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The primary logo looks more like some kind of weird dragon-shark hybrid than an alligator.

The wordmark, F and uniforms look great, though I would consider putting the wordmark on the helmet instead.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Woah! I really like this but there are a few things that I think could improve it. I think that the two spikes on the back of the gator are almost unecessary, and it would look more balanced if they were taken away. Next, I think that gator should only be green because white looks too awkward too me. Finally, I think that the new font is a little bit plain and blocky for a mascot like a gator, so sharpening te edges would help that. Other then these few things I think you have a fantastic logo and uniform set here.

spacer.png

Make the purple blue and this is an EXTREMELY good concept.

What purple?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like this concept, and I see the purple and orange goes well with the design. Pretty Cool. other than what others have said with the two spikes on the back not needed Just a couple issues from a personal fan standpoint.

Not sure how realistic your looking to think of things, but Florida will Never use purple why? FLORIDA STATE. Garnet is a combination of red and purple, therefore the purple must be Gators blue.

Second, I like the helmet as and again speaking from "if they were to use this concept" standpoint the ONLY two things that will fly (imho) on the helmet is the "F" or the "Gators" word mark.

Personally, I prefer the gator be green, but the white looks pretty cool too. Good work overall, a few tweaks and you really have something. :)

Go Gators!

Uh, why do you guys keep mentioning purple? There's no purple. It's blue.

I keep seeing a dragon before I see a gator. Quality of the concept is good, but I'd lose the spines/claw things by it's head as well as round the ends of it's mouth.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The one thing that is bugging me is the white space on the left side between the teeth. That is the first place my eye goes, and simply filling it in blue or orange would improve this, IMO. The two most important areas are white: the teeth and eyes, so having another irrelevant area the same color throws it off.

MegatronSig2.jpg

What's with the design on the neck? Is that supposed to be the lighter-toned underside of the jaw? It looks weird. Especially on the helmet. Looks like someone took a chunk out of him. And why is above the head and below the head orange, but in between the teeth it's white?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Uh, why do you guys keep mentioning purple? There's no purple. It's blue.

the blue he used has a purplish tinge to it. he should use the blue florida has used forveer.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

It is blue. But on some computers (maybe due to it being a png?) it is purple. You have a valid point but just trust

me that it's a gorgeous bright blue :)

A lot of these things, I don't totally agree with but I can see your points and will try them all! Updates soon

tried everything. This is what I came up with. Not much changed but this is what I thought looked best. I'm not a fan. I like the first one and made use this one (crisper lines) but add some of the 1st element back in for the final.

UF1a.png

much better! that looks awesome. cant wait to see it on the jerseys.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Definite improvement.

I think the issue I have here is the angle of the neck. It appears as if its angled down like the body is vertical almost with the head as apposed to the horizontal nature of an alligator. I figure you're going for a look of the head snapping sideways so perhaps play with the appearance of the neck possibly giving it a more visible thickness instead of an applied one because the implication I get is of a skinny neck (like a dinosaur) that goes down not a thick neck of a gator snapping to the side. I thought I would like the subtraction of the ridges (not sure what to call the lump things on a gators back) but they do make the gator seem distinctly like a gator and not some other reptile for some reason so maybe add those back with some adjustment of placement. Overall its beautiful and not many people have the nads to take on such a classic logo so with some tweaks I think we'll be lookin at a winner!

Archived