Some cool logo stuff

andrewharrington

Sorry if these have been posted already. Quipsologies featured a nice collection of vintage inspired NFL re-dos yesterday morning. I love the philosophy outlined in the 'About' section, but not all the logos are very successful. It would be interesting to see other people tackle that philosophy from the ground up in as much depth as this.

Gridiron League

Cool logo for the upcoming All-Star Football Challenge, which will take place at the facility where I play all my rec leagues in Indianapolis.

AFC_Logo2.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

These are pretty cool. Would love to see these on some faux vintage hats.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hmm... Not bad at all!

Noticed the Eagles and Lions both feature the football used in the current New York Jets logo. B)

That, and:

-Jets looks like it uses an old version of the Mets' script

-Chargers uses the Padres' interlocking SD

-Falcons A is darn close to the old AFL logo's A

-I feel like I've seen the lion on a soccer logo somewhere before

However, some are very well done - not saying they could replace logos today, but as a faux-vintage throwback, some are very nice (Broncos, Saints, Giants, Eagles, 49ers)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

For some reason on things like this, it doesn't really bother me when people use elements from other logos. Maybe it should but it just doesn't. These are fantasy concepts and in no danger of being used as an actual logo. If these were t-shirt graphics that were going to be sold then yes, every element should be custom or from that team only.

Anyway, yes some very cool concepts. And that football logo is nicely done.

cant wait to see the bucs

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

almost 100% of those are really cool. unfortunately one that isn't is the one I would want to look the coolest.... the Vikings one is pretty lame.

I know, I thought the same. :(

Although the Rams one is kind of a mess, unless I am missing some clever use of negative space.

I don't think you are. It's easily one of the worst. Absolutely nothing in that fits. I read it as "Mars."

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The All-Star Football Challenge identity was a collaboration between Studio Simon and the Joe Bosack Graphic Design Co. - more to come.

My first inclination was that it was a Bosack creation. I like the collaboration idea. Really results in a nice final product.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived