Super Bowl XLVII Logo

Pharos04

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not much of a consolation, but I think that the Superdome looks the best of the three stadiums in this logo system thusfar when incorporated into the logo.

I agree

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

superbowl_8.jpg

2014?

I think they left it out since XLVII and XLVIII really aren't that drastically different. Not that any are unique, but my guess it they wanted to show different numerals. I wouldn't mind them using the stadium "regional" logos as the primary.

superbowl_8.jpg

2014?

I think they left it out since XLVII and XLVIII really aren't that drastically different. Not that any are unique, but my guess it they wanted to show different numerals. I wouldn't mind them using the stadium "regional" logos as the primary.

.... I feel physically sick looking at those.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

superbowl_8.jpg

2014?

The new logo system was unveiled on 2/12/10. Super Bowl XLVIII wasn't awarded to NJ until 5/26/10. I am pretty sure that's all there is to it.

Nope, XLIX is on there( with the wrong city).

vmd9 pretty much summed it up.

I considered that but I chalk that up to the fact that XLIX was still off in the distance and wouldn't be awarded for the better part of two years. XLVIII was due for a vote just three months later. I am not disagreeing with vmd9. I think he's spot on, but I think that the timing of the vote played a role as well.

BCBannersSig.png

Just out of curiosity, is there any stadium, or stadium's silhouette, more recognizable than the Superdome's?

Or, am I just biased being from NOLA...?

Maybe the Astrodome when it was being used, or MSG. That's all that come to mind.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Just out of curiosity, is there any stadium, or stadium's silhouette, more recognizable than the Superdome's?

Or, am I just biased being from NOLA...?

.... probably.

cowboys-stadium.jpg

Tdw3RhCZ.jpg

madison.jpg

3149398035_73d1f31ae4_z.jpg?zz=1

Although, the Superdome is pretty damn recognizable. The ones I posted are the only ones that come close.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'm projecting that this logo is going to be released within 2 weeks. I'm also praying that the ad mentioned in the program with the potential logo is just a false advertisement.

That brings up an interesting point and I loved what the artist said on the bottom how it "takes out the fun" in all of the logos.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

superbowl_8.jpg

2014?

.... I feel physically sick looking at those.

Take some Tums...they aren't perfect but they certainly aren't that bad.

Archived