Funky Bunky

It's Hard To Believe...

1,983 posts in this topic

I just found out that the Joe Louis Arena was built in 1979. It's only about 14 years older than the United Center in Chicago. For some reason, the crappy-ness of the Joe had me thinking it was older. It's younger than MSG IV, the Nassau Coliseum, Rexall, and only 2 years older than the Saddledome.

What things do you find hard to believe? Not necessarily things that you just found out (we have a thread for that), but things that blow your mind, or just seems really weird to you.

• That Jerry Sandusky is still alive/not in prison.
  • Basically 9/11 even still today. Not to stir the pot, but I don't see how an airplane could destroy a building constructed in the modern age. All the controversy and the irrational physics and poor explanations, everything that's happened in part to the events, it's mind blowing.
  • Pretty much everything about outer space, space science and exploration. The ultimate mystery of our world, the astro-frontier.

Only one of the 120 FBS schools has not changed coaches in my lifetime.

..and what school is that?

Sidney Crosby only has 1 career NHL All-Star Game apperence.

It's hard to believe that the Dolphins won back-to-back super bowls in 1972-73 considering how terrible they are now.

The crusaders have won 7 super rugby titles from 15 seasons.

It's hard to believe that the Dolphins won back-to-back super bowls in 1972-73 considering how terrible they are now.

It's hard to believe the Cubs won back to back world series in 1907 and 1908 before any of our parents were even born. It's hard to believe they won before.

It's hard to believe this. It just blows my mind.

And it makes my inner nerd freak the f :censored: out.

If the findings hold out, and are proven to be true, all the main science fiction ideas of interstellar space travel, intergalactic space travel and hell, time travel become very real.

• Basically 9/11 even still today. Not to stir the pot, but I don't see how an airplane could destroy a building constructed in the modern age. All the controversy and the irrational physics and poor explanations, everything that's happened in part to the events, it's mind blowing.
  • Pretty much everything about outer space, space science and exploration. The ultimate mystery of our world, the astro-frontier.

Well, I have a hard time believing those s***heads pulled it off on 9/11 but as for being surprised an aircraft could destroy a building? A 2000 lb. military bomb will destroy a building, right? Granted, that's 2000 lbs. of high explosives but the 767-223 operating Flight 11 had a max takeoff weight of over 300,000 lbs, of which about 80,000 lbs. was fuel, and was traveling over 400 mph when it hit the building. That the impact and subsequent fire weakened the internal structure until it collapsed is so hard to believe? What might be harder to believe is that the impact itself didn't bring it down.

Anyway, I was shocked the other day when the Ravens-Pats broadcasters said BenJarvus Green-Ellis has never fumbled, either in college or in his pro career. That's about 1300 carries or so. :blink:

i'd say the same is the same for the Islanders considering the stretch of suck since 94. It's still hard to believe at one time this team won 4 strait stanley cups.

Well, I have a hard time believing those s***heads pulled it off on 9/11 but as for being surprised an aircraft could destroy a building? A 2000 lb. military bomb will destroy a building, right? Granted, that's 2000 lbs. of high explosives but the 767-223 operating Flight 11 had a max takeoff weight of over 300,000 lbs, of which about 80,000 lbs. was fuel, and was traveling over 400 mph when it hit the building. That the impact and subsequent fire weakened the internal structure until it collapsed is so hard to believe? What might be harder to believe is that the impact itself didn't bring it down.

Anyway, I was shocked the other day when the Ravens-Pats broadcasters said BenJarvus Green-Ellis has never fumbled, either in college or in his pro career. That's about 1300 carries or so. :blink:

That is astounding, he is definitely gone up a few places in my RB rankings after hearing that. Just WOW!

That is astounding, he is definitely gone up a few places in my RB rankings after hearing that. Just WOW!

Wow... Considering that individual players fumbling 3 times a game isn't unheard of, that's impressive.

BTW - looked it up, record for most fumbles in a game is 7, set by Len Dawson.

Wow... Considering that individual players fumbling 3 times a game isn't unheard of, that's impressive.

BTW - looked it up, record for most fumbles in a game is 7, set by Len Dawson.

Wow. Considering all the variables like weather conditions, the defense which could have stripped the ball at any point, that is remarkable.

Well, that's a jaw-dropper.

That if your order comes to $8.27 and you hand a cashier $10.02, they have no idea what to do for your change, unless their computer tells them.

And also that the most fumbles in a game is 7.

Wouldn't you have taken the guy out after, say, the 4th one?

And also that the most fumbles in a game is 7.

Wouldn't you have taken the guy out after, say, the 4th one?

Well, you don't just yank hall-of-fame QB's. I'd be willing to bet that it was a miserable day and they were almost all center/QB exchange miscues.