Funky Bunky

It's Hard To Believe...

1,974 posts in this topic

That the music group Of Montreal isn't from Montreal. In fact, they're not even Canadian. They're American.

That the music group Of Montreal isn't from Montreal. In fact, they're not even Canadian. They're American.

The band "Manchester Orchestra" isn't from Manchester, England, they're from Manchester, Georgia. They aren't even an orchestra, they are a rock band.

1 person likes this

The band "Manchester Orchestra" isn't from Manchester, England, they're from Manchester, Georgia. They aren't even an orchestra, they are a rock band.

They're actually from Alpharetta, Georgia, and named after the city in England.

That the 2010 San Francisco Giants won the World Series. Every time I look at the banner on my wall that says they were world champs I just shake my head and chuckle. I never thought I'd see it and the perfect storm that was that season is still hard to grasp.

That the 2010 San Francisco Giants won the World Series. Every time I look at the banner on my wall that says they were world champs I just shake my head and chuckle. I never thought I'd see it and the perfect storm that was that season is still hard to grasp.

Coincidentally, it's still hard for me to believe the Rangers have been the back to back World Series ^_^

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

That's AMAZING. Definitely going to bring that up when I get to that era in my class.

Add this link, from that link, because this is just awesome.

It's hard to believe that it only took them 12 questions to figure it out.

1 person likes this

That Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive 400m hurdle races over the space of a decade between 1977 & 87.

That Jahangir Khan won 555 consecutive squash matches between 1981 & 86.

Those streaks are just mind-blowing to me to contemplate.

Also that it took until midway through my senior year of high school for there to be an NFL game I had been alive for not started by Brett Favre, similarly that when I graduated from high school only two people had started at quarterback for the Green Bay Packers in my lifetime.

In a similar vein that Cal Ripken's records include not only 2632 consecutive games, but 8243 consecutive innings.

They're actually from Alpharetta, Georgia, and named after the city in England.

I work in Alpharetta and as far as I know, it's the only place with that name in the country. FWIW, supposedly it means "first town" in some language or another.

I work in Alpharetta and as far as I know, it's the only place with that name in the country. FWIW, supposedly it means "first town" in some language or another.

Calling possible shenanigans there. "Alpha" means "first"... but the Greek word for "city/town" is "polis."

That being said, Alphapolis is an awesome name for a town.

...that only 11 years passed between Woodstock and Ronald Reagan's inauguration. I don't know about anyone else, but growing up in the 80s, the social climate and values that shaped the late 60s seemed like such ancient history.

...that only 11 years passed between Woodstock and Ronald Reagan's inauguration. I don't know about anyone else, but growing up in the 80s, the social climate and values that shaped the late 60s seemed like such ancient history.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but 11 years is longer than you think. I mean, just think of 11 years ago in the past from today. America wasn't involved in any wars, the Twin Towers were still around, almost no one used cell phones, no existence Facebook or Twitter, even just having a cable modem was a luxury, GWB had JUST been sworn in to his FIRST term. I mean all those things seem sort of ancient. A lot can change in 11 years.

And just think about how far into the future 2023 sounds. I mean it just SOUNDS like such a long time from now.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

That's AMAZING. Definitely going to bring that up when I get to that era in my class.

Add this link, from that link, because this is just awesome.

It's hard to believe that it only took them 12 questions to figure it out.

Based off that link, the fact that cigarette advertising was ever okay; and for that matter as prevalent as it was. Look at the panels desk for cripes sake, there's 3D models of packs! Incredible.

Based off that link, the fact that cigarette advertising was ever okay; and for that matter as prevalent as it was. Look at e panels desk for cripes sake, there's 3D models of packs! Incredible.

You think that's bad, have this!

Based off that link, the fact that cigarette advertising was ever okay; and for that matter as prevalent as it was. Look at e panels desk for cripes sake, there's 3D models of packs! Incredible.

You think that's bad, have this!

The fact that crap like THIS was acceptable entertainment.

This Cigarette Commercial takes the prize

Based off that link, the fact that cigarette advertising was ever okay; and for that matter as prevalent as it was. Look at the panels desk for cripes sake, there's 3D models of packs! Incredible.

I'm just old enough to remember cigarette ads on TV.

I also remember being happy when they stopped.

(I've never smoked ANYTHING in my life...and never will.)

It is hard to believe that Louisville in the 90's beat both Alabama and Michigan State and the last decade against Boise St. They are national powers right now in fact. With Alabama winning the last 2 of 3 Title games; Boise the BCS buster; and Michigan St. beating Michigan 4 in a row, It makes their victories very signfigant. It is also hard to believe that John DiMaggio voices Marcus Fenix (Gears of War), Rico of the Madagascar Movies, and Fender of Futurama.

I'm just old enough to remember cigarette ads on TV.

I also remember being happy when they stopped.

(I've never smoked ANYTHING in my life...and never will.)

Same here. 26, soon to be 27 and never took a puff in my life out of fear of becomming addicted and possibly never being able to stop.

Anyway, it's hard to believe that there are people out there who have been smoking for 20+ years and counting. Someone once told me that the taste of a cigarette is the same as if you put the tip of your finger in an ashtray full of cigarette butts and then you lick it. There are no words to define this level of disgust!

It's very hard to believe that this exists.