The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

I think this could work:

CP2.png

Maybe not with the logo in its current form, but if they had created the logo with more blue or slightly different lighting such as Fraser's concept, it could really be a great brand.

DT%20PANTHERS%20(0.00.00.00).png

Sure, if things were different, they wouldn't be the same. :P

All we can do is talk about the logo "in its current form ". And in that form, without a key line, I'm still convinced that the logo would look bad on black.

If they added a key line like Fraser did, the logo would look good on a black helmet. But that's the problem here.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this could work:

CP2.png

Maybe not with the logo in its current form, but if they had created the logo with more blue or slightly different lighting such as Fraser's concept, it could really be a great brand.

All we can do is talk about the logo "in its current form ". And in that form, without a key line, I'm still convinced that the logo would look bad on black.

If they added a key line like Fraser did, the logo would look good on a black helmet. But that's the problem here.

The new logo would look great on a black helmet as long as they add a white outline around it. But, I think it flows better than the concept above. I don't really like all the jagged and rough lines. It's just too much detail and I prefer the simple and clean look instead.

I think this could work:

CP2.png

The new logo would look great on a black helmet as long as they add a white outline around it. But, I think it flows better than the concept above. I don't really like all the jagged and rough lines. It's just too much detail and I prefer the simple and clean look instead.

I agree; this concept wouldn't really fit into the NFL; if you compared it to the other logos in the league, it just wouldn't work; maybe more as a college or high school logo;

I would prefer to see a silver or black helmet with the new logo

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think this could work:

CP2.png

Agree to disagree... :P

CP2.png

A damn shame Carolina opted for a silver helmet over this thing of beauty. And unlike college football, you're not allowed an alternate lid in the NFL. We're never seeing this on the field.

6uXNWAo.png

The lower jaw line bothers me when I look at it abstractly (that line compared to the other lines in the logo); when I look at it as part of a bigger picture, I think it does a good job representing what it's supposed to.

The squinty eyes don't bother me at all. Make the face that the panther is making. If you let yourself go full panther, you'll be squinting:

4sexafhx.jpg

The lower jaw line bothers me when I look at it abstractly (that line compared to the other lines in the logo); when I look at it as part of a bigger picture, I think it does a good job representing what it's supposed to.

The squinty eyes don't bother me at all. Make the face that the panther is making. If you let yourself go full panther, you'll be squinting:

Who is going to read that and not attempt it

Who is going to read that and not attempt it

Hahahaha. Can't believe he got me to do that. And he's right.

love the wordmark. logo is possible the worst in professional sports

Not even close. You may not like it, I do personally, but it's clearly not one of the worst. The Rays, Lightning, and Marlins say hello.

The wordmark is awesome. I can agree on that. It is a huge improvement and the claw marks and lines in the letters really look good. Awesome job.

And why exactly are people blaming Nike for this? Didn't the team decide to make the changes...just like the NHL and Reebok. I read somewhere recently that Nike had nothing to do with logos at all. So I don't think this is Nike.

2ly2w09.jpg

I really like the look of it as a whole. However, I hate the lines by the ear. The flow looks completely wrong as if it changes direction abruptly. Right where the top of his head flows into his ear. The change is too harsh and not a natural transition. Bleh.

Panthers_Logo_Football_054e0.jpg

Archived