The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks....the logo has NOT changed, nor has the color. You are comparing textile color on the gloves vs the version of color use in print. Also, look closely to the current actual on field helmet logos and the fabric logo patch on the sleeves. They are lighter than the helmet color and jersey color. A bluish, silver tint. Don't compare it to the replica jerseys and other merchandise sold publicly. The changes coming are either a silver helmet and probably pants OR if they did change the primary color to that lighter shade of blue that people are claiming is different, it would be closer to a power blue on the jerseys. I don't see that happening but I also hate to see dark navy jerseys as they are almost black and their are to many teams in the league now using navy or black and primary colors.

That's incorrect.

No this, IS correct.

Someone on these forums that is in the know already admitted that the 2012 Seahawks logo was getting only a tweak and not a change. I can't see anything else different that would justify this so-called tweaking except that the denim blue looks to be replaced with either silver or a new custom sliver/blue. That would explain his tweak comment.

That's correct.

No thats, incorrect, at the risk of letting the cat out of the bag, I work for the company.....

So, looking at the Logo Slick, it seems the only rendition of the logo to have any sort of keyline is set aside only for embroidery. I think that's a mistake. While I did mention earlier that the lack of a keyline has grown on me, I still think it will be beneficial to have a white keyline version that can be used for placement on web sites and other things like that. Especially at small sizes, the entire logo is just going to be lost against the rest of the page w/o any kind of visual separation.

I think it's a solid upgrade over the old logo, but as Davidson showed, with just a little more time put into it it could have been really great. I think they rushed it out order to have it league approved in time. The logotype is an upgrade as well, but I think it defeats the purpose of a '3D' logo by being so flat. If they'd added some dimension to that as well it might have looked better.

Also just for fun I did a quick 'shop to see what an actual blue panther would look like concealed in shadows :D

2ex09a9.jpg

Obviously, the shadows aren't the same, but you can see the similarities in the lighting around the ears and neck.

A black helmet will be sweet. Literally.

Do you know what "literally" means?

Hey, maybe he likes the taste of helmets? Everyone's got their quirks.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The lower jaw line bothers me when I look at it abstractly (that line compared to the other lines in the logo); when I look at it as part of a bigger picture, I think it does a good job representing what it's supposed to.

The squinty eyes don't bother me at all. Make the face that the panther is making. If you let yourself go full panther, you'll be squinting:

4sexafhx.jpg

Everyone knows you NEVER go full panther.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

The lower jaw line bothers me when I look at it abstractly (that line compared to the other lines in the logo); when I look at it as part of a bigger picture, I think it does a good job representing what it's supposed to.

The squinty eyes don't bother me at all. Make the face that the panther is making. If you let yourself go full panther, you'll be squinting:

4sexafhx.jpg

Everyone knows you NEVER go full panther.

Sex Panther, maybe.

Yeah, I really prefer the "New" logo as opposed to the concepts. Like you said the first one looks startled, confused, or like he has an evil smirk. The second one has too many minor details and the huge blue outline overpowers the black and makes it look flat.

By using the shapes from the "New" logo as a baseline, I didn't notice this at first. So I went back and tweaking the eye/forehead area. Hopefully it's better now. (I also made the teeth a little more derivative of the original logo.)

panthers_new_3.png

new ones better. the concept look awful and the blue is covering too much of his ears.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

And how I might have coloured them:

PantherColours.png

I don't like the fact that the whiskers in the logo are made different in each example. Should be consistent.

My only gripe about this...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Panthers.png

Make that a metallic electric blue helmet (with black facemask) and you might have a winner.

The Panthers have had a great color scheme and a amazingly dull set of uniforms since its inception. Maybe they will finally put those colors together to make kick-ass sets of uniforms.

With striking new threads and Cam Newton, you could have a huge windfall of merchandise sales coming.

the tangents alone in this logo are freaking horrible. but i see Fraser's update of the update and raise to his own rendition of the logo. the best of them all: http://cargocollective.com/davidson#168411/The-Carolina-Panthers

I disagree. The previous Davidson Panther is excellent and I do like it, but I really like his update to the update more. Seems cleaner, more "NFL" while the other one seems like it'd be a great logo for a college or pretty much any other league.

Archived