infrared41

Proof that the world is not as bad as you think...

529 posts in this topic

Damn, I wonder how many crazy proposals are out there set to this song?

I laughed about this. What an awesome story.

They shouldn't have revealed his civilian identity. Commissioner Gordon would never do that. <_<

In honor of Memorial Day, the Cardinals arranged a great proposal Friday night. Normally I think ballpark proposals are lame. This is an exception.

link

So I saw this pic on FB. The girl said a guy asked if he could leave it on the bar. She was sad. I honestly thought at first she was sad about beer being wasted. Then I clicked on the pic to make it bigger. God Bless all those in our military.

563350_418390678178501_1768674368_n.jpg

A teenage boy in Sydney australia helped a elderly woman after she fell onto a set of train tracks

The story of an autistic teenager who has ridden Snow White's Scary Adventures at Walt Disney World over 3,000 times and how he got to be last person to ever ride it when it closed May 31.

http://www.shmoolok.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/54/SWSA-Final-Night-Part-1-The-Beginning-of-the-End.aspx

That's so kick ass. One thing I know about Disney is that when it comes to their parks, they demand absolute perfection. It's why they are so unbelievably successful. They not only strive to make a person's visit very special, they as well strive to make it life changing. I've been to Disneyland a few hundred times in my life and while I personally haven't ever had a life changing experience from it, I've definitely seen numerous occasions where they've gone above and beyond their expected service in an attempt to make memories for people that they will never forget. It's why Disney has brand loyalty like no other company I know of.

Today I was waiting for the bus to go to work. And when the bus arrived at my stop, a blind man was exiting. Usually the bus driver will "trust" that because of his stick and whatever, he will get to where he has to go. But, today the bus driver actually got off the bus, grabbed his arm, asked him where he was going, and which direction he needed to go. After that, he proceeded to walk him across the street, point him in the right direction, and ask him if he was going to be alright. After that, a huge smile came over the guys face and shook the bus driver's hand. The bus driver then crossed the street just as the light was turning red in his direction, and I guess in a case of instant karma, all the drivers in the opposite direction stayed still, allowing him to get back across. When he got there and I boarded, he said sorry about that. I said, that was awesome. He said you gotta do what you can to help people. I told him It is very rare to see that kind of thing in this day and age! Made my day!

The story of an autistic teenager who has ridden Snow White's Scary Adventures at Walt Disney World over 3,000 times and how he got to be last person to ever ride it when it closed May 31.

http://www.shmoolok.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/54/SWSA-Final-Night-Part-1-The-Beginning-of-the-End.aspx

Along somewhat similar lines, I found this story earlier today. Pretty cool stuff. It really will be a pity if the new guys in charge of Community screw it up.

This I awesome. I have a brother who is autistic and sounds similar to the one in this story. Amazing how Disney could do that for him.

What the :censored: is wrong with those kids. Utterly disgusting. The kids and their parents should be ashamed. Good on the woman for keeping her cool and taking it in stride; certainly a well-deserved vacation.