Jaguars To Get New Uniforms

Gr3g3

Since the other one got rundown by hooligans, we'll start another one and keep it on topic.

This black Matte Helmet was tweeted by @TDJaxTim It's a cool rendering and a great photoshop job by him. Don't know if I would want it permanately, but it looks better than I thought it would.

matteblack.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun fact: I joined this forum nearly 3 years ago because I was looking for any information I could find on Jacksonville's new unis. Up until that point, I'd been lurking on a Jaguars fan forum.

So thank you Jacksonville for leading me to find this wonderful place to geek out on all things sports uniforms. :D

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I wish they'd get away from decals and instead actually embed it onto the helmet's surface (if the helmet is black) to use that awesome negative space.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There are two very interesting words in the headline on nfl.com:

====

Khan: Jags to wear Nike-designed all-black uniforms in 2013

===

Looking forward (partially in trepidation) to seeing what they come up with.

As for that helmet, a matte finish with a shiny vinyl decal looks goofy.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan told 1010 AM in Jacksonville Friday that the team will switch to primarily all-black uniforms in 2013, when the team changes uniform-makers from Adidas to Nike.

Say what? I am disinclined to give much credence to reports that include crazy details such as this. I know Reebok is part of adidas, but evcen still, given that all the reports I've seen of this come back to one not very impressive looking source, I remain cynical as to its veracity.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Numerous errors in that article make me question it. Switching from Adidas to Nike in 2013? They're switching from Reebok, not Adidas, and the switch is in 2012, not 2013. The Jaguars' alternate uniforms will be black and white, with teal as a second alternate? Someone doesn't know the meaning of the word Alternate, apparently. Posted on NFL.com but reads like something on Bleacher Report, if Bleacher Report had anything other than inane Top 10/20/50 lists.

At this point, since the Jaguars Blaguars done just about completely diluted what little bit of an identity they have left, they may as well just blow it all up and start all the way over. They've offically become the NFL's version of the San Diego Padres, identity-wise?they don't know what they wanna look like.

And as far as the all-black thing...J. Wayne started this back in either '04 or '05 when he brought the solid black pants into the fold, this just two or three years (IIRC) after the road jersey numbers went from teal to black. I remember rumors then that he was considering dropping the teal altogether and just going with black and gold. This 2013 thing may just be the closing of that loop...unless they end pulling an Arizona Rattlers-esque usage of color hierarchy.

Either way...its really been unfortunate to watch the destruction and degradation of the Jagua?excuse me, Blaguars'?identity over the years.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, if you'd like to get really technical, they're changing uniform makers from Ripon to Nike.

Actually, it will be a switch from Ripon to Powers (if Nike continues to partner with Powers).

Waterloo company makes uniforms for the Army/Navy game

Klieman says that some of that new technology will also be utilized when Nike takes over the design of the N.F.L.?s uniforms next year. He notes that Powers is currently in talks to partner with Nike to manufacture some of those N.F.L. uniforms.

Archived