Jaguars To Get New Uniforms

Gr3g3

Stay home and watch?

According to Forbes, in 2010 (the most recent figures I can find), Jacksonville Jaguars games were 22nd in the league. Couple that with bad attendance, and it still doesn't look good for them.

Are there worse teams? Sure. But not many. And even fewer who can't point to at least one significant period of sustained interest in their history.

22nd sounds great. How can you expect them to watch games if they are blacked out.:P

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point, it should be one or the other.

Stay home and watch?

According to Forbes, in 2010 (the most recent figures I can find), Jacksonville Jaguars games were 22nd in the league. Couple that with bad attendance, and it still doesn't look good for them.

Are there worse teams? Sure. But not many. And even fewer who can't point to at least one significant period of sustained interest in their history.

22nd sounds great. How can you expect them to watch games if they are blacked out.:P

Sounds like the team shouldn't have bothered buying up its own tickets to prevent a blackout, if those are the ratings they ended up buying. :P

Plus eitherway the people have been soured on mediocrity year after year. Idk if y'all agree but this is still a somewhat young market that I will Amit was spoiled in it's first 5 years with 2 AFC championship trips plus hosting on a 14-2 record and 4 Playoff appearances in 5 years because I was one of them. But since 00 team has been in the postseason twice and has no division titles so you would have to imagine why people would start to loose fate when seeing the same crap year after year ! This is coming from a season ticket holder.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I know, you get frustrated. But when that team then turns around and makes a good run at the playoffs, you have to come out.

The first games of the next season, you have to come out. They haven't yet shown you that they won't be competitive. :P

No NFL team should be forced to buy its own tickets to avoid blackouts. And FWIW, I've slammed plenty of other markets for this, not just Jacksonville. I don't even think the Jags are the worst in that respect. And as I said, maybe things will turn around. There's certainly some indication there. But Khan needs a honeymoon period from the fanbase.

With a new owner, and new attitude, if Jacksonville has to ask for extension after extension next season to avoid blackouts, if Khan needs to buy up his own tickets, then we'll know there's something seriously wrong with the market.

There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. If you're going to go to the games, you need to be prepared for all the possibilities.

The Packers heydays in the 70s and 80s (that's sarcasm) didn't cause the team to not sell out Lambeau in perpetuity. You have to support your team by going to the game. Packer tickets in the seating bowl for next year will be $92 per ticket per game (between the 20s; cheaper in the corners and the end zones). I don't see how that is out of the realm of costs for the average person. Those costs should be right around the middle of ticket costs in the NFL. Don't give me the woe-is-me stuff.

It's where I sit.

The average low for Jacksonville in December is 44 degrees. Mid-30s isn't so far removed that people there couldn't be trusted to go about their business.

The average low temperature occurs at like 2am. If the average high in Jacksonville in December was 44 degrees, then your argument would be stronger.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The average low for Jacksonville in December is 44 degrees. Mid-30s isn't so far removed that people there couldn't be trusted to go about their business.

The average low temperature occurs at like 2am. If the average high in Jacksonville in December was 44 degrees, then your argument would be stronger.

Average high in December is 67 during December. Gothamite, the weather thing is completely legitimate. In DC, we get snow every year, but somehow we always manage to freak out about it. Just imagine if snow is an extreme rarity.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Average high in December is 67 during December. Gothamite, the weather thing is completely legitimate. In DC, we get snow every year, but somehow we always manage to freak out about it. Just imagine if snow is an extreme rarity.

This is called making an excuse. It's too hot. It's too cold. It's too wet. It's too early. It's too late.

Support the team. Go to the games. Dress so you're comfortable. I hate winter, even though I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life. My wife and I bought $50 mittens for each of us. We wear them to the late season games at Lambeau. I figure they'll last us 10-15 years with that little use. We have rain suits that we've worn once, but we have them.

You, too, can look like this when it's below zero (that's MrsSec19Row53 and I at the 2007 NFC Championship game):

PaulSaraNFC_Champ.jpg

It's where I sit.

Archived