2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Nystrom hits Letang with a headshot. The last thing the Penguins need is another concussion.

I'm sure we'll hear from Shanahan on this one. B)

Haha, I can see you e-mailing Shanny every night with a recap and summary of every hit including a punishment recommendation. ;)

Morgo uses an opportunity to rag on fans of the Blackhawks and Bruins. Ignore him when he's commenting on those teams.

For the record, I never said the Bruins should trade Timmay because he refused to go the White House or because I disagree with him politically. I advocated trading Timmay because I want the Bruins to get something of value for him before he's too old and useless.

I wasn't ragging on the Bruins at all. Just the people on these boards who legitimately suggested they trade Thomas for exercising his right to free speech (There were a lot of them so don't deny it). For the record, I like Tim Thomas.

And Nystrom hits Letang with a headshot. The last thing the Penguins need is another concussion.

Haha, I can see you e-mailing Shanny every night with a recap and summary of every hit including a punishment recommendation. ;)

No, I can just tell based on the hitter or who is being hit if we will see a statement or video released by Shanahan on why or why there is not a suspension.

Penguin hit by a virtual no-name on a national broadcast means we'll hear something.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

No, I can just tell based on the hitter or who is being hit if we will see a statement or video released by Shanahan on why or why there is not a suspension.

Penguin hit by a virtual no-name on a national broadcast means we'll hear something.

Ouch. :)

If you turn on the Blackhawks/Leafs game, you'll hear the sound of all season ticketholders collectively putting their remaining game tickets on stubhub.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Johnny Oduya strikes me as the kind of defenseman who could pull off a -2 in one shift.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If you turn on the Blackhawks/Leafs game, you'll hear the sound of all season ticketholders collectively putting their remaining game tickets on stubhub.

So I presume you followed suit with the tickets to Stubhub exodus?

Johnny Oduya strikes me as the kind of defenseman who could pull off a -2 in one shift.

Funny, I could easily say the same thing about Zach Bogosian.

Morgo uses an opportunity to rag on fans of the Blackhawks and Bruins. Ignore him when he's commenting on those teams.

For the record, I never said the Bruins should trade Timmay because he refused to go the White House or because I disagree with him politically. I advocated trading Timmay because I want the Bruins to get something of value for him before he's too old and useless.

I wasn't ragging on the Bruins at all. Just the people on these boards who legitimately suggested they trade Thomas for exercising his right to free speech (There were a lot of them so don't deny it). For the record, I like Tim Thomas.

And I wasn't one of them. So there was no need to reply to my comment specifically.

spacer.png

So, is this it for Crawford? From the accounts I read, he looked lost in the 1st before Quenneville yanked him. Because if he's toast, then that's another offseason of figuring out what the heck to do in net, and where to bury the franchise goalie's contract.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, is this it for Crawford? From the accounts I read, he looked lost in the 1st before Quenneville yanked him. Because if he's toast, then that's another offseason of figuring out what the heck to do in net, and where to bury the franchise goalie's contract.

After he got pulled he looked like a guy on death row. I don't think you gain anything from starting him again. Guy's finished. Emery's no better, but he's not a headcase like Crawford.

So I presume you followed suit with the tickets to Stubhub exodus?

If I had season tickets, I'd be getting rid of them asap, win or no win tonight. The blackhawks rallied tonight in the epic battle of two god awful teams, and at home no less. It doesn't require two eyes to see the forest through the trees with this franchise, title contention is not in the cards.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Funny, I could easily say the same thing about Zach Bogosian.

Or Ron "Captain Turnover" Hainsey.

If there's one good thing about the Thrashers not being around here anymore, is that I've cut down on the swear words I say at the arena because of the team's collection of stiffs they call a defense....

And I think you can almost officially cross out the Ducks.

Shutout by Buffalo. At home. Doing the math they need to go around 15-1-2 to make it. Only "easy" team left on the schedule is Edmonton (Thankfully, 3 games). On the schedule, they've still got 2 with Calgary, LA, San Jose, and St. Louis. Along with Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, and Colorado.

Yeah it's done. Valiant effort to even make this a conversation, though. Get a full offseason/training camp with Boudreau. Try to milk another year from Teemu (there's no reason he should be done). Try to get another defenseman, work on the scoring depth, and pray to God that Getzlaf/Ryan/Hiller/Fowler pull their heads out to start next season and don't wait for the calender turn. Should've tried to sell off any excess parts at the Deadline, but of course, they wait until immediately after the Deadline to die. Bah, oh well.

Pack it in boys. Good try.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived