2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think you can almost officially cross out the Ducks.

Shutout by Buffalo. At home. Doing the math they need to go around 15-1-2 to make it. Only "easy" team left on the schedule is Edmonton (Thankfully, 3 games). On the schedule, they've still got 2 with Calgary, LA, San Jose, and St. Louis. Along with Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, and Colorado.

Yeah it's done. Valiant effort to even make this a conversation, though. Get a full offseason/training camp with Boudreau. Try to milk another year from Teemu (there's no reason he should be done). Try to get another defenseman, work on the scoring depth, and pray to God that Getzlaf/Ryan/Hiller/Fowler pull their heads out to start next season and don't wait for the calender turn. Should've tried to sell off any excess parts at the Deadline, but of course, they wait until immediately after the Deadline to die. Bah, oh well.

Pack it in boys. Good try.

I like Selanne, but I rather see him retire. He's been a turnover machine recently, and he's not making up for it on the stat sheet. His offense has dried up the last few weeks.

If he retires, we can finally move on and try to find replacements on the 2nd line. The faster we do that, the better. We won't be contenders in the near future with Koivu, Selanne, and whatever :censored: Murray puts on the left wing as our primary source of secondary scoring.

Shutout by Buffalo. At home. Doing the math they need to go around 15-1-2 to make it. Only "easy" team left on the schedule is Edmonton (Thankfully, 3 games). On the schedule, they've still got 2 with Calgary, LA, San Jose, and St. Louis. Along with Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, and Colorado.

Yeah it's done. Valiant effort to even make this a conversation, though. Get a full offseason/training camp with Boudreau. Try to milk another year from Teemu (there's no reason he should be done). Try to get another defenseman, work on the scoring depth, and pray to God that Getzlaf/Ryan/Hiller/Fowler pull their heads out to start next season and don't wait for the calender turn. Should've tried to sell off any excess parts at the Deadline, but of course, they wait until immediately after the Deadline to die. Bah, oh well.

I like Selanne, but I rather see him retire. He's been a turnover machine recently, and he's not making up for it on the stat sheet. His offense has dried up the last few weeks.

If he retires, we can finally move on and try to find replacements on the 2nd line. The faster we do that, the better. We won't be contenders in the near future with Koivu, Selanne, and whatever :censored: Murray puts on the left wing as our primary source of secondary scoring.

I say pull a Ray Bourque and deal him off to an a cup contender for his last year.

oBIgzrL.png

So, is this it for Crawford? From the accounts I read, he looked lost in the 1st before Quenneville yanked him. Because if he's toast, then that's another offseason of figuring out what the heck to do in net, and where to bury the franchise goalie's contract.

How long is he signed for and how much cap space does he take up?

Teemu has never been a great puck handler. Ever. And his offense dried up? Did you not see his three goals last week? He's 3rd on the team in goals (21), 2nd on the team in assists (34) and leads the team in points (55). He still has the speed. He still has the hands. He still has the scoring touch. Teemu can keep doing this for as long as he damn well wants.

You can still find replacements. They've been trying, but you pointed out the biggest problem to doing that in that last sentence. It's Bob Murray. He needs to go. Pronto.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, is this it for Crawford? From the accounts I read, he looked lost in the 1st before Quenneville yanked him. Because if he's toast, then that's another offseason of figuring out what the heck to do in net, and where to bury the franchise goalie's contract.

How long is he signed for and how much cap space does he take up?

another 2 or 3 seasons at around $2.6 per.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's not that bad. They'll try to send him to Rockford, someone needing some kind of goaltending will pick him up (Colorado, Tampa), and all will be well again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So would Toronto. Hey-hey!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Québec and Seattle will be the ones fighting for the teams on the move, not Saskatoon. You know, like Phoenix and...Ottawa?

If the write-off costs the Ontario government $15M annually (which isn't a lot and may not be accurate)...it seems like it would be easier to somehow tax the teams (which is never an easy option, per se) who actually benefit from the write-offs than scrap the whole write-off altogether. If you divided up the missed revenue evenly per team, it seems like the team owners would rather pay that $3-to-$4 million excise tax than lose half of the ticket sales.

Granted, ticket prices would go up, but people and businesses would still buy them because they're paying half the cost, really.

There's something really economically wrong with Ontario's plan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And Nystrom hits Letang with a headshot. The last thing the Penguins need is another concussion.

I'm sure we'll hear from Shanahan on this one. B)

Haha, I can see you e-mailing Shanny every night with a recap and summary of every hit including a punishment recommendation. ;)

No, I can just tell based on the hitter or who is being hit if we will see a statement or video released by Shanahan on why or why there is not a suspension.

Penguin hit by a virtual no-name on a national broadcast means we'll hear something.

Shanahan addressed the hit. I guess I was right.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

So does every city in Canada.

And many would have us believe that Medicine Hat is a better candidate than any city in the US.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So does every city in Canada.

And many would have us believe that Medicine Hat is a better candidate than any city in the US.

Oh you.

I don't think anyone here's actually said that Saskatoon would be a good NHL market.

...but you pointed out the biggest problem to doing that in that last sentence. It's Bob Murray. He needs to go. Pronto.

I don't think I've ever liked having him as our GM. Granted, he's done some good - I like some of the trades he's made even though a lot of them have been with Toronto - but a lot of the good he's done has been down to either pure luck (snagging Fowler and Etem at the 2010 draft) or convenient timing (hiring Bruce). We've yet to win past the first round of the playoffs under his leadership, and he's made a mess of the Ducks' minor league system.

Time to give him the sack, methinks.

Québec and Seattle will be the ones fighting for the teams on the move, not Saskatoon. You know, like Phoenix and...Ottawa?

*spit take*

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived