2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Saskatoon is one third the size of Winnipeg. It won't work. "but Saskatchewan loves its Rough Riders!" yes but it loves them once a week on summer weekends; it's probably not as easy to traverse the prairies for four hours at a time on a Wednesday night in January. The best they could do with their population and facility is the AHL, but their travel would be absurd and unsustainable, so WHL it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Québec and Seattle will be the ones fighting for the teams on the move, not Saskatoon. You know, like Phoenix and...Ottawa?

Move 'em to Atlanta.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So does every city in Canada.

Clearly we should move every US team except for Detroit, Chicago, Boston and New York to Canada. Obviously they know hockey better than we do.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So does every city in Canada.

Clearly we should move every US team except for Detroit, Chicago, Boston and New York to Canada. Obviously they know hockey better than we do.

:rolleyes:

Additionally, the Flames, Oilers, and Jets probably enjoy having Saskatoon, Regina, and points between included in their RSNs so as to reach a larger audience and bill more for advertising. Not that little old Saskatoon is the key to any of their successes, but when you're a small market, it certainly helps to claim eyeballs wherever you can.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah that's not the point I was trying to make.

I know, I was just making a dumb joke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hate how so many Leafs fans b*tched and complained when Burke didn't do a traditional 7-year rebuild, and now they're complaining how he's bulking up the farm system (Carter Ashton trade, for example) and not getting a big piece. Of course, had he gotten a top-6 guy, they'd be complaining how he overpaid.

There's a reason we (being me and my twitter friends) call them "#bipolarnation" on twitter.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

And Nystrom hits Letang with a headshot. The last thing the Penguins need is another concussion.

I'm sure we'll hear from Shanahan on this one. B)

Haha, I can see you e-mailing Shanny every night with a recap and summary of every hit including a punishment recommendation. ;)

No, I can just tell based on the hitter or who is being hit if we will see a statement or video released by Shanahan on why or why there is not a suspension.

Penguin hit by a virtual no-name on a national broadcast means we'll hear something.

Shanahan addressed the hit. I guess I was right.

No offense, but you didn't really go out on a limb there buddy with that one. :)

And I think you can almost officially cross out the Ducks.

Shutout by Buffalo. At home. Doing the math they need to go around 15-1-2 to make it. Only "easy" team left on the schedule is Edmonton (Thankfully, 3 games). On the schedule, they've still got 2 with Calgary, LA, San Jose, and St. Louis. Along with Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix, and Colorado.

Yeah it's done. Valiant effort to even make this a conversation, though. Get a full offseason/training camp with Boudreau. Try to milk another year from Teemu (there's no reason he should be done). Try to get another defenseman, work on the scoring depth, and pray to God that Getzlaf/Ryan/Hiller/Fowler pull their heads out to start next season and don't wait for the calender turn. Should've tried to sell off any excess parts at the Deadline, but of course, they wait until immediately after the Deadline to die. Bah, oh well.

Pack it in boys. Good try.

I like Selanne, but I rather see him retire. He's been a turnover machine recently, and he's not making up for it on the stat sheet. His offense has dried up the last few weeks.

If he retires, we can finally move on and try to find replacements on the 2nd line. The faster we do that, the better. We won't be contenders in the near future with Koivu, Selanne, and whatever :censored: Murray puts on the left wing as our primary source of secondary scoring.

Teemu has never been a great puck handler. Ever. And his offense dried up? Did you not see his three goals last week? He's 3rd on the team in goals (21), 2nd on the team in assists (34) and leads the team in points (55). He still has the speed. He still has the hands. He still has the scoring touch. Teemu can keep doing this for as long as he damn well wants.

You can still find replacements. They've been trying, but you pointed out the biggest problem to doing that in that last sentence. It's Bob Murray. He needs to go. Pronto.

I said recently (last few weeks).... and it has. He only has 5 points in the last 12 games.

I agree that Bob Murray isn't the greatest GM ever, but he has been doing fairly well with what he has. He can't spend to the cap, and when you can't spend money, you have to try and do your best to find good deals. You sometimes have to gamble on guys. As fans of a certain team, you know much more about that team than you do the other teams, and if you really did examine some of the other GM's in the league, you'd be thankful that for what Murray has done. He hasn't signed any overpriced busts, he hasn't made too many bad trades (the only real bad trade was the Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin deal, but Beauchemin has been very good, so wasnt that bad of a deal). He has kept the team competitive while reloading the prospect pool, which is all you can really ask of a guy who has a forced hand.

Archived