2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I don't get why people are saying the Leafs don't have a shot at the playoffs this year. They're 3 points out with 17 games left. By comparison, Calgary (who everyone says has a legit shot) is four points out.

Not to mention that they have a game in hand on the Jets. If they beat Boston, that'll be a HUGE confidence boost for the team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sennies have the worst non-Lightning goaltending, I swear. Really crapped the bed in the first half of the second. Come on guys, get two goals late.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Blackhawks get a gritty 2-1 win over Detroit. I'll take it! Well fought.

1st star - Blackhawks goalpost

2nd star - the god-awful Detroit color crew, for their valiant effort at dismissing everything the blackhawks did

3rd star - Smith's visor

You noticed that too eh?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Ken Daniels is a pretty good play-by-play guy, actually. Redmond is a Wings apologist, but why wouldn't he be. I'm glad an important team has a notable broadcasting crew and not just standard-issue Sportsloaf.

Kronwall sucks, though. Always in the market for a cheap hit, but when anyone might have objections, he always seems to find himself on his hands and knees like a bitch.

Oh hey, Kiprusoff is having an amazing game tonight. I'm pretty sure the Stars can jump into third place if they win this shootout. How the hell.

Ken Daniels is a pretty good play-by-play guy, actually. Redmond is a Wings apologist, but why wouldn't he be. I'm glad an important team has a notable broadcasting crew and not just standard-issue Sportsloaf.

Kronwall sucks, though. Always in the market for a cheap hit, but when anyone might have objections, he always seems to find himself on his hands and knees like a bitch.

Actually, I feel the opposite on Daniels and Redmond.

Redmond is not as bad a homer as he used to be (homerism wise), he is much better on color than he used to be, and is one of the better ones in the league. Daniels imo is one of the biggest homer/slappys in the league. I really hate 3 things about Daniels #1 A few weeks back Zetterberg did the Forsberg move in the shootout, Daniels credited Forsberg, but from then on it became "The Zetterberg Move" #2 Everything Pavel Datsyuk does is "Datsyukian". #3 He comes to sexual completion after every damn Wing goal... Goal to make it 6-0 he goes nuts, empty netter to beat Carolina 4-2 he screams like a little girl at a NKOTB concert, goal to tie a game at 1 in the first he has to change his pants.

I'd rather have their radio team (Ken Kal and Paul Woods) become their tv team.

Kronwall for the most part is a good D-man and likely their next captain. As I have gone on record before on like 90% of his hits he either hits the opponents head first or leaves his feet (and always avoids suspension, let alone a penalty). However you are dead on him going fetal whenever challenged.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Not NHL, but Bob McKenzie tweeted this:

Bizarre OHL game Erie @ Niagara. Erie starting G injured in 1st minute, no back-up, F Connor Crisp puts on pads. Yikes. 3-2 NIA, end of 1.

EDIT: It's now 7-3 for Niagara. Crisp has made 18 saves on 25 shots through two periods.

Gotta give him credit. I think it would be closer to 20-3 if it was me.

FINAL SCORE: 13-3 Niagara. 32 saves on 45 shots.

It doesn't help when Niagara is one of the best teams in the OHL and Erie's, by far, the worst.

I saw, I came, I left.

Washington had one of the saddest last-ditch efforts I've seen in some time there.

Pull Neuvirth too late, and then never even got possession in the Flyers defensive zone again. Awful, and Backstrom or no Backstrom, there's no explanation for a team with the offensive talent they have to have been shutout the last two games, and damn lucky not to have been shutout the past three games.

spacer.png

Blackhawks get a gritty 2-1 win over Detroit. I'll take it! Well fought.

1st star - Blackhawks goalpost

2nd star - the god-awful Detroit color crew, for their valiant effort at dismissing everything the blackhawks did

3rd star - Smith's visor

You noticed that too eh?

Of course. They stole his schtick.<_<

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Stars can jump into third place if they win this shootout. How the hell.

Not tonight, but if Phoenix loses in regulation to Pittsburgh, Dallas will indeed be in third place, despite being idle. :blink:

As a Stars fan though, I'll take it!

Not NHL, but Bob McKenzie tweeted this:

Bizarre OHL game Erie @ Niagara. Erie starting G injured in 1st minute, no back-up, F Connor Crisp puts on pads. Yikes. 3-2 NIA, end of 1.

EDIT: It's now 7-3 for Niagara. Crisp has made 18 saves on 25 shots through two periods.

Gotta give him credit. I think it would be closer to 20-3 if it was me.

FINAL SCORE: 13-4 Niagara. 32 saves on 45 shots.

It doesn't help when Niagara is one of the best teams in the OHL and Erie's, by far, the worst.

Here's the highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2E4hy-IQ0&feature=youtu.be

and the game story

http://ottershockey.com/article/crisp-dons-goalie-pads-in-loss-to-niagara

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Washington had one of the saddest last-ditch efforts I've seen in some time there.

Pull Neuvirth too late, and then never even got possession in the Flyers defensive zone again. Awful, and Backstrom or no Backstrom, there's no explanation for a team with the offensive talent they have to have been shutout the last two games, and damn lucky not to have been shutout the past three games.

Simply put, there has been no sense of urgency the last two games (both winnable). I don't like their chances this week against the Canes, Bolts, Bruins, and Leafs.

It's a surprising margin since Boston is statistically the best team in the East, with New York right on their tails.

Given the head-to-heads this season, New York might be a slightly better team (equal goaltending, better D, worse O), but it's basically a pick 'em if they meet in a playoff series. A Boston/New York Conference Final would probably be best for the EC as a whole. Those two have established themselves as the class of the East, with Pittsburgh being the closest to them in terms of quality.

Not if you've been watching the team recently.

That was actually a decent game for the Bruins, compared to their recent games.

spacer.png

Turco isn't playoff eligible, but since Rask might be back at the end of the first round, they may not need him in the playoffs. I think they just want him to alleviate some of the pressure on Thomas during the Bruins' jam-packed March schedule.

spacer.png

It's so awesome that this is a national telecast, too. It's so good to have this much excitement on display. And the Jets themselves aren't even that good!

EDIT: they scored again! GST!

Archived