2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Corey Perry did not deserve that goal. That was a horrible call by the officials and should be taken away. That puck was no where close to going in the net and then after the puck hits the OUTSIDE of the net Dan Boyle slides and knocks the net off the morring trying to stop the shot. That was a horrible call by the on-ice officials and there is no way that the NHL should allow a puck that isn't going in the net and has no chance to go in the net, to be a goal because a guy knocks off the net trying to stop the shot after the shot hits the outside of the net. Pathetic officiating on the ice, and pathetic call from Toronto who didn't reverse the call. So now, all you have to do is hit the outside of the net for it to be called a goal? Brilliant! Just friggin' brilliant!

Except it's an official league rule.

Credit to Adam Brady, writer of the Anaheim Ducks Ducks Blog, for the copypasta:

Rule 63.6: "When the goal post has been displaced deliberately by the defending team when their goaltender has been removed for an extra attacker thereby preventing an impending goal by the attacking team, the Referee shall award a goal to the attacking team."

I admit I was scratching my head after watching it happen. Oh well. Guess it makes up for that one they took away from us against Boston.

And :censored:ing typical that the one year I got to see a Ducks game live and in person, they ended up having a crappy year and failed to qualify for the playoffs :lol:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I know Flames fans didn't do anything outlandish. A few bad things usually happen when 10,000+ fans every night walk down a major street in Calgary.

I was at the Red Mile in 2004 quite frequently and must say that Flames fans were the definition of class. Easily the best of all the recent Canadian finalists.

Sounds pretty fair. Thanks.

I don't care for Hahn or Remenda myself, but when I'm not watching the Sharks online, that's usually what NBC leaves everyone with. Probably because of the who

NBC/Comcast connection and what-not.

This continues to the production perspective. It's not produced like a national broadcast. It's the Sharks broadcast. It's also just lazy on NBC's part, because they always do this with their late season hockey coverage. In past years, they'd pick up CSN Philadelphia or Washington

for a Flyers or Caps game, but this was also before they had full time broadcasters with Emerick and Strader. And while they get the East Coast games fine now, they cop

out for the second game of their doubleheader for their West Coast game and just put on CSN's Sharks game. Heck, they copped out for the Kings/Canucks game by using TSN's feed, but at least taht was a national

broadcast. NBC has their two broadcast teams with Emerick and Strader, they should have one team at each game. I understand that's hard to do with them having

games on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but there's ways to make it a national game still. In the past, they've used the Ducks John Alhers for NBC/Versus games that feature

the Ducks and he's done it for a couple non-Ducks games as well. They'll pair Alhers with one of the other color guys NBC uses (Brickely, Reaugh, etc) like at the Ducks/Stars game last month with Alhers in the booth and McGuire in

between the glass. NBC Sports has gotten better in their coverage, but this in particular (late season double header feed stealing) is something they haven't changed and it sucks.

In addition the NHL needs to look into flex-scheduling late in the year. For example, I understand that after last year, Lightning-Bruins on Tuesday looked like a great game, but one of the teams isn't doing well and could've been flipped for Sabres-Caps. In addition, obviously Wings-Jackets should've been changed for say Rangers-Jets last night. I mean this isn't like the NFL where it requires a few hours to change the games, but in the NHL the times won't change at all, just who carries the game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sounds pretty fair. Thanks.

I don't care for Hahn or Remenda myself, but when I'm not watching the Sharks online, that's usually what NBC leaves everyone with. Probably because of the whole NBC/Comcast connection and what-not.

That's exactly what it is, and it bugs me from a fan watching perspective and a production perspective. As a fan, I'm excited when I hear that the Ducks are going to be on national TV so I don't have to be subjected to my crappy internet feed since I'm not in SoCal anymore, but then I'm reminded it's a Sharks game and we're getting Randy and Drew. They're not national broadcasters and won't ever be. They're the San Jose broadcasters. BTW, did you guys know it was Logan Couture's birthday yesterday? I sure didn't. <_<

This continues to the production perspective. It's not produced like a national broadcast. It's the Sharks broadcast. It's also just lazy on NBC's part, because they always do this with their late season hockey coverage. In past years, they'd pick up CSN Philadelphia or Washington for a Flyers or Caps game, but this was also before they had full time broadcasters with Emerick and Strader. So while they get the East Coast games fine now, they cop out for the second game of their doubleheader for their West Coast game and just put on CSN's Sharks game. Heck, they copped out for the Kings/Canucks game by using TSN's feed, but at least taht was a national broadcast. NBC has their two broadcast teams with Emerick and Strader, they should have one team at each game. I understand that's hard to do with them having games on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but there's ways to make it a national game still. In the past, they've used the Ducks John Alhers for NBC/Versus games that feature the Ducks and he's done it for a couple non-Ducks games as well. They'll pair Alhers with one of the other color guys NBC uses (Brickely, Reaugh, etc) like at the Ducks/Stars game last month with Alhers in the booth and McGuire in between the glass. NBC Sports has gotten better in their coverage, but this in particular (late season double header feed stealing) is something they haven't changed and it sucks.

It's probably a contractual thing. NBC-SN can pick up a CSN broadcast because they're sister networks, and can also pick up CBC and TSN feeds because these channels aren't broadcast in many US cities. On occasion, Versus did pick up the MSG Network feeds of Rangers games (probably because it's a channel not offered to many markets outside New York) and Altitude Network feeds for Avalanche games.

However, Fox Sports and NBC-SN are rival networks, and it just so happens that most American teams use a partner of Fox (whether it be FSN, Root Sports, SportSouth, Prime Ticket, etc.) as the main provider of game broadcasts. Fox most likely doesn't want to lose viewers to NBC-SN, even if it's the same exact feed. It's the same reason why the local team's broadcast gets blacked-out on Center Ice when it's being televised locally. All about ratings.

NBC-SN can get away with having two broadcast teams during the season because the calendar allows fill-in announcers when their team's playing (or nearby or on an extended break between games), and they'll be picking up some announcers in the playoffs from teams that have been eliminated.

There are hundreds of fans in Ranger jerseys at the Nassau Mausoleum tonight rooting all-out for the Isles against Pittsburgh.

I $*#%#%#@^#@@ing love hockey.

That reminds me of last year when after my team got into the finals, a bunch of us went to the last game of the other semi-final to cheer for the underdog team so we could play the easier team in the finals :lol: Unfortunately for us the favorite came through ad we got our asses kicked in the finals, both literally and figuratively.

Anyone watching NESN? The Bear & the Gang was pretty hilarious.

I wonder how inebriated Rene Rancourt was during it.

Anyway, I'm hoping Pierre McGuire gets the Canadiens GM job so he's not on TV anymore. I'm convinced all he does is overhear the bench and then make assumptions and suggestions based off of what the coaches are already talking about. He provides absolutely nothing to the game when he's commentating.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Bruins down 2-0 with about 10 minutes left, only to come back and force OT after goals by David Krejci and Captain Planet Andrew Ference. If they can win this in OT, they'll clinch a playoff spot.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Bruins down 2-0 with about 10 minutes left, only to come back and force OT after goals by David Krejci and Captain Planet Andrew Ference. If they can win this in OT, they'll clinch a playoff spot.

It's only fitting that tonight's game ends in a shootout.

Absolutely dirty shootout moves by Hendricks, Semin and Laich. We need points, dont care how we get em right now.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Absolutely dirty shootout moves by Hendricks, Semin and Laich. We need points, dont care how we get em right now.

Utterly amazing. I couldn't even get pissed off at those moves because of how gorgeous they were.

Anyway, the Bruins just about clinch. They needed the extra point to confirm, but they now have a .02% chance of finishing ninth.

spacer.png

Archived