2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night in London (Ontario, mind you)... We have ourselves a new problem and it's called:

BANANA-GATE!

Also to note, the NHL has planned a press event at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia for Monday... Hm? Does that mean the Winter Classic will be at the Bank this year?

I love it how everyone assumes he did it because he is black. It's not like he shouted a racial slur at him. Maybe he just doesn't like Simmonds, or the Flyers in general. Why is it that no one said that the man who threw waffles on the ice during a Leafs game did because he hates white people? Oh, right - because he didn't. I don't see how people can actually conclude that this was because of his skin colour. If he threw a banana at Schenn, would everyone say it was racist? Of course not! This isn't the 1930s people. Whenever something bad happens to a black person, everyone comes out and pulls the race card (but not Simmonds, he took it with class). I remember that a contestant who was voted out on Survivor a few years back said that they voted him out because he was black. I can't believe that the general public is buying into this crap. IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF HIS RACE. I don't see how hard it is to understand that, or how easy it is to draw that ridiculous conclusion. Not saying that racism doesn't happen, but you can't just throw it around for everything like this.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just waiting for the "WHY IS IT OKAY FOR QUENTIN TARANTINO TO CALL BLACK PEOPLE N WORD BUT WHEN A DRUNKEN IRISHMAN DOES IT" defense analogue.

Also, I'll assume that these guys JUST HAD BANANAS WITH THEM at a hockey game. Total coincidence, spur of the moment thing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just thought I'd put my 2cents in on the prediction front.

West:

1) Vancouver

2) Detroit

3) Los Angeles

4) San Jose

5) Nashville

6) Columbus

7) Chicago

8) Anaheim

-----------------

9) Phoenix

10) Minnesota

11) Edmonton

12) Dallas

13) Colorado

14) St Louis

15) Calgary -(they will finish last overall)

East:

1) Washington

2) Rangers

3) Boston

4) Tampa Bay

5) Buffalo

6) Pittsburgh- Crosby will NOT play this season

7) Toronto

8) Winnipeg

----------------

9) Montreal

10) Carolina

11)New Jersey

12) Philadelphia

13) NY Islanders

14) Florida

15) Ottawa

I love it how everyone assumes he did it because he is black. It's not like he shouted a racial slur at him. Maybe he just doesn't like Simmonds, or the Flyers in general. Why is it that no one said that the man who threw waffles on the ice during a Leafs game did because he hates white people? Oh, right - because he didn't. I don't see how people can actually conclude that this was because of his skin colour. If he threw a banana at Schenn, would everyone say it was racist? Of course not! This isn't the 1930s people. Whenever something bad happens to a black person, everyone comes out and pulls the race card (but not Simmonds, he took it with class). I remember that a contestant who was voted out on Survivor a few years back said that they voted him out because he was black. I can't believe that the general public is buying into this crap. IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF HIS RACE. I don't see how hard it is to understand that, or how easy it is to draw that ridiculous conclusion. Not saying that racism doesn't happen, but you can't just throw it around for everything like this.

It was because of Simmonds' race. It was disgusting.

Unfortunately the perpetrator got away without being caught and is probably laughing about it somewhere.

The way Simmonds handled it is commendable and he managed to score on his shootout attempt too.

I wouldn't say they got away just yet. I'm sure he'll show up on Facebook bragging about it sooner or later.

Gotta think somebody will come forward, and at least describe what the guy looked like. Their had to be at least 5 or 6 people with in arms length of the dude. Just a disgusting act, and I hope they find this a***ole.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The NHL has decided to condone the banana-throwing, calling it stupid and ignorant.

I think the best course of action here may be to ignore it, rather than to publicize it.

You're trolling. It was publicized prior to the league making any sort of statement. Minutes after it happened the news was on twitter/facebook/youtube and the league would've gotten worse negative publicity for ignoring it. It had already gotten out forcing the league to make a statement.

Plus it's impossible, by definition, to condone something by speaking against it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived