2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I might be in the minority here, but I would like to see the Vezina awarded to both Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak this season.

It's called the Jennings Trophy.

The Vezina this year is King Henrik, hands down.

Yes, I'm aware of the significance of the Jennings Trophy, but I stand by my initial post. One can make a case that St. Louis would be nowhere at the top of the standings without their stout goaltending tandem this year, along with other contributing factors. However, I agree with you that the Vezina should be awarded to Henrik Lundqvist this season.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and Ken Hitchcock made freaking Steve Mason look good. It's almost like his system is designed to prevent goals from being scored or sumpin.

Speaking of Ken Hitchcock, that's so Blue Jacketsy to hire a guy who uses a system illequipped for the post-lockout NHL, and then fire him just as his style of play begins to work again. Fire Howson.

Ken Hitchcock's Blues do not utilize the same system his Stars, Flyers and even Blue Jackets teams. Everyone can keep assuming it's an outdated and now back in trap, but it's not. Watch the games and stop getting caught up in the fact that the Blues don't have a 30-goal scorer and are beating your favorite team, and you'll see it.

Sound defense does NOT mean it's a boring trap. The Blues scored 4-goals last night for pete's sake. The Blues play tight defense which creates chances off of turnovers. And when they have the puck, they play a possession game. That's not a trap.

For what it's worth, I don't care if it were a trap, it's still successful hockey. But it bothers me that every team the Blues beat a team their fans complain about how boring the Blues are. Hitchcock re-invented himself and his style of play, and it's a very smart one.

Canucks beg Canucks fans not to burn things down again, just to be on the safe side.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Same goes with the Pacific out here, which is a hell of a lot more talented imo than the Southeast, and no one is safe there either. Always one really crappy division in each conference.

The Hawks blog I read referred to the Sharks/Stars/Coyotes/Avs/Flames race as a turtle derby. Perfect. I laughed. There's so much mediocre-to-bad in the league this year. You can't call hockey "the greatest sport in the world" when half its playoff field blows goats (I have proof).

goats-gif.gif

What does the guy who voice-acted Shrek have to do with anything?

:upside:

spacer.png

Wtf is wrong with all you Chicago fans. You guys have won a cup and 2 series against the Canucks yet you can't seem to stop whinning about them.

Don't you have a city to burn?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wtf is wrong with all you Chicago fans. You guys have won a cup and 2 series against the Canucks yet you can't seem to stop whinning about them.

Don't you have a city to burn?

Don't you have a team to ignore?

Canucks beg Canucks fans not to burn things down again, just to be on the safe side.

The Sedins look so cute in wigs and shutter shades!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Kings and Sharks wins would be ideal, but the Sharks are in choke-now mode, and will probably get clowned by Corey Perry, falling to 10th place or however the stupid Western Conference works these days.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1. *whine

2. All I did was post the video. Which was made by your franchise. For their fans. Who whined when they lost. And by "whine," I mean committed arson and various other forms of property damage.

3. I don't care about your franchise. If I was CharlotteShawn85, you wouldn't have said anything, so get over it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey, they gave the home fans--and the rest of the hockey fans--something to be really excited about for a while. Now they can get down to the business of properly building this thing from the ground up. I wish them the best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shame. I would've dug seeing those unis in the playoffs, would've been a cool thing for their fans.

twitter

I think most of us were rooting for Winnipeg, it's hard not to when you see how much their fans care about the team. Add in Scheifele next year and they have a real shot at making it to the playoffs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Blues are a good team in every sense of the word.

It'd be great to see them get some individual recognition (or even a duo) like Halak/Elliott for the Jennings or Petrangelo for the Norris or Backes for the Selke. But it doesn't matter. This team doesn't have any flashy superstars, and it's worked just fine. The playoffs are another beast, and we'll see if the formula holds up.

*Waits for other shoe to drop*

*Blues get swept in the first round by the house team*

*Nobody notices*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived