2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Canucks beg Canucks fans not to burn things down again, just to be on the safe side.

But the rioters weren't celebrating so this is all a pointless exercise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and Ken Hitchcock made freaking Steve Mason look good. It's almost like his system is designed to prevent goals from being scored or sumpin.

Speaking of Ken Hitchcock, that's so Blue Jacketsy to hire a guy who uses a system illequipped for the post-lockout NHL, and then fire him just as his style of play begins to work again. Fire Howson.

Ken Hitchcock's Blues do not utilize the same system his Stars, Flyers and even Blue Jackets teams. Everyone can keep assuming it's an outdated and now back in trap, but it's not. Watch the games and stop getting caught up in the fact that the Blues don't have a 30-goal scorer and are beating your favorite team, and you'll see it.

Sound defense does NOT mean it's a boring trap. The Blues scored 4-goals last night for pete's sake. The Blues play tight defense which creates chances off of turnovers. And when they have the puck, they play a possession game. That's not a trap.

For what it's worth, I don't care if it were a trap, it's still successful hockey. But it bothers me that every team the Blues beat a team their fans complain about how boring the Blues are. Hitchcock re-invented himself and his style of play, and it's a very smart one.

I never used the word "trap". When he coached in Columbus the Blue Jackets never employed a trap.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Canucks beg Canucks fans not to burn things down again, just to be on the safe side.

The Canucks win Game 7 and the result would have been the same.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Canucks win Game 7 and the result would have been the same.

And therein lies the flaw in your logic. The Canucks cannot win Game 7. It goes against their constitution and nature.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was reffering to more than just your last post. I was reffering to a large number of Blackhawks fans who can't get enough of talking about the Canucks.

It's called a rivalry, and besides, there are plenty of Canucks who do the exact same thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the Sharks are in choke-now mode, and will probably get clowned by Corey Perry

19:52 ANA EN - COREY PERRY

Corey Perry did not deserve that goal. That was a horrible call by the officials and should be taken away. That puck was no where close to going in the net and then after the puck hits the OUTSIDE of the net Dan Boyle slides and knocks the net off the morring trying to stop the shot. That was a horrible call by the on-ice officials and there is no way that the NHL should allow a puck that isn't going in the net and has no chance to go in the net, to be a goal because a guy knocks off the net trying to stop the shot after the shot hits the outside of the net. Pathetic officiating on the ice, and pathetic call from Toronto who didn't reverse the call. So now, all you have to do is hit the outside of the net for it to be called a goal? Brilliant! Just friggin' brilliant!

Wouldn't that still have been a penalty shot? Penalty shots on empty nets are automatic goals.

Exactly.

And plus there was less than 8 seconds left and if a faceoff was awarded, it was in the San Jose end. It's not like the goal mattered anyways.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Unpopular opinion (but it's growing in my favor): if Babs doesn't get this team in gear for the playoffs, I hope Holland starts to weigh other options at coach. Don't get me wrong, it's great to make the playoffs every year, but the teams he's put on the ice the last few years for the playoffs (and this season) have been so bipolar it's hard to watch. Lots of winnable games that we're pissing away, especially on the road (perfect example: tonight). I don't see that changing in the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. We've been complacent until the 3rd period, at which point we launch 15-20 shots on net in hopes of tying/winning = disaster in the playoffs.

If we get Nashville as a 5 seed, we're done in 5 or 6. I can already feel it. Blegh.

I think most of us were rooting for Winnipeg, it's hard not to when you see how much their fans care about the team. Add in Scheifele next year and they have a real shot at making it to the playoffs.

They had one good month (10-3-1 in December, 25-31-7 the rest of the season), played in a dumpster fire of a division, and still aren't better than Washington or Florida. You can take the Thrashers out of Atlanta but you can't take the Atlanta out of the Thrashers. Obviously having owners who actually care about the team is a step up but they aren't close to winning yet.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I think most of us were rooting for Winnipeg, it's hard not to when you see how much their fans care about the team. Add in Scheifele next year and they have a real shot at making it to the playoffs.

They had one good month (10-3-1 in December, 25-31-7 the rest of the season), played in a dumpster fire of a division, and still aren't better than Washington or Florida. You can take the Thrashers out of Atlanta but you can't take the Atlanta out of the Thrashers. Obviously having owners who actually care about the team is a step up but they aren't close to winning yet.

No one expected playoffs, this is where they thought they would be. They're ahead of last year's pace. You can see they're playing better hockey. Helps when you're motivated by 15,000 fans screaming their damn heads off. This is team is young, they'll get better.

And piss off everyone. Just how I want it, and many, many others.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived