2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess every decent Flame didn't want to be on the cover. Like so many different guys could have been the Flames nominees. Iggy, Kipper, Glencross, Giordano, Bouwmeester. Stajan has been decent of late, but not that great and Backlund is looking more and more like a bust.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So for all intents & purposes it seems Florida-Jersey is the first matchup locked in for round 1. If you're the Devils I think you have to be cool with that, despite not having home ice, it's probably the best draw of the other 7 teams they could potentially face in the tournament.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Hawks blew a 3-1 lead against the Blues and had to win it in the shootout. Blugh. Doubled them up+1 in SOG, so I suppose that's a moral victory. This will be a very good second round series, first if the Hawks crap out for the rest of the year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pens blow two straight to the Isles, pretty much ruin their chances at #1. Oh well, that isn't the problem.

The problem is now being only two points ahead of the Flyers, and after :censored: ting the bed twice against the Isles and going to Buffalo tomorrow night where last time they embarrassed themselves, this is a little worrisome.

Here's to hoping they can turn it around and keep home ice over the Flyers, who we could possibly see nine times in a two week span... oh dear god, the thought of it...

oBIgzrL.png

give up tying and winning goals at 59:29 and 60:15, still get half a win. Trollida Panthers.

Hah!

Florida lost, in OT yet again. 37-40 now on the season. And, yet, likely to win the division.

:censored: ing loser points!

It's remarkable the Lightning are leading right now.

I imagine the Flyers will eventually pull even and win this game. No way they continue to pepper the worst goaltender in the league with good shots and no defensive pressure, and not tie it up.

Even if I do want to see the Lightning finish strong and end at 41-41 overall, for the sheer sake of that not being a losing record. It may not be the best thing as far as the draft is concerned, however.

UPDATE - Hahahah at that final. Lightning take three of four from the Flyers for the second straight season. No complaints there.

There's a reason Roli's starting and it's because he's no longer the worst goalie in the league. The coaches seem real hesitant to give Sebastian Caron a chance. Also, Roli has improved since he went back to what he's been doing his whole career and not what Frantz Jean wants him to do.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Hawks blew a 3-1 lead against the Blues and had to win it in the shootout. Blugh. Doubled them up+1 in SOG, so I suppose that's a moral victory. This will be a very good second round series, first if the Hawks crap out for the rest of the year.

Wish the Blues would ever play their best game when they went to Chicago. They never look so sluggish as they do in that building. Had a chance to beat a big rival AND clinch the division, and that was the effort level. Lucked out to even get a point.

Also, I hate the shootout. I always have, and every time the Blues lose 1-0 in one of them, it sets back any chance it has to grow on me.

That it went four rounds was nice, at least. I hate the ones that are done in two. Everyone grouses about how "games shouldn't be decided by a skills competition." They're not! They're more often decided by utter crapshoots. If games were decided by which team has more skill, that'd be great!

Hawks are another team that's way better at home than on the road (seems to be a theme in the division), so what are you gonna do. They switched it on a few times (like nine and 55 seconds after Hawks goals), but by and large seemed a little sluggish, yeah.

Shah-arks are back out of the playoffs, I see. Two each with the Stars and Kings left. I'm not sure they get enough points there, while Phoenix has a cupcake march left.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Heading to the Dome tonight, probably to watch our last chance. Hopefully the Oilers can help us out tonight, Canucks as well.

The 'Nucks have been great to bubble teams, only surrendering one point in their last 4 games against them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Heading to the Dome tonight, probably to watch our last chance. Hopefully the Oilers can help us out tonight, Canucks as well.

The 'Nucks have been great to bubble teams, only surrendering one point in their last 4 games against them.

I`m so much worried about Vancouver as I am Edmonton, that team can never seem to help us out. They either beat us, or can`t beat anyone that passed through here on the way to Edmonton.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived