Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Glasgow could do with some more detail, maybe by stylizing the unicorn more and making it (the unicorn) larger. Right now it kinda blends in with some of the other more generic shield logos you've made, and feel that it could be really cool if you did something else with it.

Otherwise, I love all of your designs, great work. Cardiff has to be my favorite.

You were right, I updated Glasgow and it looks a lot better.

Aberdeen Energy

The Edmonton team used an oil theme, so that's why I was always so hesitant about the suggestions. Well, one of Aberdeen's nickname is the Energy Capital of Europe, so I thought I could do a really good identity. I LOVED the crest mcrosby used for Angola in his African Soccer concepts(go check it out, it's great). I did a color scheme for the Nashville Predators on my new tumblr that I liked, so I brought it back. I did a lightning bolt, yakball, with scripts on the crest to fill space. I feel like the bold colors helped out the concept a lot.

Aberdeen_zpsb6656ac7.png

Another Kappa team, on a uniform that's a mix of Birmingham's uniform, and the old Dortmund ones. I went with monochrome yellow and white, and tried to be as bold as possible!

AberdeenUnis_zpsbcf00385.png

Dublin is next and then the Isles league is done! My question is, Central Europe or the Mediterranean league?

That's one sharp shade of yellow, I like it. But the clash could use a little something more to separate it from being just a colorless version of the home.

I checked out your tumblr. Neat stuff. If you blew those pictures up along with their pallettes, they'd make for some nice wall decor.

Midway.png

YC Dublin

Last team from the Isles league! So i did similarities to Harps, but made Dublin unique. First, I wanted to put the Gaelic name on the crest, but call it Dublin. I wasn't sure how to translate everything, so I just tried to keep it simple with the team name. I went with stripes on the crest, with an orange banner. The Brazilian club Flamengo was the inspiration for the crest. The alternate is obviously the Irish flag.

Dublin_zpse379e5ed.png

Hoops on the jersey, to match the crest. Some adidas stripes, and Guinness on the front. I tried to make it modern and unique, while still being able to look like it could be the Irish national team.

DublinUnis_zps04ebb5bf.png

So that's the Isles! I'll post the Mediterranean league cities tonight for you all.

A great finish to the Isles league. Can't wait for the Mediterranean.

What I love about this whole series is that your design style is easily recognizable, so there's a real consistency across all of the various leagues. In the same way that there are soccer or hockey or football aesthetics, you've created a brand. Now if I see a similar design, I can say, "that looks like a yakball club." Great job all around.

A great finish to the Isles league. Can't wait for the Mediterranean.

What I love about this whole series is that your design style is easily recognizable, so there's a real consistency across all of the various leagues. In the same way that there are soccer or hockey or football aesthetics, you've created a brand. Now if I see a similar design, I can say, "that looks like a yakball club." Great job all around.

Ah, thanks man. One of my favorite parts of this whole thing is that no one can tell me no. I can literally do whatever I feel like with these concepts, and it's given me tons of creative freedom.

This has now become my favorite series of all time on the concepts forum. Thank you raysox. Can't wait for the next league!

Thanks Griffin!

Speaking of the next league! 16 teams from, 5 countries make up the Mediterranean league to be named later.

Porto

Lisbon

Madrid

Madrid

Valencia

Barcelona

Paris

Paris

Lyon

Bordeaux

Milan

Turin