Yakball Concepts

raysox

Random thoughts as I've gone through this:

I guess my big complaint is that some of these remind me too much of team brandings that already exist.

Chicago: Reminds me of the Fire (I understand what you're trying to do in connecting to fire brigades, it's just tricky).

Boston: I would have liked to see going with an Irish identity other than what the Celtics use--a harp, perhaps?

Houston: I love the colour combination for Houston. Then again, I love purple.

Los Angeles: I'm generally in love with LA--thank you for daring to use pink--except I was shocked at how washed-out the palette looked when the logo was put with the other logos.

Philadelphia: The Battalion looks fantastic. You used neon green more effectively than I've seen any pro team use it.

Denver: Love the logo. Hard to create something distinct with so many Denver teams using mountains, but you succeeded. Suggestion: perhaps change the name of the team to Denver 5280? If not, I'm totally going to use that name someday.

Carolina: Generally like it. My suggestion would be to taper one end of the stripes around the propeller, this would imply motion better. Also, as someone else suggest, play with the shape of the C to look like the nose of the plane, and tuck the F inside the C.

Minnesota: Yay, props for my home! Generally like it, but simplify the plaid (it looks muddied far away), and as someone else suggested, taper the handle on the secondary a bit.

Tampa Bay: Love it.

New York: Love it.

IX Counties: Love the name. Fantastic logo.

Atlanta: I'm having a lot of trouble seeing this as an athletic logo. It looks more commercial to me, like for a shopping centre or downtown skyscraper development.

Dallas: Unlike others, I like the use of barbed wire, its invention was pivotal to the development of the culture of Texas. I'm not fond of the faded orange. I would suggest trying for a cream colour, which also has a desert feel and works really well with black.

I'm excited to see what other concepts you come up with, and also to see your sport take off!

Peace

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrnifm.png

It needs, something. It could be the team name, or the font, but does anyone have suggestions?

remove washington from the top. place DC in the middle of the logo.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

While I try to finish up the US, here are the Canadian cities with a team. Suggest names! Also, any names can be suggested for DC. I changed my mind.

Calgary

Edmonton

Halifax

Hamilton(Yellow/Black)

London

Montreal(Red/Blue)

Montreal(Maroon)

Newfoundland

Ottawa(Red/Black)

Quebec City Castors

Saskatchewan(Green/Silver)

Toronto(Blue/White)

Toronto(Red/Granite)

Vancouver(Blue/Green)

Victoria

Winnipeg

Calgary Sharpshooters (double entendere for Calgary's Western culture AND is Calgary native Bret "The Hitman" Hart's famous signature submission move)

Edmonton Barons (Oil city-need I say more?)

Halifax the Brave (Play on "Scotland the Brave" and city's heritage as such)

YC Hammer (Yellow/Black) (Old city nickname, plays on steel industry-even a little play on a certain old ex-rapper's name)

London Fog YC (another obvious pun to the British capital)

Patrie Montreal (Red/Blue) (the Francophones' team) ("patrie" is French for "homeland)

Montreal Nomads (Maroon) (the Anglophones' team) (if you speak English there, you sure feel like a nomad!)

Newfoundland Black Labs (official name is Newfoundland and LABRADOR...I've always wanted to see a team there adopt the dog)

Ottawa United (Red/Black) (once again, the nation's capital-a lil' tribute to MLS' most decorated franchise)

Quebec City Castors

Rapid Saskatchewan (Green/Silver) (tribute to the river)

Centre Toronto YC (Blue/White) (Toronto's known as the "Centre City," I presume this would be the "traditional" identity for them?)

Toronto Horizon (Red/Granite) (for the BEAUTIFUL skyline & lights therein)

Vancouver Reign (Blue/Green) (reign/rain pun used commonly in PacNW)

Victoria Totems (on Vancouver Island, where many of them can be found)

Winnipeg Millionaires (popular name for Canadian teams, tribute to Exchange District)

bYhYmxh.png

While I try to finish up the US, here are the Canadian cities with a team. Suggest names! Also, any names can be suggested for DC. I changed my mind.

Calgary

Edmonton

Halifax

Hamilton(Yellow/Black)

London

Montreal(Red/Blue)

Montreal(Maroon)

Newfoundland

Ottawa(Red/Black)

Quebec City Castors

Saskatchewan(Green/Silver)

Toronto(Blue/White)

Toronto(Red/Granite)

Vancouver(Blue/Green)

Victoria

Winnipeg

Two Toronto clubs? Like I said b4,move one to Scarborough.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Two Toronto clubs? Like I said b4,move one to Scarborough.

And like he said at the beginning...

The cities ARE SET. DEAL WITH IT.

Besides, I like the idea of a "traditional" club and a "modern" club for the city (kinda like Montreal having a Francophone and an Anglophone club).

bYhYmxh.png

My laptop charger gave, so until then I'm out of commission concept wise. I have a bunch of sketches tho. Pretty much all i've been doing is adding to the map. I have a few more leagues placed, and Hamilton's leak! Feel free to suggest team names. Burmy nailed about half of Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle Orcas

Way too long since the last concept! My laptop charger died, so I had no way of doing concepts. I actually drew this today, made it from scratch on inkscape, and posting it now. This name was pretty set, I just needed a logo. I wanted a native style, but also be modern. I first drew the orca, then thought waves might be cool, and it was set from there. So just some tweaking to the basic shape, then adding details to the fins and highlights to get some Seattle lime green in there.

Seattle.png

These were based off of the Sounders' kits in a way. I have a design running around the shoulder, and a navy bar across the front with Jones Soda as the sponsor. The vents under the arms are also navy. Pretty simple.

SeattleUnis.png

Oh, I WILL have jerseys! I have some ideas, and want to do them.

That Orcas set is BEAUTIFUL...Being my two favorite colors, I'm a sucker for anything green and blue, and I also like how you added some sleekness to that whale.

One modification...Qwest is now CenturyLink, so if you could make that tiny update please? Thanks again!

bYhYmxh.png

Archived