Yakball Concepts

raysox

Looks like a pretty nice simplification, and it's definitely a much better logo now. I do agree that dropping the castle entirely was a mistake, and that bit especially would take well to simplifying.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edmonton Barons

I wanted to use pewter as a color in a scheme for this project, and I thought that a team with an oil-type name would be cool. I thought pewter, St Louis blue, and black looked REALLY cool together. I used a shape for another crest for a soccer concept that I liked. I did an oil rig, with a blue flame for effect.

Edmonton.png

I thought a chevron was cool. So I put a chevron.

EdmontonUnis.png

Still taking name suggestions for Victoria, London, and Calgary.

Color scheme, jerseys, and secondary logo are great, but I agree with ocel0t that the primary is sort of blah. Maybe even just make the oil rig bigger to fill up the empty space?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Love the colors but the empty space leaves much to be desired. Im not sure if this would work but you could make the oil rig bigger inside the crest, behind the text. The Edmonton text could be moved to the top of the crest or placed inside the bar across the crest with the nickname.

Love the colors but the empty space leaves much to be desired. Im not sure if this would work but you could make the oil rig bigger inside the crest, behind the text. The Edmonton text could be moved to the top of the crest or placed inside the bar across the crest with the nickname.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

rATMcmK.png

That was one thing I wasn't sure about. I'm not sure exactly how to fix the empty space tho.

Rapid Saskatchewan

I've had this idea for a while, and hope you like it! The design above the banner is meant to be an abstract rapids with grey stones and flowing water. Simple abbreviation for the alt logo(no better idea). The field is checkered because I thought it would be cool with the Mosaic logo. That pattern would show up below.

Saskatchewan.png

To match the field, I did a sublimated checkered pattern. Other than that, it's a VERY simple design with some nike stuff. I think the jerseys actually turned out cool, hope you like!

SaskatchewanUnis.png

LOOK

Calgary-1.png

I like it alot. Nice, simple, prairie-like jerseys and logo. Fits perfectly with Saskatchewan. For Edmonton, I would do exactly what Lee Noire said before. Calgary teaser looks good!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Calgary teaser looks great, it maybe one of your best logos yet! Saskatchewan is good as well, but the primary logo reminds an awful lot of Wachovia's logo. Other than that everything looks nice and consistent.

spacer.png

I love Rapid! Im a sucker for green really. I do see Wachovia though. Thanks Henburg i cant unsee it now lol, but still the abstract design works. The checkerboard looks nice as well. I see you learned from Quebec about less detail because Calgary looks great. I hope you can figure out Edmonton because that primary is so close! That and those colors are ace.

Thanks everyone!

Calgary United

I did the uniforms first, and wanted an identity that matched. I really didn't have any ideas, or crest shapes. I knew I wanted to do something with the Stampede, but wasn't sure which direction to take it in. But, I looked at the coat of arms, and it was almost exactly what I wanted. I went with it, and gave it the treatment I gave Quebec, and redrew it then tried to modernize it. I think it looked pretty good. I haven't used United yet, and pulled the trigger on the name. I put the hat that is on the Calgary flag in the middle and called it a day.

Calgary.png

I was in love with the Flames' Heritage Classic set, because sleeve hoops are fantastic. I did that, and tried to separate the team from the hockey team. monochrome red, with hoops all over for the home. Then I gave the clash white sleeves because all white wouldn't look that good.

CalgaryUnis.png

If I had to guess, I'd say Victoria would be next, but it is a toss up. I only have the colors for London(Similar to Real Salt Lake), but no sure nickname.

Archived