Yakball Concepts

raysox

Funny you should say that, when I first was sketching logos, I originallly had a team in Brooklyn. They would've been Brooklyn YC, I think. I would've used plaid in their look.

It's weird how things change, the markets I originally had looked nothing like what the final product was. Tampa was also going to be fire themed. I feel like I made solid choices thus far, ahaha.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London City Lions

I've got another London team for you all. I based this team a little off Chelsea, but it is it's own thing. What I did, was made a crest and did chevrons on it as a motif to transfer over to the uniforms. What I did was make a lion head so it could stand out on it's own too. I tried to make it dynamic, but classical. The logo set itself is rather bland and simple.

LondonCity.png

The uniforms had the chevrons going on, and I did use a monochrome top set, and then white socks like what Chelsea uses. I felt like the white REALLY popped off the navy. The alternate is gold which should be unique to the league, and bright and different compared to the navy home.

LondonCityUnis.png

Leeds Owls YC

So I went with the colors of Leeds United, another homage to another club in the city. The name was suggested, and when I was looking at Leeds, the crest had 3 owls. So it was perfect! I did yellow and white hoops as the motof for the team, and I thought that looked really neat.

Leeds.png

The kits are directly taken from the crest. I did a puma detail on the sleeve The clash is light blue with white accents.

LeedsUnis.png

One more thing, I want to do league logos/names. Sponsors can be included(think Baeclays Premier League). An example would be like Tim Horton's Canadian Yakball League

I know there are owls on the Leeds coat of arms as you have stated, but The Owls are also the nicknames of local rivals Sheffield Wednesday.

Conveniently there is something in the news right now highlighting this: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-20025830

As far as the actual concept goes, it is great as usual. I wouldnt have thought yellow and white hoops would work but they do when matched with the blue shorts. Blue, yellow and white are also the colours associated with the Leeds Rugby teams, so this identity works well other than the above mentioned facts.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

YES!

Proud to have suggested the Owls name in my earlier post-you CERTAINLY made it work! (PS: Don't worry about Sheffield also being called that-if both the Lakers' divisional rival and their hockey tenants can be called the Kings, then Sheffield's soccer club and Leeds' Yakball club can be called the Owls)

PS: Here are my ideas for league sponsors:

USA: Outback Steakhouse Major League Yakball (the founder's from Tampa Bay, so let a company based there have naming rights)

Canada: Corus Canadian Yakball League (if Rogers can get so many sponsorships, why can't their top communications competitor?)

British Isles: Land Rover Premier League (That intense four-wheel-drive vehicle is an IDEAL sponsor for an equally intense Yakball league)

bYhYmxh.png

Liverpool Mariners

I was really close to naming this team the Liverpool Four, but I went with an easier brand. I used Liverpool's old colors(circa 2007ish), and did a nautical theme. Under the banner, I put an anchor and compass together like an old Mariners concept(I didn't realize they had the same name until just now), but also because Halifax AND Quebec already has a ship in their logo. Above the banner I did a rope pattern that comes up in the jersey.

Liverpool.png

The jerseys are fairly simple. I ran a strip across the chest and did an all red look. I know it would exile Everton fans, but Liverpool has more fans so I tried to throw it to them as the team to base off of. Pretty simple adidas uniforms here!

LiverpoolUnis.png

I know you did! And it was going to be the Four up until I realized that other than a 4 I wouldn't know where to go with that concept, ahahah. Like take the compass and rope out, and that's how far I got until I realized it wasn't meant to be!

Seriously, I LOVE how you did the Mariners one too...that concept was SWEET!

bYhYmxh.png

Archived