Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cadbury for Manchester--but aren't they American-owned now? I know that for some reason, when I was putting my suspended soccer project together, I was giving my Chicago team Cadbury for their sponsor. I also think Ziyad, another foreign-owned company but with deep British roots (Vimto!) So many classic British names have been bought by foreign companies--Jaguar to Tata also comes to mind.

rATMcmK.png

Oh, and Sheffield is phenomenal. I like the Union identity. I like how the rose looks like a football, and I like how the "spikes" in the rose mimic the steel-plate embossing in the background. It's just perfect.

rATMcmK.png

Cadbury for Manchester--but aren't they American-owned now? I know that for some reason, when I was putting my suspended soccer project together, I was giving my Chicago team Cadbury for their sponsor. I also think Ziyad, another foreign-owned company but with deep British roots (Vimto!) So many classic British names have been bought by foreign companies--Jaguar to Tata also comes to mind.

Yes, sadly they are now part of Kraft. Cadbury's should be a Birmingham sponsor really, as Bournville is not that far from the Second City.

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Birmingham Workshop

Went with another one of you guy's suggestions with this one. Originally, I was going to do a royal blue and white team, but realized that it'd basically be like Tampa. I knew I wanted a team that was light blue and changed Birmingham to that. I used navy as an accent color and went from there. The crest has an anvil for the industry, and a BW for the team initials.

Birmingham.png

Went with Kappa and a crazy design(because I forgotI wanted to do a sash like the logo) I played around with the colors and patterns and ended up with the following.

BirminghamUnis.png

Also check the league logo on the first page!

• 2 weeks later...

YC Cardiff

I wanted to do a simple and classic concept that reflected not only Cardiff, but all of Wales. I did a simple C in a circle with the dragon from the Welsh flag. I toned down the green, and kept the red because that color scheme is awesome. Simplicity was the key to this set.

Cardiff.png

I originally wanted to do a white top and green bottom set, but the color scheme made me change my mind. I went with red over white like the national teams customary to Wales. Just some simple designs similar to Manchester United's former white kit. The clash kit is all green.

CardiffUnis.png

Rwyf wrth fy modd y set! Mae hynny'n hunaniaeth hardd ydych wedi cynllunio ar gyfer y tîm!

(Translation: I love the set! That is a beautiful identity you've designed for the team!)

bYhYmxh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester Four

I wanted to do a concept for a team with the number. Four is how many players on the field on a team, and how many quarters there are in a game. I didn't want to exile the fans of City of United choosing a color palate used by one of them. I chose purple and gold(U of W Huskies colors), and went from there. A big 4 with 4 stars and a crest and I was set.

Manchester.png

I LOVE the plaid pattern that Nike used this year for United, and carried it over. Over white pants and it looks different from every other team. The clash is gold with purple accents and I feel the colors carry this concept.

ManchesterUnis.png

Archived