Yakball Concepts

raysox

Winnipeg is great! I know some people were saying that Canada wasn't as creative as the US and I agree with them, but this is the right direction. The color combination is very creative and liked the use of Agriculture in the logo. I think that a nickname would add to the creativity though. Aggies, Prairie Dogs, Harvesters, Cropdusters. I know all those names stink but think along that track and you'll find a really cool nickname

Winnipeg Prairie has a nice ring.

Winnipeg Prairiemen?

Manitoba Prairiemen?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Prairiemen or Aggies. I was going to do Lakers, but the Lakers are the Lakers and should remain the only Lakers. Lakers.

Halifax's logo is on the map, Quebec is basically done, St. John's is in the works.

Lakers.

EDIT

I updated Patrie's logo. It looks soooooo much better!

mtl.png

EDIT EDIT

I went with Aggies. Everything is updated

The Halifax logo is really tiny on my phone screen so i can't really see it(darn maps app!) But i love the name as i am an LA Clippers fan. Also nice update on Patrie. I think the different crest shape and thick outline do make it look better. It does look like the symbols in the bottom half are a bit squished though.

I think I liked the old Patrie logo better. The spacing of the little things in the quadrants is a little off and I think I like the regular shield better. Sorry

And that's okay, you're entitled to your opinion.

I felt like the first logo was just static and boring. I tried to get rid of the negative space, and make the logo look more bold.

Quick update! I want to redo Exhibition's logo, so look for that. Calgary's set is starting to form, and here is...

Halifax Clippers

Alright, so I settled on the Clippers for this team. I've used this name before, and I think it just works for the team. I'm trying to make Halifax and St. John's rivals, so you'll see them soon. But in an attempt to change up some colors in the league, I went with dark aqua, orange, and black. The city flag has a clipper ship on it, so I took it directly from there. I made a simple crest, and an H-anchor logo. Simple. I feel like it can be improved, but I'm posting it anyway.

Halifax.png

I watched Goon before I did this logo! So I went with Umbro and simplicity. A shoulder yoke and sleeve stripes at the cuffs. Not much to say!

HalifaxUnis.png

Me too...this is AMAZING! (Love how you played up the "Maritime" identity)

Can't wait to see how well the St. John's Labradors turn out...proud to have suggested it originally!

bYhYmxh.png

I actually like this concept!

St. John's Labradors

In art class, I just started sketching crests, and REALLY liked a few(which you'll see). I did this logo inspired by the top of the Houston Dynamo crest, nicknamed a shrek-crest by me. I had stripes under the banner, and put them on here because only the Maroons have stripes. I put St. John's on the banner, just so I could put a Labrador on the top, and the crest could be repetitive. If you didn't know, the team is named the Labradors because of Newfoundland and Labrador, the province name.

StJohns.png

I realized that UA doesn't have a team yet! Until now! I needed piping in addition to stripes, so I did a modern twist on a stripe design. The clash is me trying to make a huge different between both sets while not using another color. Eat your heart out, Nets.

StJohnsUnis.png

I like it! The black and white is very cool and not what I expected. But, I think since the Labrador is such a unique mascot, you should make it more prominent. I think you should have it as the secondary logo, because if you use the StJ logo, it reminds me too much of St. Johns University.

The T on the secondary is very tiny. And like someone else said, the dog should work more prominently in the branding, maybe the shorts as someone suggested. Beyond that, it's a very solid concept, I love what you did with the striping.

rATMcmK.png

Quick update! I want to redo Exhibition's logo, so look for that. Calgary's set is starting to form, and here is...

Halifax Clippers

Alright, so I settled on the Clippers for this team. I've used this name before, and I think it just works for the team. I'm trying to make Halifax and St. John's rivals, so you'll see them soon. But in an attempt to change up some colors in the league, I went with dark aqua, orange, and black. The city flag has a clipper ship on it, so I took it directly from there. I made a simple crest, and an H-anchor logo. Simple. I feel like it can be improved, but I'm posting it anyway.

Halifax.png

I watched Goon before I did this logo! So I went with Umbro and simplicity. A shoulder yoke and sleeve stripes at the cuffs. Not much to say!

HalifaxUnis.png

If Halifax get a CFL team someday they should use a name and a logo like this and the same colors wow . Halifax is the best so far for canada team with st johns not far away (bow)

Updated the Labs with more dog.

Voyageurs du Quebec

I haven't updated a city crest yet as a logo, and I thought Quebec City would be the perfect team to have that. I updated their crest in 3 colors(and made one of the best golds I've seen) with light blue and navy. The alt logo is a simple QV for the initials of the team.

Quebec.png

I did a horizontal bar running across the main logo and adidas logo. I put the same stripe on the sleeves, just to add something down there, after I decided the adidas stripes look the best on the shoulders. I went monochrome light blue because Carolina has light blue/white as their home. Hope you like!

QuebecUnis.png

Archived