NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Icethetics has released it's 2012-13 jersey watch. So far it's just rumours but the Chris has always been pretty close in the past so they deserve to be looked at.

Buffalo Sabres: New Alternate

The Sabres current alternate is only being worn for 8 games which lends further credence to Chris' source. He seems to think it will be a primarily black jersey with a design similar to the black ice series. Personally I think this would be a huge mistake on the Sabres part. The current alternate jersey is one of the best in the league and the Sabres do not need to jump on the BFBS wagon.

Chicago Blackhawks: New Alternate

According to another one of Chris' sources the Black jersey from 2008 is going to make a return. I think it's a sharp jersey and wouldn't mind seeing it back at all.

Dallas Stars: New Alternate

Perhaps the shelved Kelly Green jersey from last year will see the light of day after all... I really hope so.

Edmonton Oilers: Alternate scrapped

In perhaps the best news of the entire post, the Oilers will be putting the Navy, half striped alternate to a merciful end closing a dark chapter in the franchise's jersey history.

Tampa Bay Lightning: New alternate.

According to Chris, the awful "Bolts" jersey will see it's end and be replaced with a primarily black uniform. Hopefully it's a throwback to the cup jersey with updated logos but who knows at this point.

Winnipeg Jets: New alternate

We all knew this was coming. The Jets will cash in on the throwback trend and bring back one of their uninspired jerseys from the old team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy and copper > vintage junk the Oilers wear now. Were the jerseys designed in a horrible manner? Yes, but that color combination is vastly superior. I know it's an unpopular opinion but the current look is just garish.

Some of these rumors have me very worried. Although I'm very happy to hear that no other teams are jumping on the time machine bandwagon for their look.

I thought I heard someone say that the Tampa Bay Make Beleafs were gonna add victory stripes and more black. Any truth to this?

I hope the Sabres don't jump the BFBS bandwagon. Right after they got it right (or close enough), they (may) do that. islanders anyone?

I hope the Stars go with the current trend of turning alts into homes and then adding matching whites for the road. Their current look is arguably the most boring in history.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I thought I heard someone say that the Tampa Bay Make Beleafs were gonna add victory stripes and more black. Any truth to this?

That's what I keep hearing, but not from anything official. If the rumor of the black alt is true, I think it makes the tweaks to the primaries a lot more likely.

i wouldn't be surprised if the stars are unchanged for one more season. gaglardi hasn't had much time to worry about new sweaters just yet, and he's just taken over with quite a few other issues to deal with.

i may be wrong, but i think we're one year away.

i wouldn't be surprised if the stars are unchanged for one more season. gaglardi hasn't had much time to worry about new sweaters just yet, and he's just taken over with quite a few other issues to deal with.

i may be wrong, but i think we're one year away.

Agreed. Everything Tom Hicks has done for hockey in Texas, seems to be done away with in the last few years. This team needs to find its identity, then find jerseys to go along with it.

Although Tampa is struggling, and their jerseys don't fit them, their re-brand has helped in the community. Attendance is up, along with jersey sales. Perfect short term model to follow, just do the jerseys right!

The Bolts need to scrap their new identity all-together and start over.

Adding black to jerseys and such is one thing, but none of it will make up for that piss poor excuse for a professional team logo.

Add some black to the clip art, maybe it will make a slight difference.

Their look sickens me.

I doubt we see much change to the primaries because they have to run their course of years. Plus, and the reason it looks like so many people bought them and see them at the games, is because the ownership gave season ticket holders the jerseys.

I'd be quite happy with the current thirds sticking around, a new away, and relegating the current home to third status before banishing it to the trash forever.

2ly2w09.jpg

If the Stars wait another season changing their jerseys, I hope they at least use the time wisely. The jersey does not inspire, and never did. Green and Texas... Only in North Texas.

Take a look at Cole J's sig... That is reason enough to never change the Stars colours.

Archived