NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

This is kind of unrelated but I couldn't post a new topic yet and thought it might fit -

It looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets will be chronicling the design of the 2013 NHL ASG logo from research to completion. Here's a link with an article and video covering the very first phase. Not much to see logo wise but I though it would be interesting to follow along this year.

2013 All-Star Game Chronicles: Research & Discovery

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=617260&navid=DL|CBJ|home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of unrelated but I couldn't post a new topic yet and thought it might fit -

It looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets will be chronicling the design of the 2013 NHL ASG logo from research to completion. Here's a link with an article and video covering the very first phase. Not much to see logo wise but I though it would be interesting to follow along this year.

2013 All-Star Game Chronicles: Research & Discovery

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=617260&navid=DL|CBJ|home

I'm willing to bet a significant amount of money that the ASG logo will have a cannon and/or vintage white, and/or the state flag in some way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

as far as the oilers ditching the copper and blue, I am sad to see the colour scheme go because it was one of my favourites however, the edge style jerseys have to go, they were the probably the worst edge look in the nhl and practically anything would be better then wearing those abominations for another season.

I would like to see the oilers bring back their mid 90's look when they first had the copper and blue, the 1996-1997 white jerseys with the navy shoulder yoke, my personal favourite look for the oilers

That was a good look. Sadly the Edge switch kind of ruined that colour scheme, and the backlash because of it resulted in them going back to the Dynasty Era set.

Which, in my opinion, wasn't as good as the either of the pre-Edge navy and copper sets, but it's still a fine uniform in and of itself.

another rumor thread, another year of the colorado avalanche not correcting an egregious error in uniform design all around.

to think that this is the same ownership group that won 2 cups.

The current ownership has not been there for 2 cups. Kroenke bought the team in 2000, four years after first Cup win.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well the Avalanche can at least rest assured that their look is now unique. Every other team that used that template after the Edge redesign has dropped it or modified it to remove its worst aspects.

Even if, it would be dumb for the Jets to have a red-blue jersey when they're a 2-tone blue team and the old shade of blue isn't even close to what they wear now.

[/Jets]

Pittsburgh's WC jersey looked good for the game, but does anyone else think it sucks as full-time alt? Maybe it's the vintage white or the big, fat stripes (as a whole), but it's just not working for me. I'm almost certain the Flyers will be the same.

I think it was mentioned that the Flames' jerseys were in the clearance section. I hope dearly that they ditch those moronic flag patches and go pre-Edge.

Ottawa had better go with Pittsburgh. Their fill-tool jerseys are horrendous. Whose idea was it to have coloured patched of fabric instead of stripes?

Where was this said? The clearance jerseys were probably just Bourque jerseys getting the price slashed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That was a good look. Sadly the Edge switch kind of ruined that colour scheme, and the backlash because of it resulted in them going back to the Dynasty Era set.

Which, in my opinion, wasn't as good as the either of the pre-Edge navy and copper sets, but it's still a fine uniform in and of itself.

Completely agree with you. I like the dynasty-era set, but the navy and copper (pre-Edge, I mean) was a fantastic set and identity. Those two colors were great together, and it all was a great update of the dynasty set. It's a shame Edge had to ruin it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I fear the same thing will happen to the Flames. Their pre-Edge look (sans the snot horse) was perfect. Then the Edge changeover happened, the Flames got one of the worst designs in the rollout, and that set dragged down the red, black, and gold colour scheme.

I would guess, sadly, that the next major change for the Flames sees them go full retro.

I'm all for a return to retro for the Flames, but the 03-07 jersey was pure perfection. I still wear that one more than I do the edge jersey, which isn't that bad, I just don't see why it gets a ton of hate? It's not a great look, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm all for a return to retro for the Flames, but the 03-07 jersey was pure perfection. I still wear that one more than I do the edge jersey, which isn't that bad, I just don't see why it gets a ton of hate? It's not a great look, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Worst redesign of the edge rollout hands down. Even if you removed the piping, flags and pit stains it would still be a hideous design. Hockey jerseys are not meant to have side panels... especially ones that intersect with arbitrary piping around the scooped hem.

Retro Flames jerseys are just too damned bright, and there really isn't enough contrast between the red and yellow used to really make anything pop.

If they want to go retro style and use the shades of red and good they have now, then I'd say go for it. As it is, I can't stand those 80s sets.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Whatever they do, they got to get rid of the flag shoulder logos. Those look terrible.

Thank you. Just a terrible look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Worst redesign of the edge rollout hands down. Even if you removed the piping, flags and pit stains it would still be a hideous design. Hockey jerseys are not meant to have side panels... especially ones that intersect with arbitrary piping around the scooped hem.

Not that they weren't absolutely terrible, I think Edmonton, Colorado, and Dallas would like to disagree with you about the worst redesign...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived