Super Bowl Fields

ltjets21

Can somebody post there own concepts or pictures of each super bowl field in history, and how they looked? I think it would be interesting if we could see them all. I have trouble finding pictures of the entire field of earlier super bowls so if there is a picture or concept someone has made that would be great.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XXXIX (Patriots/Eagles @ Jacksonville)

689833686.jpg

XL (Seahawks/Steelers @ Detroit)

art5-1.jpg

XLII (Giants/Patriots @ Glendale)

upstad11950.jpg

XLIII (Steelers/Cardinals @ Tampa)

20090202_super_bowl_33.jpg

XLIV (Saints/Colts @ Miami)

2694_2.jpg

XLV (Steelers/Packers @ Arlington)

cowboys-stadium-super-bowl-xlv.jpg

I could've sworn I'd seen a picture of XXXIII's field, but a search isn't coming up with anything at the moment. For now, this is the best I could find:

20091119-171541-pic-948865364_t607.jpg

You can see the mid-field logo and the Broncos-painted endzone. At least from this angle, you can see the really neat decorations outside the stadium. The back of the scoreboard especially is really cool. XXXIII had one of my favorite logos and "themes", if you will.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I could've sworn I'd seen a picture of XXXIII's field, but a search isn't coming up with anything at the moment. For now, this is the best I could find:

20091119-171541-pic-948865364_t607.jpg

You can see the mid-field logo and the Broncos-painted endzone. At least from this angle, you can see the really neat decorations outside the stadium. The back of the scoreboard especially is really cool. XXXIII had one of my favorite logos and "themes", if you will.

That field featured a seldom used Falcons wordmark, too, that I really liked. I've scoured the internet looking for a good photo, but all I can come up with is this sweatshirt from ebay. IIRC, the endzone was red with this wordmark in white, outlined in black:

$(KGrHqQOKokE4uqyuN1WBO(R4tnkUg~~_12.JPG

I swear, I kept hearing last year around here that Steelers vs Packers was the first Super Bowl with no red or blue in the 2 teams' colors... apparently whoever said that forgot this one:

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

I kinda wish they'd go back to putting the helmets in the endzone

102832-050-5EDBE29C.jpg

I wish they'd go back to the helmets too. It would always be two helmets (one with the helmet logo and one with the conference logo). The endzone would always be the team color that wasn't used on the helmet. In the 80's I always wondered what they would do if the Jets made it to the Super Bowl. A white enzone?

I wondered what they would have done for the '80s Jets, too. Black was not yet a team color and their helmets were green. I don't think they would have done white (would have had to leave a few inches of blank grass around the sidelines if they did that). Unless they gave them gray figuring it was neutral, I imagine they would have just used a green background and used a thick white stroke around the helmets.

Also, does anyone know if the league ever produced SB endzone graphics for every team on the chance they made it, or would they basically decide each year what to do? If they had graphics for every team, it would have been interesting to see endzones we had never seen, such as Buccaneers, Lions and Browns.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I swear, I kept hearing last year around here that Steelers vs Packers was the first Super Bowl with no red or blue in the 2 teams' colors... apparently whoever said that forgot this one:

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

I kinda wish they'd go back to putting the helmets in the endzone

102832-050-5EDBE29C.jpg

I wish they'd go back to the helmets too. It would always be two helmets (one with the helmet logo and one with the conference logo). The endzone would always be the team color that wasn't used on the helmet. In the 80's I always wondered what they would do if the Jets made it to the Super Bowl. A white enzone?

My favorite part is that the matrix screen in the upper left is telling the crowd to get ready for "card stunt"

Archived