Utah Jazz Concept

MDC

Oh man, it's been a while since I posted anything; school will do that to you. Now, about them Utah Jazz......I hate their logo. I just really do. When they switched back to the old note logo, I was really unhappy. When they unveiled the colors, I was REALLY unhappy. I loved the Kirlenko/D-Will/Mehmo Okur era colors, but felt the ball/note logo had potential. I mashed what I liked from each era and gussied it all up to my liking. What do you guys think?

0nWey.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The shade of green you are using looks kind of weird, and the wordmark doesn't really work for a team called the Jazz. It looks to futuristic-y for them. It also looks too much like the Washington Wizards wordmarks. The whole thing has a very early 90-s feel, especially the colors.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

You guys like this better?

PsZYW.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I like the "J" part of it, but I'm not loving the font choice for the rest of the lettering. First of all, it looks almost exactly like the font you used in your personal logo and captioning (not sure if that was intentional or not) but try to vary it up a little bit. You may even be able to work some rounded edges in there, like you have the circular part of the J so the font could stand to be a little less blocky and have a tiny bit of curving somewhere. Also, maybe a stroke like the J on the rest of the letters? PLay around w it. Good start though I think this logo has huge potential.

While I initially liked the first color scheme, I think the second one works better. I'm not sure about combining the mountain theme and the musical note theme, but it could work. I'd say this is a pretty solid logo.

Are we going to see uniforms?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

you have made me scream bloody murder here. you have combined the two best logos the jazz have ever had and mashed it with the best colour scheme. 100%ly beautiful.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Took elliott's suggestion and added outlines to the other letters, I think it made a huge improvement. Here's a look at the new/final for now logo. I'll work on uniforms when I get the chance, expect them some time in the coming days.

W3ZTk.png

sigpurp.png

Now that is SWEET! this jazz concept keeps getting better and better.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I come bearing uniforms!!! Check 'em

Hmiq0.png

#LETJEREMYDUNK

sigpurp.png

take the mountain you added to the stripes and place it on the front of the alternate jerseys.

Archived