Denver Cutthroats new CHL minor league team

roxfan00

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Seems overdone in some parts, incomplete in others. It looks like a minor-league baseball cap logo more than anything. Maybe this is the shoulder patch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And it's official...they'll be the Cutthroats.

Their logo is below:

87cec197b293a70ea2b15d7c1d3b7d09.300.jpg

LOVE the color scheme...IMHO, logo looks like something one of the CCSLC folk might have done in a first draft before listening to revision suggestions.

Your thoughts?

Looks like the client wanted too many elements of Colorado: water, fish, mountains, a western feel (the D). Pick one or two. Too busy.

What's up with the RGB color scheme? Seems like it needs a different highlight color other than red. I agree with Gothamite...this looks like a photo negative, or a halfway finished proof.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Denver minor-league CHL team named Cutthroats, logo unveiled

The newest professional hockey team in town will be called the Denver Cutthroats.

The Central Hockey League team, and its logo, were formally introduced Thursday. The logo, designed by some of the same people who designed the Avalanche logo, features a greenback cutthroat trout ? the official state fish of Colorado ? swimming through a blue 'D'.

"It's a great looking logo that really incorporates a lot of what the state of Colorado is about," coach Derek Armstrong said. "Colorado has always been an active state with beautiful scenery and the logo focuses on that between the Cutthroat Trout, the mountains, the water, and the colors. There's no other logo like it in hockey."

The Denver-based company Adrenalin developing the team's logo and color scheme.

"We wanted to be sure the logo included elements and colors that depict the state of Colorado and the city of Denver," said Dan Price of Adrenalin. "The trout maintains a position between white mountain peaks and river rapids, and breaks through a forward moving 'D' ? representative of Denver's progressive population."

The cutthroat trout was named Colorado's state fish in 1994.

The team's official Facebook (facebook.com/DenverCutthroats) and Twitter (@DEN_Cutthroats) pages were also launched Thursday. The Cutthroats official website, http://www.denvercutthroats.com, is under construction and will go live later this summer.

Fans can reserve their place in line for full-season ticket packages with a deposit of $50. Season tickets start at $15 a game and the deposit will provide customers with a priority number for the team's "Select-a-Seat" event, scheduled for early August in the Coliseum. A seating map can be viewed on the team's temporary denverchl.com website.

Season ticket deposits can be made by calling (303) 295-FISH (3474).

Seating levels, season ticket and game day prices have been finalized for the team's upcoming season. Four of the five available seating sections will be open for full-season ticket packages starting with Lower Bowl seating for $499. Lower Prime seating begins at $749, packages in the Cutthroats Club start at $899, and glass seating packages cost $1,199. Season tickets are not available in the Lower End Zone sections.

Game day pricing for Cutthroats contests start at $15 for Lower End Zone tickets, $19 for the Lower Bowl, $27 for Lower Prime, $32 for Cutthroats Club seats, and $44 for Glass seating.

The team's schedule will be released later this summer.

Read more: Denver minor-league CHL team named Cutthroats, logo unveiled - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_20646206/denver-minor-league-chl-team-named-cuthroats-logo#ixzz1vAyFiYHT

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

And it's official...they'll be the Cutthroats.

Their logo is below:

87cec197b293a70ea2b15d7c1d3b7d09.300.jpg

LOVE the color scheme...IMHO, logo looks like something one of the CCSLC folk might have done in a first draft before listening to revision suggestions.

Your thoughts?

Looks like the client wanted too many elements of Colorado: water, fish, mountains, a western feel (the D). Pick one or two. Too busy.

This.

There is WAY too much going on in that logo. It's a decent start but could use a lot of simplification.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Teams move in the AHL dang near every year. Abbotsford's long overdue.

Yes, but presumably the Avalanche would object to somebody else's affiliate setting up shop in Denver, and Cleveland would rather not deal with the Flames and their track record.

The Blackhawks don't seem to mind the Wolves. Then again the Blackhawks own AHL team is just as close anyway.

Teams move in the AHL dang near every year. Abbotsford's long overdue.

Yes, but presumably the Avalanche would object to somebody else's affiliate setting up shop in Denver, and Cleveland would rather not deal with the Flames and their track record.

The Blackhawks don't seem to mind the Wolves. Then again the Blackhawks own AHL team is just as close anyway.

Oh...the Blackhawks minded. A lot. The problem there was the IHL didn't give a crap in 1994 and the AHL isn't turning away one of the most successful organizations in minor league hockey in 2001.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh...the Blackhawks minded. A lot. The problem there was the IHL didn't give a crap in 1994 and the AHL isn't turning away one of the most successful organizations in minor league hockey in 2001.

...the lesson being, if you don't want to have a minor league hockey team outshine the national hockey league team, improve your own product so it isn't an issue. the black hawks have done this. the avalanche have will not. the sad part is i'm an avs fan half a continent away and i know this will be true.

Brad Lund is their GM? Oh that's rich. His record of papering seats in Oklahoma City is incredible.

So, is that why the Blazers were perpetually up in the attendance ranks with Fort Wayne and Hershey, and the Barons are now in roughly the same territory as the perpetual crowd-shunners that are the Flames' and Devils' affiliates?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived