What Teams Do You Support?

evanmaldonado

I'm just curious to see what teams everyone supports in all sports they follow. I looked and couldn't find a thread like this, so my apologies if there is one already.

My list is as follows:

NHL:

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Nashville Predators

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

NFL:

Cincinnati Bengals

Denver Broncos

New England Patriots

NBA:

Los Angeles Lakers

Miami Heat (just LeBron and Bosh actually)

MLB:

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

New York Yankees

Premier League:

Manchester City

MLS:

Columbus Crew

College Football:

Ohio Bobcats

Ohio State Buckeyes

USC Trojans

College Basketball:

Duke Blue Devils

Ohio Bobcats

Ohio State Buckeyes

Syracuse Orangemen

Manchester-City-icon.png

Do you mean "support" as in devotedly root for, or as in casually follow and like to watch?

I root for the Chargers, Rays, Clippers, and Boise State, but I have quite a few secondary teams that I kind of like for various reasons.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets (I like Rex Ryan), Baltimore Ravens (Ray Lewis and Ed Reed)

NBA: Indiana Pacers (Reggie Miller back in the day), Miami Heat (LeBron, and Zo before him), used to like the Sixers when AI was there.

MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks (the Rays' 1998 expansion bretheren), Seattle Mariners (Ichiro and Griffey are my favorite baseball players ever), Toronto Blue Jays (the only divisional rival that I wouldn't hate seeing atop the AL East).

NCAA: Utah football (now that they've joined the PAC, I want to see them succeed), Vanderbilt football (I can't wait to see what James Franklin does with the program), Oregon State football in the Civil War, Butler basketball.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Baseball: Texas Rangers(AL), UT-Arlington Mavericks(WAC)

Hockey: Texas Brahmas(CHL)

Motorsport: Anybody other than Chevy(IndyCar)

Other than that, I might watch the Mavericks or Cowboys when they play. The Rangers are my main team (have been since I was born), and I go to many UT-Arlington baseball games and Brahmas hockey games. I also follow horse racing when they race in Grand Prairie.

NHL

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

New York Islanders (soft spot for them cause of their recent misfortunes, and cause I hate the Rangers)

SPL: Celtic FC (literally everyone on my dad's side of my family has been supporting the team since it's formation.

MLB

Boston Red Sox (Family in boston who supports the team)

NFL

San Fransisco 49ers (my dad has been supporting the team forever)

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I could have sworn we had a thread like this or maybe it was why you support the teams that you do..

MLB: Chicago White Sox & Milwaukee Brewers

NFL: Chicago Bears

NBA: Toronto Raptors (when they came around, the Velociraptor was my favorite dinosaur thanks to Jurassic Park), LA Clippers, Chicago Bulls

NHL: Chicago Blackhawks

NCAA: LSU Tigers & Duke Blue Devils (Not an avid fan, but thanks to my grandma who knew the Krzyzewski's growing up, they're the only other team I like to see succeed besides for LSU)

NASCAR: Joey Logano, Austin Dillon, and a small part of me wants to see the 88 win.

Do you mean "support" as in devotedly root for, or as in casually follow and like to watch?

I think he means the latter. That's how I'm approaching it anyway. We've got plenty of "who are your favorite teams and why" threads.

These are the teams I enjoy watching the most. That means that, more often than not, I'm always rooting for these teams to win. I won't bore anyone with how it breaks down if they play each other; but I do have a system. B)

MLB

Angels, Cardinals, Dodgers, Tigers, Pirates, Brewers, Royals, Padres, Mariners.

NFL

Browns, Packers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Buccaneers, 49ers, Saints.

NBA

Lakers, Clippers, Thunder, Knicks, Bucks, Warriors.

NHL

Rangers, Oilers, Sabres, Blue Jackets.

NASCAR

48, 24, 29, 17. (For those that aren't fans, that's Johnson, Gordon, Harvick, and Kenseth. B) )

BB52Big.jpg

I didn't know if you meant teams you're a diehard fan of or teams you just like to watch, or you just casually watch, so I ranked mine. Tildes indicate that there's a lot of ground between my love of my No. 1 team and my "support" of the others in the list.

MLB:

1: Boston Red Sox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2: Washington Nationals

3: Houston Astros

4: San Francisco Giants

5: Seattle Mariners

NHL:

1: Boston Bruins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2: Winnipeg Jets

3: Chicago Blackhawks

4: Calgary Flames

NBA:

1: Boston Celtics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2: Portland Trail Blazers

3: Golden State Warriors

NFL:

1: New England Patriots

2: Oakland Raiders

3: Seattle Seahawks

4: Cleveland Browns

Football:

1a: Manchester United

1b: St. Pauli

1c: Celtic FC

2: Livorno Calcio

3: Seattle Sounders FC

NCAA:

1: Duke (basketball)

2: USC (football)

3: Temple (all sports)

4: Maine (hockey)

spacer.png

NHL: Chicago Blackhawks, Carolina Hurricanes

NFL: Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns (my cousin Phil Taylor plays DT for them)

NBA: Chicago Bulls

MLB: Chicago Cubs, Tampa Bay Rays, Washington Nationals

Premier League: Arsenal

MLS: Chicago Fire, DC United

Colleges: Illinois (most Illinois schools), Purdue, Notre Dame, UNC (also NC State, and Wake Forest, I follow my dad's philosophy of rooting for all the state teams)

NBA

- Jazz: Obviously, first and foremost, I support the Jazz. Hometown team! Plus, I was fortunate enough to grow up during the Stockton-to-Malone era. Wouldn't trade watching that brand of basketball and the memories for anything.

- Rockets: I have lots of family in the Houston area, and naturally the Rockets became my "second team".

- Spurs: I've always respected the class San Antonio has, and was a big fan of David Robinson and Tim Duncan growing up. I was lucky enough to get to see Duncan live against the Jazz in 2004, and is one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen up close. I've pulled for the Spurs each time they've made it to the Finals.

- Suns: Jason Kidd is my second favorite player behind John Stockton, and grew up rooting for him on the Suns. Despite his departure, I still follow Phoenix.

- Pacers: Definitely my Eastern Conference team. I loved watching Reggie Miller play as a kid.

NFL

- Colts: It started out Peyton Manning being my favorite player, then the fandom spread to the entire team.

- Texans: See Rockets ^^^.

- 49ers: Multiple reasons - first off, big Alex Smith fan (former Ute), but was actually a follower of them before that because the 49ers (with the Broncos) are one of the "big two" teams that take up most of Utah's NFL fandom. I have always really been indifferent towards the Broncos for some reason, so naturally I swayed more towards the 49ers. It helped that I really liked watching Jeff Garcia and Steve Young play growing up.

- Buccaneers: I've rooted for them since Super Bowl XXXVII. Never really stopped liking them.

- Dolphins: I've liked them more for their uniforms than anything. Growing up, I thought the aqua and orange was SO cool.

MLB

- Dodgers: For the longest time, I didn't have a team of my own. I was kind of an MLB nomad, if you will. Well, my grandfather grew up in Brooklyn and was a huge Dodgers fan, and went to many games (even got to see Jackie steal home in the World Series). I didn't really get to know him until I got older, and as we got closer he told me stories about the Dodgers. Eventually, the stories (as well as a Dodgers documentary box-set he gave me for my birthday a few years ago) swayed me to Dodger fandom. I've bled blue ever since.

- Rangers: Their recent World Series runs have had me following them stongly the past two years. They've slowly become my AL team.

- Padres: I have family in San Diego, and I loved Tony Gwynn growing up. He's still one of my favorite players, and I still follow the Padres.

NHL

- Evenly split between the Avalanche, Coyotes, and Ducks. Colorado and Phoenix for proximity, and the Ducks for their amazing 2003 cup run (which is also the stem of my hatred for the Devils :P)

MLS

- Real Salt Lake: Hometown team, of course. I don't support or follow any other MLS team, and I don't watch international soccer either so I don't have any teams in Europe, South America, or elsewhere.

NCAA Football

- Utah

- Utah State (former student)

- Texas Tech (loved the old Leach-led offense)

- Stanford

- Air Force

- Army

- Navy

NCAA Basketball

- Utah State

- Utah

- Gonzaga

- Utah Valley

- Butler

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I can never not post in one of these threads, don't know why.

NFL

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Oakland Raiders

3. Good football.

4. Any team that plays the Steelers, Patriots, NY Giants, Eagles and Redskins.

NBA

1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. Any team that plays Boston

3. Los Angeles Clippers

Soccer

1. US Men's National Team

2. Newcastle United

3. Los Angeles Galaxy

MLB

1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

2. Los Angeles Dodgers

3. Any team that plays Boston.

NHL

1. Anaheim Ducks

2. Los Angeles Kings

NCAA Football

1. UCLA Bruins

2. LSU Tigers

NCAA Basketball

1. UCLA Bruins

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

All of my teams are listed in the order of who I like the most

MLB

-Miami Marlins: Born their, and I like most Miami sports teams.

-Texas Rangers:Kinda bandwagoned on in 2009, but have been a fan since then.

-Pittsburgh Pirates: I like all Pittsburgh things, because my dad was born their, and his family is from Western Pennsylvania.

NFL

-Pittsburgh Steelers: See Pirates explanation.

-Atlanta Falcons: Home town team, I've liked them since 2004.

-San Diego Chargers: I'm not too sure why I like them, they're just one of the random teams I like.

NBA

-Atlanta Hawks: Hometown team, liked them since I started following basketball in 2008.

-Miami Heat: I'm not a bandwagoner, I was born their, so don't call me a random fan, because they're one of my teams.

NHL

-Pittsburgh Penguins: See Pirates and Steelers explanation

NCAA Football

-Miami Hurricanes: I was labeled a Canes fan since I was born, it will and always has been " All about the U"!

-Pittsburgh: See other Pittsburgh team explanations

-Boise State Broncos: Fell in love with this team after the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, they have shown that they truly are a force to be reckoned with.

NCAA Basketball

Pittsburgh Panthers: I like them more in basketball than Miami, only because Pitt has been better in basketball in the past.

Miami Hurricanes: Well, their my favorite college team, so I gotta support them, especially since they're doing pretty good as of late.

Arena Football

Georgia Force: Hometown team, I got a Force home jersey for Christmas.

Pittsburgh Power: For the last time, I like all Pittsburgh teams.

International Basketball

-USA: Pretty obvious, considering I'm American.

-France: They're the best team of my ancestral nationalities.

Well those are all the teams I support and the reasons why.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

MLB

St. Louis Cardinals: Grew up watching "The Wizard," Ozzy Smith; Mark McGwire rekindled my interest in baseball and the Cardinals in the late 1990s (I know).

Oakland A's: Jose Canseco (I know, again) and their awesome color scheme.

Colorado Rockies/LA Angels (and Dodgers, to an extent)/Arizona Diamondbacks: Largely proximity for all of them, especially in the case for Arizona. My first-ever major sports game was in 2007 at Coors Field between the Rockies and Giants. Rockies games are also shown in Utah on the local Root Sports (formerly FSN) station, as well. I also made a bet with a guy I worked with (he being a huge Giants fan) on the 2002 World Series, and the Angels were one of the closest teams to southern Utah before Colorado or Arizona came around, as well as the parent club of the AAA Salt Lake Bees. Also, I've had some family with southern California ties.

NFL

Carolina Panthers: I was an "NFL nomad" before 1995 or so, being a fan of Boomer Esiason (even making the Jets my top team when he went there, but didn't when he went to Arizona), and then decided to go with one of the expansion teams and stay with them--the Carolina Panthers were my selection.

Denver Broncos: We had neighbors with Colorado ties when I grew up, and hence my brother is a Broncos fan; I'm about as familiar with the Broncos' goings-on as I am with Panthers' goings-on.

Cleveland Browns*: After The Move (1996) and The Return (1999), I've had a soft spot for Cleveland and the Browns, and just wish that something would go right for them. Browns fans have put up with a lot in the last 15 or so years.

Baltimore Ravens*: I really like the Ravens' old-school defensive-minded playing style; it also helps that they are the Steelers' arch enemies.

*Speaking of The Move, I have no problem with Baltimore having a team; it's just how Baltimore got a team and the absence of the Browns that I had issues with.

Arizona Cardinals: Proximity and depending on their competitiveness. Their Super Bowl run of a few years ago showed that the football Cardinals are capable of competing; they're a rare case of fair-weathered-ness for me.

NBA

Utah Jazz: Hometown team? No. Home state team! The Jazz are well-represented and talked about throughout the state (and even parts of neighboring states). You also had the Stockton-to-Malone era and the team-centered mentality that carries to this day.

San Antonio Spurs: Like the Jazz, they are a largely team-centered organization in a city with little to no other major-league presence. David Robinson and Tim Duncan are another two of my favorite non-Jazz players as well.

Phoenix Suns: Proximity, Charles Barkley (one of my favorite non-Jazz players of all time and a guy you can't help but like), and to an extent, Steve Nash and Grant Hill.

Seattle Supersonics: They aren't back yet, but they should be soon. They'll be the NBA equivalent of the Cleveland Browns for me if/when they do come back.

Oklahoma City Thunder**: Like Utah and San Antonio, they have shown that major pro sports can work just about anywhere if the time and effort is put into building a good team. Kevin Durant is another of my all-time favorite non-Jazz players and is an all-around nice guy.

**Like the Ravens, I don't like how Oklahoma City got its team, but I can't hold it against the Oklahoma fans, as is the case with Baltimore.

NHL

Carolina Hurricanes: They used to be the Whalers! Growing up, hockey was kind of a foreign concept to southern Utahns, and it was hard to remember team names. But one team name I always could remember was the Hartford Whalers. The Hurricanes' overall identity also helps, as I like it for being a great blend between traditional and modern.

Colorado Avalanche: Proximity. I've often heard much about Joe Sakic and, when they got him, Peter Forsburg. It also helps that Ray Bourque finally won the Cup with them. To this day, I refer to a player who leaves his long-time team for a contender in a final hope to win a title as "trying to pull a Ray Bourque." For example, Karl Malone tried to pull a Ray Bourque but didn't (different sport, but equal application).

Dallas Stars: Love the name, colors (for the most part) and those star-patterned (and even before) uniforms. One case of a southern team that's had tremendous success in its history; I hope Gaglardi (or however you spell his name) returns them to competitiveness.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived