Actual Information about Nike in 2012

DeFrank

How about some real concrete information? Oh hey, I've got some...

At a "chalk talk" tonight with Redskins GM Bruce Allen, the Redskins 80th Anniversary was brought up. It was briefly mentioned by the GM that the Redskins will have the words "Team Effort Tradition" on the inside collar of each jersey in coordination with Nike taking over. He said all teams will have their own motto. So, there we go. Thought I'd share...

Discuss.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been doing this with the Pro Combat uniforms so I'm not surprised that it's moving to the NFL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

"Sayonara Suckers" -Rams

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No really though, it should be "Just win baby".

It'll be that, or "Commitment to Excellence".

Anyway, Nike's been doing this for awhile with its soccer shirts, too. The US World Cup shirt from two years ago had "Don't Tread on Me" on the collar, and I know that the new Celtic FC shirts had this on the inside collar:

5762228062_2090476e0c.jpg

I know Celtic and Team USA aren't the only soccer teams to have teams to have quotes or phrases on their collars.

This isn't anything new for Nike by any means, and it's something we should've expected when Nike took over.

spacer.png

How about some real concrete information? Oh hey, I've got some...

At a "chalk talk" tonight with Redskins GM Bruce Allen, the Redskins 80th Anniversary was brought up. It was briefly mentioned by the GM that the Redskins will have the words "Team Effort Tradition" on the inside collar of each jersey in coordination with Nike taking over. He said all teams will have their own motto. So, there we go. Thought I'd share...

Discuss.

And every single "motto" they come up with will be equally as stupid. This is the NFL. That kind of thing is OK on an Oregon jersey. On an NFL jersey it's silly (and I'd imagine a tad embarrassing.) Does this mean that if a Redskins players leaves as a free agent, he didn't really believe in "Team Effort Tradition?"

The players are pretty much mercenaries. Spare us the facade of trying to make it seem like it's anything other than professional football played by professional players who go to the highest bidder.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a single problem with players being mercenaries and selling their services to who will pay them the most. I just don't want Nike and the NFL trying to sell me a concept of "team" that really doesn't exist.

BB52Big.jpg

"This is my goddamn team" - Indianapolis Colts (1)

"Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?" - Indianapolis Colts (2)

"You Play to Win the Game" - New York Jets

"He's fast! Lets draft him" - Oakland Raiders

"Rebuilding since 1964" - Cleveland Browns

"Overpaying for free agents since 1999" - Washington Redskins

"#80 Jerry Rice Steve Largent" - Seattle Seahawks

"http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com" - St Louis Rams

Bears:

"_______ is our quarterback"

With the starter's name written in washable marker.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Falcons- "One playoff win. Please, just one?" or "4th Down? Let's go for it!"

Broncos- Tebow gets a personal one that says "Tebow Time" and the rest of the team gets "Giddy Up"

Dolphins- "We got our annual QB draft pick!"

Jets- "I gurantee we'll win the super bowl!"

Bills- "Circle The Wagons"

Browns- "Helmet Logo?"

Bengals- "Earn your stripes"

Steelers- "Steel City"

Ravens- "Wide Left"

Giants- "SB Champs Bitch!"

49ers- "Gold Digger"

Those were all I could think of. There are obviously some serious and funny ones, but oh well.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Can't wait until this devolves into everyone's agonizingly-horrible attempts at funny / clever slogans.

What?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived