Actual Information about Nike in 2012

DeFrank

If you want my guess for the Jets, as long as Rex is around I think you'll see "Play Like a Jet." All in all, I think this idea's kinda fun and harmless. It's not like anybody's gonna see it once they're on

I'm praying for "Let's Go Eat A Goddamn Snack".

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

Yes, and I'm stunned so many passed up infrared's eloquent post on the matter. I thought the NFL had higher standards.

P.S. most Cowboys fans could give a sh#t about the whole "America's Team" nonsense. I'm on record for wishing that idiocy a painful death.

Oh lord, whether it happens or not, it's just words inside a collar. Big deal.

And I think most are just havin' fun with this. No need to be a Hank Hill about this.

I think it's stupid.....I'll tell you what :P

newsig.jpg

And it would be so awesome if the Browns used Factory of Sadness as their slogan. I want to make a T shirt with that saying on it.

I wanna say they started pumping these out a week after dude's epic YouTube rant.

1321455608-picture_1593.png

That right there is a FANTASTIC shirt. I would definitely buy a Redskins version.

"Field of Failure"?

6uXNWAo.png

And it would be so awesome if the Browns used Factory of Sadness as their slogan. I want to make a T shirt with that saying on it.

I wanna say they started pumping these out a week after dude's epic YouTube rant.

That right there is a FANTASTIC shirt. I would definitely buy a Redskins version.

"Field of Failure"?

FailEx Field

Jacksonville (real) Team Teal / revive the pride / Ready to rise.

Jacksonville ( joke) Yes we are one of 2 pro sports franchises that still use TEAL... Yes we are still living in the 90's it's all we've got!

Actually the Seattle Mariners, and San Jose Sharks still use teal along with the Jaguars.

Yes I didn't forget about the Sharks that's why I said 1 of 2 and I thought the Mariners wear " northwest green" which yes I know is still pretty much teal !

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Jacksonville ( joke) Yes we are one of 2 pro sports franchises that still use TEAL... Yes we are still living in the 90's it's all we've got!

Actually the Seattle Mariners, and San Jose Sharks still use teal along with the Jaguars.

Yes I didn't forget about the Sharks that's why I said 1 of 2 and I thought the Mariners wear " northwest green" which yes I know is still pretty much teal !

It was dumb for teams to add it to their color scheme just because it was trendy (Pistons), but teal is a fine color and should always be worn by expansion teams which established identities in it. It's not "90s" for them, it's just who they are.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

Yes, and I'm stunned so many passed up infrared's eloquent post on the matter. I thought the NFL had higher standards.

P.S. most Cowboys fans could give a sh#t about the whole "America's Team" nonsense. I'm on record for wishing that idiocy a painful death.

I'm hesitant to post here, because most serious posts are going to get lost in the sea of terrible jokes from unfunny members, but here's why I don't think this is a "pointless waste of time" (at least in Nike's and the League's eyes):

Many teams rarely (if ever) change their looks. When was the last time the Raiders made a significant change that made people buy new gear? The Redskins? Chiefs? You get the point. Now, with these ridiculously-stupid mottos inside the collar, these teams can pick a new marketing slogan for each season which will force die-hard collectors or just obsessed fans to purchase new jerseys each season, because they wouldn't be caught dead with "Pride. Passion. Persistence" on the inside of their collar when that was so 2012, and this year's slogan is "One Team One Dream".

It's stupid, but at the same time brilliant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How about some real concrete information? Oh hey, I've got some...

At a "chalk talk" tonight with Redskins GM Bruce Allen, the Redskins 80th Anniversary was brought up. It was briefly mentioned by the GM that the Redskins will have the words "Team Effort Tradition" on the inside collar of each jersey in coordination with Nike taking over. He said all teams will have their own motto. So, there we go. Thought I'd share...

Discuss.

And every single "motto" they come up with will be equally as stupid. This is the NFL. That kind of thing is OK on an Oregon jersey. On an NFL jersey it's silly (and I'd imagine a tad embarrassing.) Does this mean that if a Redskins players leaves as a free agent, he didn't really believe in "Team Effort Tradition?"

The players are pretty much mercenaries. Spare us the facade of trying to make it seem like it's anything other than professional football played by professional players who go to the highest bidder.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a single problem with players being mercenaries and selling their services to who will pay them the most. I just don't want Nike and the NFL trying to sell me a concept of "team" that really doesn't exist.

They're probably more aimed at giving the retail consumer a little 'something extra' for their money. I can't imagine this being a big thing for NFL players at all. It's for the fans, and it's about marketing, not football. It's a way to further 'authenticate' NFL merchandise.

In addition, lighten up. It's nothing but a nice little detail that you can show your buddies when you're flipping through your jersey collection. Harmless. If it makes the players feel more badass, then great. If it makes the people who wear jerseys to games feel more badass, even better, because they actually pay for the jerseys. People like things that they can only see when they own the actual product. Element of discovery = value.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm hesitant to post here, because most serious posts are going to get lost in the sea of terrible jokes from unfunny members, but here's why I don't think this is a "pointless waste of time" (at least in Nike's and the League's eyes):

Many teams rarely (if ever) change their looks. When was the last time the Raiders made a significant change that made people buy new gear? The Redskins? Chiefs? You get the point. Now, with these ridiculously-stupid mottos inside the collar, these teams can pick a new marketing slogan for each season which will force die-hard collectors or just obsessed fans to purchase new jerseys each season, because they wouldn't be caught dead with "Pride. Passion. Persistence" on the inside of their collar when that was so 2012, and this year's slogan is "One Team One Dream".

It's stupid, but at the same time brilliant.

While I certainly agree with you in regard to the marketing aspect, was it really necessary to insult the members of the board? Maybe it's not your kind of humor but it's just several people commenting on a sports logo and uniform forum. We're not curing cancer, here. Lighten up.

Packers: Go Pack Go!

Probably, but I'd prefer the variant "Go! You Packers Go!"

Personally, I'd go with "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!" though I could definitely be happy with "Go! You Packers Go!" But I'd want them to actually start playing it instead of "Bang On The Drum All Day" which is probably the closest thing to a fight song the Packers have nowadays (for better or worse).

Go Pack Go is a fan chant and should only be used on fan apparel.

They should definitely be playing the new cover at Lambeau Field.

I don't want "It's the Only Thing," since Lombardi never actually said that. But I'm convinced that they will, or at least use another of his quotes.

I'd want "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." if they go with a Lombardi-ism.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

"Field of Failure"?

Laboratory of Suck

90758391980.gif

It was dumb for teams to add it to their color scheme just because it was trendy (Pistons), but teal is a fine color and should always be worn by expansion teams which established identities in it. It's not "90s" for them, it's just who they are.

Oh no I tottally agree 100% that's why I'm not very thrilled with move away from teal as the primary color it's the one color that sets us as a city and football team apart from the rest of the NFL. But I also didn't pay 760 million for the team so it is what it is.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived