Actual Information about Nike in 2012

DeFrank

If the Redskins didn't go with "Hail to the Redskins"'or "Fight for Ol' DC", then I'm hesitant to say other teams will automatically go with traditional team mottos.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

does anyone else think this whole concept is really lame? It really seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

Yes, and I'm stunned so many passed up infrared's eloquent post on the matter. I thought the NFL had higher standards.

P.S. most Cowboys fans could give a sh#t about the whole "America's Team" nonsense. I'm on record for wishing that idiocy a painful death.

newsig.jpg

How about some real concrete information? Oh hey, I've got some...

At a "chalk talk" tonight with Redskins GM Bruce Allen, the Redskins 80th Anniversary was brought up. It was briefly mentioned by the GM that the Redskins will have the words "Team Effort Tradition" on the inside collar of each jersey in coordination with Nike taking over. He said all teams will have their own motto. So, there we go. Thought I'd share...

Discuss.

Just want to say thanks. I was a little lost on what to do next, being that this is a discussion board and all.

:P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jacksonville (real) Team Teal / revive the pride / Ready to rise.

Jacksonville ( joke) Yes we are one of 2 pro sports franchises that still use TEAL... Yes we are still living in the 90's it's all we've got!

Actually the Seattle Mariners, and San Jose Sharks still use teal along with the Jaguars.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Indianapolis Colts inside collar

"This is my goddamn team!" - Robert Irsay

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

How about some real concrete information? Oh hey, I've got some...

At a "chalk talk" tonight with Redskins GM Bruce Allen, the Redskins 80th Anniversary was brought up. It was briefly mentioned by the GM that the Redskins will have the words "Team Effort Tradition" on the inside collar of each jersey in coordination with Nike taking over. He said all teams will have their own motto. So, there we go. Thought I'd share...

Discuss.

And every single "motto" they come up with will be equally as stupid. This is the NFL. That kind of thing is OK on an Oregon jersey. On an NFL jersey it's silly (and I'd imagine a tad embarrassing.) Does this mean that if a Redskins players leaves as a free agent, he didn't really believe in "Team Effort Tradition?"

The players are pretty much mercenaries. Spare us the facade of trying to make it seem like it's anything other than professional football played by professional players who go to the highest bidder.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a single problem with players being mercenaries and selling their services to who will pay them the most. I just don't want Nike and the NFL trying to sell me a concept of "team" that really doesn't exist.

Red, you and I usually see eye to eye on most things, but in this instance, I have the urge to say "Lighten up, Frances." No one really expects the players to suddenly feel more strongly about the team because there is a slogan printed inside the collar. However, that doesn't mean this couldn't work well for some teams.

For the Ravens I could see Nevermore

That would work or "Relentless" (2011 slogan -- see below) or "Play Like A Raven" (I'm not sure quite what it means, but it was inspiring enough for Rex to pilfer it when he went to New York).

ravens-relentless-300x224.jpg00366485-630284_catl_287.jpg?k=51312c9e&pid=366485&s=catl&sn=ravens

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If the Redskins didn't go with "Hail to the Redskins"'or "Fight for Ol' DC", then I'm hesitant to say other teams will automatically go with traditional team mottos.

I agree completely. I would have thought one of these two would have been a given for the Redskins. It makes me wonder if teams will just go with random words instead of their traditional team mottos.

I agree completely. I would have thought one of these two would have been a given for the Redskins. It makes me wonder if teams will just go with random words instead of their traditional team mottos.

Yea Allen's explanation was pretty obvious "the Redskins have always been about the team, three Super Bowls, three quarterbacks. Riggo was big, but so was Timmy Smith. Never a big name wideout, always a group". That whole deal.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived