Seattle Seahawks Concept

speedy

I know, I know, gradients. Deal with it. I tried to make a modern yet not overly outrageous design. Something that you can tell is Nike without exactly being Nike, y'know?

I stuck with the monochrome because it seems to be Seattle's shtick - and it ain't too bad. Originally I had denim helmets and pants, but it just didn't look right. Now it kind of bothers me that's there really no denim anywhere but the helmet and numbers, but it really looks muddled when put against the green. On the color is the aft mentioned feather trim, I'm sure it will look nothing like this, but I thought it'd be nice to have a unique design there instead of the original Pro Combat collar. Not much else to say, the concept sums it up for me.

seahawks.png

Do you like it, do you hate it? Let me know!

I like this A LOT! That pants stripe is perfect, and love that cloudy blue alt. You mixed neon perfectly in the uniforms, which is something not many people do correctly. EXCELLENT JOB!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Typically I hate gradients, but for this concept I love the gradient striping especially on the dark blue unis the way the green fades into the color of the jersey and pants. Not feeling the gradients in the numbers though...overall I like this concept a lot...Great Work!

Now THIS is how you do a concept. Great attention to detail. I agree, the gradient just needs to fit SEAHAWKS into it. Other than that, this is very cool and definitely looks like something Nike would do, yet its unique--in a great way. I'm not sold on the alternate jersey though. I'd give green a try there.

The Seahawks script onthe pants fading into the blue was actually intentional, but based on the feedback, not a very good idea. I'll change that.

I had originally used a green alternate, but because of how poorly the real one was received I ditched it. I'll have one in the update.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! I'll get around to posting an update soon.

Considering the reality that the cuffs will most likely be lost if worn in a real game, have you thought about using the gradient on the whole sleeve? Green cuff blending into the blue shoulder? Also i get what you're trying to do with the pants stripe and i like it. Kinda reminds me of visibility under heavy fog and how some things disappear from sight. Really solid concept though. Oh and is that by any chance an altered version of the texans number font?

Considering the reality that the cuffs will most likely be lost if worn in a real game, have you thought about using the gradient on the whole sleeve? Green cuff blending into the blue shoulder? Also i get what you're trying to do with the pants stripe and i like it. Kinda reminds me of visibility under heavy fog and how some things disappear from sight. Really solid concept though. Oh and is that by any chance an altered version of the texans number font?

Bingo.

As for the gradient on the whole sleeve, I tried that and it looks like overkill. I'll post a version though.

So I fixed the problems people had with the first go'round and added the gradients to the sleeve, upgrade or downgrade?

Also switched out the denim alternate for the green, it would probably look like crap on-field, but on a computer screen I can deal with it.

Untitled-13.png

i like it, but i was thinking more of from the bottom of the sleeve up, and the new one seems more like its going outwards, if that makes sense. and as much as i love the lime green, i was a fan of the original alt and i think i preferthat one, looking good tough!

For a team with such a great repertoire of uniform styles, such stripes based of the logo, totem pole patterns, or even their current one, you chose the word "seahawks" as the main design element besides gradients? Eh.

Simple and streamlined. IMO the trend of sublimating patterns on a jersey is a bit useless, you can't see them from a distance and it really adds nothing to the design, I think it actually takes away from it (i.e. college basketball). This is simply a continuation of their uniform tailored to a Pro Combat. With the way sleeves are being reduced and reduced and reduced, it almost makes no sense to have a concrete pattern on the sleeves, like the Seahawk for example. I did enjoy your brash C&C though, thanks a bunch.

While I personally want to see the Seahawks bring back the seahawk stripes, just looking at this as "would it work for today's Seahawks?" I think you did a good job. The lime green gradients and slightly-gradiented (def. not a real word) numbers (which I love) really work. And the new sleeves look good.

My two complaints:

Five "Seahawks" wordmarks is a little overkill. I would keep the one on the chest and get rid of the rest. Wordmarks incorporated into designs are a little gimmicky.

If you're going to essentially eliminate the lighter blue from the uniforms, I would make the bottom part of the logo green. And if you want to keep a little lighter blue (since it's a part of the number gradient) you could make the eye blue.

Archived