Fenway Park 100 Year Patch (logo)

UncleJunior

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who sees this and is convinced even more that the Red Socks need to make green their primary color. It would fit more with deeply Irish Boston. They could still use red as a secondary color since they are called the Red Sox.

Yes. Make green the primary color of the Red Sox. Perfect idea.

No. No no no no no no no no no. Red primary, and navy secondary. Forever. Everything else is inferior.

~~~~

It's going on the right sleeve of the jerseys and other tops.

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

25 years ago, the Red Sox wore the anniversary patches on the left sleeve.

!B47VUn!!2k~$(KGrHqV,!hkEyr8l5fVyBMro8L3QRw~~_3.JPG

88donruss276(2).jpg

I think that's because of the hanging sox patch on the left sleeve of the road.

I'd like to see the logo placed somewhere on the hat.

spacer.png

Am I the only one who sees this and is convinced even more that the Red Socks need to make green their primary color. It would fit more with deeply Irish Boston. They could still use red as a secondary color since they are called the Red Sox.

Agreed 110%. They look so good in Green and Red, not to mention it would be unique in MLB. I know it's been beaten to death, but there really is way to much Red and Blue in MLB. Not to mention the Green goes well with Boston's Irish heritage. Besides, enough fans at Fenway already wear the Green and Red, couldn't be that big an adjustment.

green+sox+1177124345_5918.jpg

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

Anubis.png

Agreed 110%. They look so good in Green and Red, not to mention it would be unique in MLB. I know it's been beaten to death, but there really is way to much Red and Blue in MLB. Not to mention the Green goes well with Boston's Irish heritage. Besides, enough fans at Fenway already wear the Green and Red, couldn't be that big an adjustment.

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

Make the numbers and scripts red with a white outline on those jerseys, and then there'd be perfection. Red Sox in red and green is the way to go in my opinion.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

*vomits in mouth upon seeing the worst Red Sox jersey in history*

Yes, blue and red have been done to death. But the Red Sox have been doing it just about the longest. Their caps have always been blue (except for that time in the 1970s which we Red Sox fans don't like to talk about). Except for a two relatively short stints, their road uniform has always had primarily navy script.

No, not enough fans wear green and red. More fans wear navy apparel or red apparel.

So, by the "green goes well with Boston's Irish heritage" logic, the Dodgers and Angels should change to the color scheme of the Mexican flag. And the Heat should add huge blue stripes from the Cuban flag. And the Brewers should change their entire color scheme to black-red-yellow. After all, it's the city's heritage!

spacer.png

the sox in anything but red and navy is disgusting to me. for st. patty's day? sure, go for it. full time? you people need to put down the crack pipe.

And the thing is, there would be riots in the streets of Boston if they ever went to green and red. Hell, if they ever went away from red and navy.

Most of the people advocating for the "green and red sox" aren't even fans of the team.

It should be noted here that the Red Sox current ownership has no desire to switch away from the red and navy.

spacer.png

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

Yes, blue and red have been done to death. But the Red Sox have been doing it just about the longest. Their caps have always been blue (except for that time in the 1970s which we Red Sox fans don't like to talk about). Except for a two relatively short stints, their road uniform has always had primarily navy script.

No, not enough fans wear green and red. More fans wear navy apparel or red apparel.

So, by the "green goes well with Boston's Irish heritage" logic, the Dodgers and Angels should change to the color scheme of the Mexican flag. And the Heat should add huge blue stripes from the Cuban flag. And the Brewers should change their entire color scheme to black-red-yellow. After all, it's the city's heritage!

I have to admit, we probably wouldn't be discussing this if the Red Sox had never worn those green uniforms in a game. However, they obviously did, and now when I think of teams that have the best possibility of introducing more green into a their color scheme, the Red Sox and Rays come to mind. The Red Sox have the Green Monster, a city that has the Boston Celtics, and a city that's known for their rich Irish population, I can't help but think that it's a match made in heaven. Sure it would look Christmas-sy, but damn would it look good on a cold night in Boston against the Yankees. That's just my 2 cents.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

I have to admit, we probably wouldn't be discussing this if the Red Sox had never worn those green uniforms in a game. However, they obviously did, and now when I think of teams that have the best possibility of introducing more green into a their color scheme, the Red Sox and Rays come to mind. The Red Sox have the Green Monster, a city that has the Boston Celtics, and a city that's known for their rich Irish population, I can't help but think that it's a match made in heaven. Sure it would look Christmas-sy, but damn would it look good on a cold night in Boston against the Yankees. That's just my 2 cents.

San Francisco has the Warriors. Do you want to see the Giants trotting out in blue and yellow any time soon?

Boston has the Bruins too. They should adopt more black and gold into their color scheme.

Hey, Houston has the Texans. Let's add more red white and blue to the Astros uniforms.

And let's add green and yellow to the Raiders uniforms. After all, Oakland also has the As. For now, at least.

As a Pittsburgh sports fan, all of your teams have identical or near-identical color schemes. It doesn't work in other cities.

And the Irish culture thing doesn't work either. Like I said, the Dodgers adopting the colors of the Mexican flag just because a decent portion of Mexicans live in Los Angeles isn't a good idea.

I'm sorry if I come off like a dick through this, but green and red Red Sox ideas should stay in the concept subforum and off of the diamond. I feel very strongly about this. The Red Sox have a perfect look now that they've gone back to navy lettering on the road uniform. No need to screw it up with green, uniqueness be damned.

spacer.png

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

San Francisco has the Warriors. Do you want to see the Giants trotting out in blue and yellow any time soon?

Boston has the Bruins too. They should adopt more black and gold into their color scheme.

Hey, Houston has the Texans. Let's add more red white and blue to the Astros uniforms.

And let's add green and yellow to the Raiders uniforms. After all, Oakland also has the As. For now, at least.

As a Pittsburgh sports fan, all of your teams have identical or near-identical color schemes. It doesn't work in other cities.

And the Irish culture thing doesn't work either. Like I said, the Dodgers adopting the colors of the Mexican flag just because a decent portion of Mexicans live in Los Angeles isn't a good idea.

I'm sorry if I come off like a dick through this, but green and red Red Sox ideas should stay in the concept subforum and off of the diamond. I feel very strongly about this. The Red Sox have a perfect look now that they've gone back to navy lettering on the road uniform. No need to screw it up with green, uniqueness be damned.

Hey, I totally understand why you feel that way. You could imagine my frustration when the Pirates re-introduced red into their color scheme for no reason what-so-ever:

458314433_d02bb49fac_o.jpg

Blehhhh. Even though I was like 6 years old at the time, the Penguins going to vegas gold in 2001 for no reason was a disaster IMO. So anyways, at least the Red Sox have been a predominantly red and navy team throughout their history and have a perfectly logical reason to be so. It's those expansion teams that choose red and blue as their color scheme that really get my sports-logo temper boiling(I'm looking at you Angels, Rangers, and Nationals).

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

SoxGreen.jpg

1111440179_14491.jpg

Hey, I totally understand why you feel that way. You could imagine my frustration when the Pirates re-introduced red into their color scheme for no reason what-so-ever:

458314433_d02bb49fac_o.jpg

Blehhhh. Even though I was like 6 years old at the time, the Penguins going to vegas gold in 2001 for no reason was a disaster IMO. So anyways, at least the Red Sox have been a predominantly red and navy team throughout their history and have a perfectly logical reason to be so. It's those expansion teams that choose red and blue as their color scheme that really get my sports-logo temper boiling(I'm looking at you Angels, Rangers, and Nationals).

I'm glad you understand. I didn't want this to turn into a multi-page argument. *Extends hand* Agree to disagree?

I'd think the Ranges would be much better off going with a more "Stars-esque" color scheme, the Angels going exclusively red (basically eliminating all the unnecessary blue). I get why the Nationals would want red white and blue (national capital, national colors and all that) but red and gold or blue and gold would look phenomenal for them.

Anyway, enough about this. Back to the logo.

spacer.png

Wait, so are they not going to have a patch on the hat at all, or any special hat?

Damn it, I lost my regular "B" hat a few months ago and decided I would wait until the beginning of this season to get a new one cause I figured there would be something special.

Very disappointing.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Archived