New USA Basketball logo

illini1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it would be nice if people would READ the posts.

IMO this logo is a lateral move, the logo itself is better but reads as soccer to me. My favorite logo is the ball-star logo.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

This is random and might be crazy, but is LeBron allowed to wear #6? I swear I remember hearing players couldn't use their NBA numbers.

They can in some cases, The rule is that only numbers 1-15 can be used.

Actually I think it's 4-15, I think it's due to refs signaling numbers.

He first wore #6 while he was still with Cleveland. And John Stockton wore #12 during the Olympics too.

He never wore #6 with Cleveland. He requested the change for the next year while still with Cleveland, but then he went to Miami, then he changed it.

He meant that he wore #6 in the Olympics while playing for the Cavs.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Melo wore 15 in the last Olympics, the number he was wearing at the time with the Nuggets. I wonder if he'll stay with that or try to get 7.

It's also fair to note that the white star on blue is a major part of our flag, and they're simply not going to plug 50 of those on this thing. The star is a very common symbol for America, and it's completely reasonable to simplify it to one star as a reference but not direct replica of our flag.

The logo has oficially been unveiled

new_usab_logo_300.jpg

What the uniforms should have been modeled after. Nike biffed it, bigtime.

Totally agree. Not sure why the difference in wordmarks between logo and chest treatment. Doesn't work at all.

Well the in the Scottie Pippen foto earlier in the thread the wordmarks didn't match either in fact almost all the wordmarks differed from uniform to crest.......

I like the wordmark in that logo, but I'm not sure why the white line is just a bit below center. Seems like it should be bumped up a smidge. Lack of attention to details...

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the wordmark in that logo, but I'm not sure why the white line is just a bit below center. Seems like it should be bumped up a smidge. Lack of attention to details...

Or down a smidge. I think it should run along the top of the strike through the "A".

Or down a smidge. I think it should run along the top of the strike through the "A".

It might create a strange negative area with the lower counter of the S, decreasing the apparent uniformity of the line's thickness.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived