Sports Monikers Book

ldswoosh33

Does anyone know of a book about the history of Sports Nicknames. I remember a book like 10 years ago in my high school library that carried a book with something like the history of sports teams names. Thanks

There are two by Mike Lessiter,The Names of the Games (pro teams) and The College Names of the Games (for naturally, college). The books also included info such as team colors, mailing addresses, year founded, arena/stadium info, etc.

Published in 1988 and 1989 respectively, both are rather dated; the pro version moreso than the College version

It is what it is.

Does anyone know of a book about the history of Sports Nicknames. I remember a book like 10 years ago in my high school library that carried a book with something like the history of sports teams names. Thanks

There are two by Mike Lessiter,The Names of the Games (pro teams) and The College Names of the Games (for naturally, college). The books also included info such as team colors, mailing addresses, year founded, arena/stadium info, etc.

Published in 1988 and 1989 respectively, both are rather dated; the pro version moreso than the College version

Great. This is it. Thanks it was bugging me that I could not remember the title.

That does work too. But my main thing was those books. And he hit the nail on the head with those ones.

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

Archived