dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

I actually liked the navy alternate. My only problem with it was the fact it didn't use the Jays main logo on the side. Also, can i see a white and navy cap for the Jays?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit Tigers

For the Tigers, I wanted to use only one D logo, so I chose their jersey one. The home alt is orange, and the road alt is blue. I added sleeve piping on all four jerseys to make them less plain.

DET.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Good work. The jerseys need a front number, but that's about it. I honestly don't understand why they've never used orange a lot, because the orange alt and the orange script on the alts look great.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

more orange on the home and road????

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I like the home alternate, but I would try to make an alternate cap with an orange 'D' for the road set. As it is, the cap looks really out of place with the road alternate.

So an orange D like what they have on the road now?

spacer.png

I like the home alternate, but I would try to make an alternate cap with an orange 'D' for the road set. As it is, the cap looks really out of place with the road alternate.

So an orange D like what they have on the road now?

Yes and use that as the road cap. The set would be perfect if you did that.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Chicago White Sox

For the White Sox, all I changed was the outline on the SOX script. It's no longer there. I also added their primary sock logo to the road/alt 2 sleeves. Finally, the home alt. is based on the throwback they wore in 2006(?).

CHW.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

more orange on the home and road????

The Tigers home unis have never had orange, not even in the MLB logo in the back. They're about as untouchable as the Yankees home.

I didn't know that. Thank you. As for the Sox,these look great, but I'm not digging the home alt in those colours.

Chicago White Sox

For the White Sox, all I changed was the outline on the SOX script. It's no longer there. I also added their primary sock logo to the road/alt 2 sleeves. Finally, the home alt. is based on the throwback they wore in 2006(?).

CHW.png

C&C Appreciated!

I believe the throwback is from 07 seeing that they wore the 1906 throwbacks in '06

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Cleveland Indians

While the color schemes I selected for the Indians has varied a lot, I went back to the favorite red and brown. While it is similar to others on the boards, I feel my concept is a definite upgrade over the current set. (The striping is a stripe with diamonds inside it, and the home is cream.)

CLE.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Haven't given any comments on this series in a while. Here's what I think.

Padres: I've never liked their current scripts, but I guess they'll have to do. For the sake of consistency, though, make the San Diego script yellow with a white outline on the brown jersey. It makes for better contrast, is consistent in the sense that the piping matches the script color on every jersey, and a white script wouldn't look great with grey pants.

Diamondbacks: Still not sure how I feel about the fanged-A logo recolored on a brick cap, but overall the set is solid.

Rockies: I've never liked the current scripts, but this would definitely be an upgrade over what they have. Use the solid purple caps with the home and roads, because, I don't know why, but in general solid hats look much better with pinstripes than two-tones. Also, if you want a black jersey, you'll probably need a black hat and black socks. Honestly, I just wouldn't bother with a black jersey. Emphasize purple for the Rox.

(EDIT: I didn't see your update of the Rockies. This C&C was on the original. Well I much prefer the purple belts and caps, as well as the front numbers. I think that getting rid of the vests, however, is an upgrade.

Yankees: Looks great. Nice and simple, I like it.

Red Sox: Not much to say about scarlet and kelly green Red Sox clown suits. The only way dumping navy and adding green would work for the Sox would be to directly swap out all navy blue for a dark green, much like the A's shade. If you want the Red Sox to look different from other navy blue and red teams, the smart way is to keep the current home jersey, with navy belts and red caps with blue brims and B logos. Creating a similar road and red home alt would complete the set. Just a suggestion. But, even though I attempted one myself, I just can't take green and red BoSox concepts seriously.

Rays: Amazing. Would immediately give Tampa one of the top looks in the league. One of my favorite concepts ever on these boards. Bravo.

Blue Jays: Their current set is near perfect IMO. Putting the uniform number instead of the bird and adding a navy jersey are lateral movements.

Orioles: Great. I much preferred the logo in the first go around, however. The new one, I am not a fan of.

Tigers: Near perfect set. My only change would be to use the cap with the orange D for all jerseys other than the primary home. (Or you could try white D with an orange brim.)

White Sox: Another great looking set. I love that throwback alternate.

Indians: I've tried many cap logos for the Indians with the block C and a feather, and honestly, I think the two styles clash. The block C is too simple for the complicated feather logo. I also think that brown caps would look much better. Red and brown alternate should be switched IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Kansas City Royals

I wanted to keep the Royals as clean and simple as possible, which is the reason for no placket piping. There is no outline on the away; that makes it feel cleaner as well. The home alt is similar to the powder ones they used to wear, but with inverted scripts for consistency with the cap logo.

KC.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

I really like this set (especially the primary log), but I agree that the alt cap should go. I think if you reversed the colours it could work, but you may be best off going with the all-royal.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived