dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

Miami Marlins

I like the direction the Marlins went with the scripts and stuff, but they never should have left teal and black. Orange and teal is already used in the city by the Dolphins, and the abstract colors don't seem to fit well in a classic league. Also, the new fish looks odd to me. It would seem a little cluttered to have the shooting arrows coming from the M, but I left it on the primary logo. The logos for this team are a little flat to me, especially the primary. I'm not sure what kind of fish to add, if any. Some of the script/number colorings may change or become inverted based on how they appear. One more thing, I'm strongly considering adding plain white pants for the home alt. If you read this far, you deserve a high five.

MARLINSLOGOS.png

MARLINSFINAL.png

Braves might come this weekend.

C&C Welcome!

spacer.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Not a fan of pinstripes for the Marlins. I would go plain white.

2. A front number could look good. Maybe worth trying.

3. The piping on the road uniform doesn't match. If you're going with black piping on the pants, make it black on the sleeves as well. For the black jersey, you can go with either no piping (in theory it would be black) or make it white, to stay consistent of outline color being the piping color.

Nice work though.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I've got the Braves done, but I'm definately going to hold off for at least a couple of days for some more C&C (since the Marlins were posted last night, and I'm probably one of two people on the boards who has school off today). After that, I'll start posting updates when I finish them.

The next division will probably be the NL West, so stay tuned!

spacer.png

Phillies: I love every uniform, but that road jersey is simply fantastic. I've never thought about the Phillies going with pinstripes on the road, but wow do they look fantastic! I'd get rid of the sleeve patch though. It looks out of place on all 4 jerseys. Other than that nitpick, these are perfect. Nice job!

Mets: I actually really like the road script. The home script is very small however. There's really not much else you can do other than spread it out a little since "Mets" is such a small word. I love the primary logo though. It looks much better with that script IMO since you can see the city and the bridge so much clearer and it's not as cluttered.

Nationals: Props on bringing back the interlocking "DC" as that is my favorite Nationals logo/wordmark. The home script looks great and the road uniform is nice, but the road alternate could really benifit by making the wordmark red-outlined in white. There's too much blue in that one jersey and it makes it seem out of place when viewing the set as a whole.

Marlins: Fox pretty much summed up the problems with this set. The road piping is mis-matched, but I have to say that the teal pinstripes/hat combo for the home set looks very clean. It's funny how every concept thus far that has recolored the Marlins' new scripts with the old colors look 1000x better than the real ones. Miami really dropped the ball on that one.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Atlanta Braves

The Braves have a very classic but modernized uniform set, but I think of them as one of the unnecessary r-w-b teams. There are plenty of combinations that would work for the Braves, but I decided to keep tradition by maintaining the red in their color scheme. The primary logo and sleeve patch is one of the alternate logos introduced this year, which I think looks pretty cool. The uniforms are basically recolored versions of the current set, except I removed this alt. When I first saw it, I wondered when the Miami Heat joined the MLB. So, it was replaced with black.

Here we go. This is my proudest work so far.

BRAVESLOGOS.png

BRAVESFINAL.png

Philadelphia Phillies Update #1

Nothing too different here. Bigger numbers, names, cleaner powder script, powder pants piping, and now I might have figured out how to make it look like there isn't placket piping. Oh, and I swapped out the liberty bell on the primary for the Phillies script, so it should be more easily attributed to that club.

PHILLIESLOGOS-1.png

PHILLIESFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

The Phillies look much better. My two minor issues are the blue button on the red cap (I know they do that now, but it's unnecessary and looks really out of place) and the fact that the powder blue alt should have sleeve piping to match the pants. The primary logo is an upgrade, and so is fixing the thick faux plackett piping.

I've always thought that the Braves looked sharp in red and black in concepts, even without the colour game aspect in mind. Their blue alt is horrendous IMO, and the black one you made looks much better - not because of the colour, but because of the lack of the ridiculous phantom numbers and script. It seems that you forgot to put the sleeve patch on the front view of the black alt though. Goof job.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think you've nailed the Phillies this time.

As for the Braves, there are some problems with mismatched piping on the alternates. The reason I hate a red alternate for the Braves is that you can't have a white tomahawk, so it must be blue (black in this case.) So the script must match, and so must the piping pattern, to be white-black-white. This pattern paired with black-red-black on the pants looks awful. This is a problem that's pretty hard to get around. I suggest either fully dumping the red alternate, or trying something different like the tomahawk A on the chest maybe.

On the black alternate, you need to invert the piping. It should be white-red-white to match the script.

Nice work again.

First of all, these are hopefully my updated and finalized color schemes:

EDIT: updated color schemes are moved to the first post.

New York Mets -- Update 1

I added piping on the sleeves, enlarged the home scripts, removed the orange road option, added a blue billed hat, and made the basic stuff bigger.

METSLOGOS-1.png

METSFINAL-1.png

spacer.png

Washington Nationals -- Update 1

Updated the Nationals. Bigger stuff (again), double placket piping to match the sleeves and pants. I put both hats on there as options for each uniform set just to give players the option. This one isn't too different, but there might be something I missed. If there is, please tell me, as I would like these to be as best as they can.

NATIONALSLOGOS-1.png

I realize that the two hats don't neccessarily go with all uniform combinations, I just wanted to show that they were options.

NATIONALSFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

The Mets look better, but the NOB and numbers are still a bit too small. Personally, I'd make one alt for home and one for the road (with the "NEW YORK" script on the road), but that's more of a personal preference than something that would improve the concept.

The Nats are a downgrade IMO. The double plackett piping really obscures the scripts.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Miami Marlins -- Update 1

Looking back on the original, the Marlins concept was a discolored mess. The pipings, numbers, outlines, NOBs, and wordmarks were inconsistently matched. I put the Marlin back on the M. I'm not a real big fan of it, but it gives the Marlins their own identity in the logos and hats. It distinguishes them from other "M" teams in the league. I also removed the pinstripes on the home and went with solid white.

MARLINSLOGOS-1.png

MARLINSFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Miami: You nailed it on the update

New York: Same.

Washington: Double placket piping makes scripts hard to read. Stay with red hat at home and blue on the road. Go with no placket piping. Otherwise, they look nice.

With these three updates, I think the NL East is complete!

BRAVESLOGOS-1.png

BRAVESFINAL-1.png

PHILLIESLOGOS-1.png

PHILLIESFINAL-2.png

NATIONALSLOGOS-1.png

NATIONALSFINAL-2.png

I'm hoping to have one NL West team done this week, maybe two. Spring Break is next week ( :D ), but I won't have any time to work on concepts ( :mad: ) because I will be in Arizona with my baseball team ( :D ). So, this series will have to slow down a lot.

spacer.png

Very, very good concepts. I hate to be nit picky with the Braves alternate, but I have a few more ideas:

1. One thing that you could try is ditching the idea of the tomahawk A on the chest, and instead go with what is basically the Braves new cream alternate but with black in place of blue.

2. You could try a red alternate with just the A with an outline. (No tomahawk) Make the A white with a black outline. Make the piping black-white-black. While the second white alt is nice, this could be worth trying and could finally give the braves a good-looking red jersey. You could put uniforms numbers on the left, too, if you wanted. If you did, I would suggest making those white as well.

Very, very good concepts. I hate to be nit picky with the Braves alternate, but I have a few more ideas:

1. One thing that you could try is ditching the idea of the tomahawk A on the chest, and instead go with what is basically the Braves new cream alternate but with black in place of blue.

2. You could try a red alternate with just the A with an outline. (No tomahawk) Make the A white with a black outline. Make the piping black-white-black. While the second white alt is nice, this could be worth trying and could finally give the braves a good-looking red jersey. You could put uniforms numbers on the left, too, if you wanted. If you did, I would suggest making those white as well.

I think I'll release your two suggestions and my tomahawk one. They all sound like they would look pretty cool though.

spacer.png

Archived