dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

Baltimore Orioles

Here's what I changed:

-black to brown

-no more front panel on the home cap. It makes them look like a softball team.

-made a primary logo based on one of their Maryland flag ones with the new bird logo inside it.

BAL.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That primary logo is atrocious. There are way too many colors, and none of them really complement each other well. In one logo, you have red, yellow, black, white, orange, and brown...That, and the fact that the design is way too complex to be able to include the bird head makes it an eyesore to look at.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Tampa Bay Rays

This set combines three eras: the new name, the old green with powder blue, and the even older wordmarks (a modified version). The primary is the same as the current but with new colors and the new Rays script. The cap logo is based on the '99 one, but with the actual TB that is used on the jerseys. That's all I got for the Rays.

TB.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Very cool, but it needs a devil ray in the logo.

Again, this. Also, I'd rotate the scripts so that they're at not as much of an angle, especially the "Rays" one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Very cool, but it needs a devil ray in the logo.

Again, this. Also, I'd rotate the scripts so that they're at not as much of an angle, especially the "Rays" one.

I don't think a devil ray would be good, seeing as they are the Rays not the Devil Rays.

(Whoopdie do. 100 posts.)

spacer.png

Toronto Blue Jays

Here we go. The last team in the AL East. I think the only things different are the front number in place of the bird, and the additions of the primary on the sleeves and the road alt. That one's a bit shaky, but it's all right.

TOR.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

The Yankees, BoSox, and Orioles updates are all much better (that alt Baltimore logo is great). However, I'm just not feeling the Blue Jays. The logo on the front looks much better in the place of a number, and considering it's used only sparingly on the logo, a navy alt is unnecessary. There should also be white inbetween the blue stripes on the grey to make it "pop" more. You're better off combining different eras/trying something new than tweaking something that ain't broke.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree with Bubba about the Blue Jays. You're better off making a Canada Day jersey in my opinion. The Orioles are marvelous, but I think you need to fix the one problem with the bird, and that is making the beak connect all the way. Overall though, this is a great series.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Rays: Love it. I made a Rays concept a few months ago that was very similar (same color scheme, slanted scripts), so I'm all for your changes.

Jays: I like the changes. I actually like the numbers on the front instead of the logo, and the sleeve patch looks nice. I'm with the others on the navy alt though. The royal blue jersey would work at home and on the road IMO.

The Yankees, BoSox, and Orioles updates are all much better (that alt Baltimore logo is great). However, I'm just not feeling the Blue Jays. The logo on the front looks much better in the place of a number, and considering it's used only sparingly on the logo, a navy alt is unnecessary. There should also be white inbetween the blue stripes on the grey to make it "pop" more. You're better off combining different eras/trying something new than tweaking something that ain't broke.

+1

The final updates of the AL East are here.

Tampa Bay Rays

The only thing I did was rotate the script. I wasn't going to add a devil ray. They are the Rays, not the Devil Rays. They didn't have any success under that name anyway, so there's no point in trying to fit it with the set.

TB--update1.png

Toronto Blue Jays

I left the numbers on the front. I really didn't want the nice looking primary to go to waste, but I also didn't want three occurances of the bird logo on a single jersey. The number style is also a nod to the world series teams.

TOR--update1.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Archived