I present to you the tackiest baseball stadium

BadSeed84

The Marlinnns new stadium! (not my page), also I know theres prob some 200 page marlins thread somewhere, but cmon the stadium is basically done!

http://www.stadiumpage.com/construction/MarlinsPark_201200302.html

Gotta love how they have a sign that says BULLPEN with a down arrow, guess miami fans aren't too bright in their eyes lmao. (editL its its just for fanfest, than I guess its not too bad)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Marlinnns new stadium! (not my page), also I know theres prob some 200 page marlins thread somewhere, but cmon the stadium is basically done!

Gotta love how they have a sign that says BULLPEN with a down arrow, guess miami fans aren't too bright in their eyes lmao.

The signs are only there for Fan Fest so people will know which one is which.....

Call me crazy, but that looks like a really nice ballpark. The outfield walls look kind of odd being all green; maybe when they put ads up it'll look more normal.

On a side note, does anyone know if they have the banners/pennants up? I know an image was posted with "1997/2003 World Series Champs" underneath the new logo, but are they gonna use that in the real stadium, or was that image just to show the franchise won those 2 titles (i.e. it was just for marketing - you wouldn't use the old logo for that)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Ok if the signs are just for fanfest, thats ok lol

Still that green is odd lookin and their home run fetaure looks like a 3rd grader designed it.

The aquarium...the only cool part is that its see through. I'll laugh if it ever leaks.

Gotta love how they have a sign that says BULLPEN with a down arrow, guess miami fans aren't too bright in their eyes lmao. (editL its its just for fanfest, than I guess its not too bad)

I love the new stadium

Still that green is odd lookin and their home run fetaure looks like a 3rd grader designed it.

The aquarium...the only cool part is that its see through. I'll laugh if it ever leaks.

That glass is probably at least a foot thick or more and it's probably reinforced. I don't think there's anyone in the majors who can throw something hard enough to spring a leak.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bulletproof glass.

I like the stadium. I love retro parks, but they would not look right in Miami. This one fits very well. I actually like how the bright green goes with the blue seats, but I'm a little skeptical on how their predominantly black and orange uniforms will go with the stadium color scheme. I hated the home run display when viewing the illustration, but the actual display, when shown to be "layers" in front and all the animals looking as they do, is not nearly as bad as first thought. Though I think it should only come up during homeruns and not be permentantly up. It just seems to be too close to the batter's eye that it would be a distraction.

That green on the walls looks like Tv green screen... Are they planning on having CGI ads all the way around all the time and not just the backstop like espn does.

That's a horrifying idea.

That wall color is hideous, and the fixture in center field looks every bit as awful in real life as it did in the preliminary sketches, but otherwise, that's a pretty nice looking park. The aquarium in the backstop is genius. We have enough boring brick backstops in MLB.

Jeff's World: a monument to all that is stereotypical Miami.

And that's bad? You think they should have built a ballpark that looks like Fenway Park or Rangers Ballpark?

Bulletproof glass.

I like the stadium. I love retro parks, but they would not look right in Miami. This one fits very well. I actually like how the bright green goes with the blue seats, but I'm a little skeptical on how their predominantly black and orange uniforms will go with the stadium color scheme. I hated the home run display when viewing the illustration, but the actual display, when shown to be "layers" in front and all the animals looking as they do, is not nearly as bad as first thought. Though I think it should only come up during homeruns and not be permentantly up. It just seems to be too close to the batter's eye that it would be a distraction.

Ditto this.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That green on the walls looks like Tv green screen... Are they planning on having CGI ads all the way around all the time and not just the backstop like espn does.

That wall color is hideous, and the fixture in center field looks every bit as awful in real life as it did in the preliminary sketches, but otherwise, that's a pretty nice looking park. The aquarium in the backstop is genius. We have enough boring brick backstops in MLB.

This pretty much exactly surmises my view on the place.

Would just like to add that it's ironic they used play in a park with orange walls when they wore teal, they now wear black and orange and play in a park that's seemingly going to have green walls, hmmm.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

This pretty much exactly surmises my view on the place.

Would just like to add that it's ironic they used play in a park with orange walls when they wore teal, they now wear black and orange and play in a park that's seemingly going to have green walls, hmmm.

orange seats*

where is the aquarium? Behind home plate? I think it looks pretty nice. Except for the HR thing in CF.

That glass is probably at least a foot thick or more and it's probably reinforced. I don't think there's anyone in the majors who can throw something hard enough to spring a leak.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived