Your teams worst all- time look?

UnclearInitial

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston Bruins:

p1_113005_thornton_getty.jpg

I still think these jerseys were quite nice; I've never understood the hate for them.

The logo is pretty bad and the jerseys are such a huge departure from what their classic look and they look really minor-league. Not to mention these uniforms were associated with losing seasons, leaving the Garden, etc. However, I wouldn't mind if Providence or the Kingston Frontenacs wore these.

Boston Red Sox:

New+York+Yankees+v+Boston+Red+Sox+F-WPlDIx0Ojl.jpg

New England Patriots:

tumblr_leukdyoSA21qde76co1_250.jpg

Boston Bruins:

Boston Celtics:

kevin-garnett-injury-update.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays:

roy-halladay.jpg

How can you be a Red Sox fan and Blue Jays fan? I mean, its understandable if teams play in two different conferences or something, but these guys are in the same division.

Boston Bruins:

I still think these jerseys were quite nice; I've never understood the hate for them.

I'm sure we've had this debate before, but here's my take.

These jerseys signify such a bad era of Bruins hockey. Not only did they usher in the end of the old Garden, but also brought on lackluster play. 1995-2007 were possibly the darkest days of the Boston Bruins, and these uniforms are synonymous with that. The playoff streak ended, they had to trade Bourque for him to even sniff the cup, only 2 division titles (losing both QF to the Habs), the goaltending carousel, I can go on and on, but I'll spare you.

On the aesthetics side, these don't take anything about the Bruins history into consideration. The classic Bruins stripe is gone (still on the sleeve however). The sleeve length stripe just doesn't work for an O6 team (i.e. Toronto & New York). The hem stripes make absolutely zero sense when looking at the rest of the jersey, and the road jersey was even worse - those large white stripes were so garish.

Don't even get me started on the bear. Why is it brown when you're not using brown anywhere else? Granted the bear it replaced wasn't fantastic but at least it had some kind of character, this one seemed so drab. The spoked B that came along wasn't bad at all, though it's been significantly improved upon with the current set.

The new Edge uniform came at the perfect time, they're synonymous with the current success of the team. Every Bruins era can be tied to a look, and unfortunately for the look above, it's tied to a crap heap.

For all the flack that the BFBS and tail jerseys have taken over the years, I'd like to nominate these as the worst Mets uniform.

971587_10152925860970078_558617497_n.jpg

The first major change from their classic set, and these are really nerdy and unflattering. Why?

For all the flack that the BFBS and tail jerseys have taken over the years, I'd like to nominate these as the worst Mets uniform.

971587_10152925860970078_558617497_n.jpg

The first major change from their classic set, and these are really nerdy and unflattering. Why?

While I agree those may not be the best Mets sets, they can't hold a candle to how bad the BFBS unis are.

While I agree those may not be the best Mets sets, they can't hold a candle to how bad the BFBS unis are.

Admittedly part of it is that the BFBS era will forever remind me of being in junior high during the '99 and '00 playoffs, so I can never fully hate them (even though the aesthetic-minded part of me wants to).

Archived