Seattle Seahawks

jimboqb12

I know a lot of members on here think that sleeve striping doesnt work but I think it still does. Of course its not as large as it once was but having sleeve stripes is still workable for two reasons:

1. There is still a sleeve. Granted lineman are now practically wearing vests but while the pads have pads over the deltoids there will be a sleeve. Why not fill that space with more than just a manufacturers logo.

2. If you were to remove sleeve stripes you would lose what are not just team icons but football icons. Teams like Steelers, Packers, 49ers and Bears have strong identities that would be diluted if the stripes were removed. Furthermore the sleeve stripe is the icon of a football jersey around the world. If you see a tshirt with three stripes on the sleeve you know its based on a football jersey.

Plus they hark back to an era that was just bloody cool.

That said I do agree with the double logo thing; however, it is the Seahawks look and I wanted to return to it after the so called 'denim' years.

I actually *love* the sleeve stripes you did. I just think they'd be nicer without the Seahawk embedded in them. I am a HUGE fan of sleeve stripes and dislike that the NFL has slowly gotten away from them in many cases.

This is my first attempt at using Inkscape. I'd been stuck in MSPaint but I've branched out and I'm now learning the ropes on Inkscape.

I've gone against the speculation and designed a very conservative Seahawks concept. A bit of the old with the new. I used the navy of the current uni set and the green from the classic Largent era unis.

Anyway here they are. As always I'm looking forward to hearing the pointers from you talented bunch.

Home

Home-1.png

Road

Road-1.png

I never did like the blue helmet. But I'm glad you've kept the 'pissed seahawk' look.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Archived