DaRadniz's Basketball Courts NCAA, NBA, etc.

DaRadniz29

Browsing the site this past weekend I came across the "Courts You'll never see in real life" and was intrigued. So after creating my own template and finding a nice pattern - thanks to a member at deviant art - forget his name, but he had a wood pattern for wallpaper, I just adjusted it for the courts.

I started with Florida, which took me the longest to get the look they have inside the three point arc and key. I guess a lot of college teams have started doing this. Anyone know why? Because I don't. I guess it looks cool, but it was a pain to duplicate.

Here are a couple courts and descriptions. I also included the template (in psd format) and should be ready to go. I tried to include layers for as much as I could think of.

TEMPLATE:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?14e12v5wa5d48ab

Just a warning the template is large - makes it easier to edit. I've resized my courts below to 500x282

FLORIDA GATORS:

As I said above a pain to duplicate in some areas, and while I'm not sold on the stained wood look - I do love the clean feel it has.

floridagators500x282.png

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE JACKRABBITS:

watching them the other night I was a bit confused on what their actual colors were, be it sky blue and gold or the medium blue or what I like to call (Oak Blue), but I like the Oak Blue look better and so I went with that and so I guess you could call this a hybrid of Frost Arena's real look and what I would do.

ncaabkcourtsouthdakotas.png

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS:

I also tried my hand at the Warriors court - even though I'm not one for a lot of yellow, and I think the Warriors really should consider adjusting their blue to my Oak Blue.

That may just be me though. :)

goldenstatewarriorscour.png

I'm still working on some of my other stuff but if you want to see your school or NBA team here, requests are accepted or try your hand at the template - Not as clean as I'd like it to be, but it's a start.

For requests, I can do real courts or try my hand at something a little more creative.

Edit: Just noticed the baskets in some are not not lined up properly with the arc and one set is black while the others orange. When I update, I'll adjust.

Also if you're wondering why the NCAA Courts don't have the arc - I decided to leave them out, may do the same for the baskets/hoops. Though all is included in the template.

Here are a few concepts I did for Arizona Wildcats basketball court. I took the stained wood look and figured if you're going to use it, make is interesting. which one do you like the best?

All three feature the "Arizona" script on each baseline, a Navy and Cardinal painted Keys

Stained wood cactus logo under the block A and the "Beardown" wordmark logo along both Free Throw lines.

basketballcourtarizonaw.png

Stained wood logo with cactus logo on both top and bottom of the block A with the Beardown wordmark logo along both free thrown lines.

Stained wood Beardown logo on both sides of the block A. Note: I wanted to put the "Pac 12" text logo along the Free Throw line in this one, but could find a suitable logo. If I could have, I would have removed the Pac 12 shield logo and replaced it with the cactus logo.

I really like the first desert cactus idea, it flows well and doesn't overrun the floor design. Here's a 'Zona concept i came up with in a template I designed myself...

ArizonaWildcats.png

Cool, Yeah I agree with the first single cactus logo. I also designed my own template just couldn't find a wood pattern I liked and was having some trouble getting a wood pattern I was comfortable with, so used the one you see in my courts above. Then I found the template Darth Brooks created, and I used that floor design while adding my own touches and stuff. There are a couple courts I updated there - including the Arizona cactus logo which looks awesome with lights and shadow.

Your Arizona court is cool. The only thing I might suggest fixing or at least resizing is the Pac 12 shield logo. It looks a bit big in the key.

So was I, I was tweaking the template last night and finally found a good wood pattern...as for the pac-12 logo, i agree that it looks a little too big, i was considering putting it opposite the cactus logo inside the three point line but for some reason i didn't want the conference logos facing opposite directions.

• 6 months later...

So what Happened to all of the files and images on this post. I'm making a game and these would be very useful to my effort.

They got screwed up and in trying to fix things I ended up accidentally deleting them. In addition I was going to upload them, but was having issues with my image hosting account.

Everything seems to be okay with the account now so I can see if I still have the files and upload what you need for reference, if you'd like.

So what Happened to all of the files and images on this post. I'm making a game and these would be very useful to my effort.

They got screwed up and in trying to fix things I ended up accidentally deleting them. In addition I was going to upload them, but was having issues with my image hosting account.

Everything seems to be okay with the account now so I can see if I still have the files and upload what you need for reference, if you'd like.

Let me know If i'm correct becuase I would like to give credit to everyone involved when I uses these in a game.

Let me know If i'm correct becuase I would like to give credit to everyone involved when I uses these in a game.

I certainly didn't create the template, that goes to Darth Brooks, I just added a few things to it which might be the file above in the first post, but I checked and haven't found my other basketball court files yet - still looking.

I May take a crack at checking out the updated file on the other thread while watching ALCS and football. I do remember creating a wood floor pattern and might still have that.

I'm also toying with creating my own template, though I'm not sure I'm anywhere as good as Darth Brooks' current template.

Archived