Your Team's Top "Cult Heroes"

RedSox44

So many stick out from the Calgary Flames 2004 Stanley Cup run.

Mike Commodore and his hair.

Mike-Commodore.jpg

Krzystof Oliwa and his willingness to fight. (Notice the old black font)

439x.jpg

But mostly Martin Gelinas and his clutch goals. Scoring the series clinching goal in every series, would have done it in the Cup Final but you know something wasn't reviewed.

martygelinas.jpg

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all have our personal favorites, but for some absurd reason, Brandon 'Check-swing Strikeout' Inge is revered in this town...

20090602231222_2009-0602-rb-tigers-redsox227.jpg

I've never seen so many people vehemently defend a career .220 hitter, average defender, clubhouse cancer. The guy owns the Tigers record for most career strikeouts, while only playing in about half the games as Al Kaline. It's sick.

I prefer this picture, as it sums up Brandon Inge's ability at the plate:

CrInge.png

This bum Brandon CrInge hit .197 last year, was replaced twice in a six-month span (by Wilson Betemit and Miguel Cabrera) and is currently hitting a whopping .184. Yet I have a sick feeling that he'll be on the opening day roster ahead of more deserving players like Danny Worth and Ryan Raburn. I've said this a million times: Every other MLB team would have cut him loose years ago, or at least after the Betemit trade.

Why CrInge is so beloved and gets so many second chances is beyond me. :puke::angered:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Vote number three for CRinge. He has had one good season where he made the all-star team and has sucked always except half of that year. He always has a problem as well. When Miggy first came to the Tigers, Inge ended up with his third base job. Now, I will be upset if he takes the job of Ramon Santiago or Ryan Raburn who are both deserving.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I figured Inge was beloved because he was on the 2003 squad and stuck it out with the team, and by extension the fans. Seems like as good a reason as any to have a soft spot for a guy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived