Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks

Lights Out

Considering both franchises are entering new eras, I figured I'd try some new uniforms.

NEW YORK KNICKS

lQCLP.pngun9ZJ.png

For the Knicks, I used basic side panels based on the Empire State Building. I also added in the Statue of Liberty green color that the WNBA's New York Liberty currently uses. I like their color combo a lot, it's distinctive and sharp, so I used it for the Knicks.

BROOKLYN NETS

CWgjN.pngyOHXX.png

For the Nets, I went with a New York subway theme. Lots of tightly-kerned Helvetica and stark design. One unique aspect of these uniforms are the "train numbers" on the front. Numbers 0-15 would be enclosed in a red circle, numbers 16-31 would be enclosed in a blue circle, and numbers 32 and up would be enclosed in a green circle. The side panels are supposed to represent subway routes.

Now that the uniforms are finished, I'll get to work on courts.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really liking your BK Nets concept but imho a different font can really help you out here. The current one is good but i have seen it used way too often (in general). Something a little unique would go well with the whole concept.

I took a shot at a Subway-based Nets concept too. I like the number in the circle, and the color scheme you went with. I'd always wanted to do a concept with RGB on black.

Not as into the Knicks; I feel they need to be simple. A team like the Nets is a perfect canvas for progressive design, not so much the Knicks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the Nets concept is great, basing it off of the subway is a very clever idea. I'm not sure it would go over well with a nationwide audience because they don't understand the reference.

It doesn't need a nationwide audience. It's a regional team.

Your Nets concept is really nice. I would go with Brooklyn on both jerseys, and maybe try a color scheme that better reflects the actual lines that run through Atlantic and Flatbush, but I've always loved that style for them. It was an idea we were working with early on in the design process, but it never went anywhere, unfortunately.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Considering both franchises are entering new eras, I figured I'd try some new uniforms.

NEW YORK KNICKS

lQCLP.pngun9ZJ.png

For the Knicks, I used basic side panels based on the Empire State Building. I also added in the Statue of Liberty green color that the WNBA's New York Liberty currently uses. I like their color combo a lot, it's distinctive and sharp, so I used it for the Knicks.

BROOKLYN NETS

CWgjN.pngyOHXX.png

For the Nets, I went with a New York subway theme. Lots of tightly-kerned Helvetica and stark design. One unique aspect of these uniforms are the "train numbers" on the front. Numbers 0-15 would be enclosed in a red circle, numbers 16-31 would be enclosed in a blue circle, and numbers 32 and up would be enclosed in a green circle. The side panels are supposed to represent subway routes.

Now that the uniforms are finished, I'll get to work on courts.

Nets concept is one of the coolest designs I've ever seen. I like how it incorporates the old wordmark and the subway motif simultaneously. Awesome job on that. What do the above-nameplate logos say?

For the Nets, I think it would be inefficient from a production perspective to have different-coloured front numbers for different players, even though I know what you're getting at. As far as people outside the city not "getting" it, things like that happen sometimes in sports branding. For example, I doubt that everyone gets that the reason all of Pittsburgh's teams are black and gold is because of the city flag, but their not getting it doesn't matter. If it means something to the people who live there, that's what counts.

rATMcmK.png

I always love seeing your concepts because of your creativity. That Knicks look great, the elimination of balck was a must. The Nets concept is awesome, definetly one of my favorites. It really took me by surprise in a good way.

spacer.png

For a concept, both are astonishingly excellent. Would any of these ideas ever become a reality? I can't imagine so since the Empire State building is a bit too gimmicky (and in general, i greatly detest their current orange and blue...it's awful on the eyes).

I appreciate the Nets idea, especially since they have prior history with Helvetica in the 80s, though, just like the 80s, it would look too-dated.

I personally love the Knicks current look, minus the black, so I can't say that I think the Knicks concept is an upgrade. But the Nets is amazing. Very clever, well executed, and the uniforms have a lot of character. Well done.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived